Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Lidia discussion is cropping up across multiple threads, let's have us a thread for people who want to discuss her contribution to Australian politics.

It should go without saying but seeing as she's a bit of a beacon for controversy - for a variety of reasons - let's just remind ourselves what the board rules are around racism and sexism, shall we?
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others.
Standard board rules apply, but let's make this abundantly clear: let's play nicely in here.

Go nuts.

This is a rather confusing word salad in the context of the discussion at hand

It’s really not if you have an understanding of some of the key discussion points of Treaty and don’t come from a closed minded position of an ideologue.

People that don't want to be accused of being conservative or right wing but want to push that agenda or agree with that position tend to do one of two things

Blame the people they want to disagree with for making them side with the conservatives

Alternatively claim it's a mainstream centre position and therefore not conservative

I didn’t claim either, I just don’t think you really have a grasp (or possibly understand) where certain opinions on this issue sit in the political spectrum.

Imagine saying this on a forum where her language isnt allowed.

Hrmmmm.
You're going to i have to bring me up to speed on this one Hairy

It's weird how often being black is a defence of shit behaviour to you extreme lefties. No, she is a vile person, colour irrelevant
Why is she vile?

It’s really not if you have an understanding of some of the key discussion points of Treaty and don’t come from a closed minded position of an ideologue.
Treaty?
I didn’t claim either, I just don’t think you really have a grasp (or possibly understand) where certain opinions on this issue sit in the political spectrum.
Which issue are you talking about now to be clear

... Seeds, this is very, very silly. He's here with his wife as king and queen, as sovereign of Australia.
If he agreed with lydia, does he actually even have the power to do what she wants?

Im as anti-monarchy as anyone, but leave my hate for real monarchies. Not pretend ones that are symbolic only. And they havent been real for hundreds of years

i dont have a problem with what Lydia did today. Just all seems a bit pointless to me. Her attention should be focussed on our government if she wants to change our laws.

Ahh yes, a position of acknowledging injustice, national unity, shared prosperity and concern for corruption (in an area of business and local government already highly corrupt in its very short infancy) makes you a right winger these days.

Probably accused from the position of an even further far right sovereign citizen cooker pretending to be left, by the looks.
Did you just say that the right have a "concern for corruption"?

You seriously think that?

And how many crankhawk opinions is lidia worth in your view on this specific topic then?
Not how it works

You were the one claiming your position was just as valid and your perspective equally important

If he agreed with lydia, does he actually even have the power to do what she wants?

Im as anti-monarchy as anyone, but leave my hate for real monarchies. Not pretend ones that are symbolic only. And they havent been real for hundreds of years

i dont have a problem with what Lydia did today. Just all seems a bit pointless to me. Her attention should be focussed on our government if she wants to change our laws.
Lidia seeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You attributed that to people assuming someone is a right winger.

When in fact it would be the opposite.

No, I think you need to re-read the post and the ones that lead to it. And thank you by extension for backing me up.

Someone that thinks those things probably would be (at a minimum) a centrist.

Last edited:
Lidia seeds

In all seriousness.
So many of the posters in this thread are genuinely racist, but take any corrections or criticisms purely as an attack, rather than something for them to reflect on.

There is a reason that Lidia Thorpe is possibly the most hated politician in Australia.
And it isn't because of the excuses we're given.

It's because we 'allowed' her a position of authority over us, and she's abused our 'charity', by being outspoken and not supporting our pre-existing views.
She didn't 'earn' anything, we 'gave' it to her.

Australia has spent more time defending and excusing the actions of the rapist, Lehrmann. And still think he's treated unfairly.
But HATE Thorpe, and will neve be happy until she's destroyed.
The people that need to consider why this is, never will.

I’m sorry, did Lidia allude to the Voice or some other issue today or are you just assuming anyone not far left never listens, acknowledges and considers the actual statements that leave her mouth?
No I asked what you were talking about

In all seriousness.
So many of the posters in this thread are genuinely racist, but take any corrections or criticisms purely as an attack, rather than something for them to reflect on.

There is a reason that Lidia Thorpe is possibly the most hated politician in Australia.
And it isn't because of the excuses we're given.

It's because we 'allowed' her a position of authority over us, and she's abused our 'charity', by being outspoken and not supporting our pre-existing views.
She didn't 'earn' anything, we 'gave' it to her.

Australia has spent more time defending and excusing the actions of the rapist, Lehrmann. And still think he's treated unfairly.
But HATE Thorpe, and will neve be happy until she's destroyed.
The people that need to consider why this is, never will.

Nah.

I dislike her because she is rude, a terrible role model for young Australians (girls particularly) in how she conducts herself, the language she uses in formal settings, how divisive and aggressive she is and how she misuses her station (regularly) for self interest. She longs for a divided country.

She only has to deliver her message differently and it would be a different matter. She loses her message constantly in her behavior.

The likes of Mandela, MLK, Gandhi, Chavez are legends of history, not solely because of their message, but in the way they delivered it and achieved it.

Lidia has dined out too much on the stories of Robert Mugabe, Che Guevara, Huey Newton I think…

I mean yeah but when just stop oil glue themselves to a road, most reckon they are an embarrassment also, even if their message comes from a good place.

if you think the best way to get your message across is to act like a bellend,
well.........There's a reason these people who act like idiots don't have the support of the majority of people.
You’d no doubt have said the same to African Americans who sat at the front of the bus, or sat at lunch counters despite there being a sign up clearly saying whites only…

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back