Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seeing as Lidia discussion is cropping up across multiple threads, let's have us a thread for people who want to discuss her contribution to Australian politics.

It should go without saying but seeing as she's a bit of a beacon for controversy - for a variety of reasons - let's just remind ourselves what the board rules are around racism and sexism, shall we?
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which:
  • is dangerous to health, anti-vax, Covid denial etc,
  • is hateful, including sympathetic discussion of far-right/neo-Nazi tropes,
  • misinformation or disinformation,
  • defamatory,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • bigotry,
  • likely to offend,
  • is spam or spam-like,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity (including illegal drug use, buying, selling etc),
  • or otherwise violates any laws,
  • or contains personal information of others.
Standard board rules apply, but let's make this abundantly clear: let's play nicely in here.

Go nuts.

I mean who does she think she is, expecting the King to have a private meeting with her? Kind of similar to when Harry O'Brien wrote a letter to Obama requesting a meeting, nothing wrong with asking I suppose.
yeah these blackfellas can get a bit uppity can't they mate? Thank goodness we have loyal subjects like you to put them in their place. W:anchor:

Tell me the simple reason why?

Given I have mentioned Pauline Hanson once (in that above post) in 12,000 posts, it must be important to you and very obvious. And lol at this is what you are basing this all on? 1 single post which was inferring Roby calling everyone a racist (lol, some things never change with this group of posters tbh) with an opposing view to his.

I wasn't even commenting on Hanson you absolute drip :tearsofjoy:

I generally don't waste my time on her.

You must be an extraordinarily memorable person.

Her chances might improve if she could show she can carry herself like an adult, much less an elected official. But her history proves otherwise.
she was the only person in the room with any courage. Just point out too that the person the anger was directed to is NOT an elected official. His staus and money is a pure accident of birth. Gook luck to her. I'm a Labor voter but Albo's smirk with King Tampon was last straw for me. Spill.

Every time Thorpe carries on with one of her stunts, I'm reminded that the Greens somehow preselected her over well respected human rights lawyer Julian Burnside. Muppets.
Burnside was a member of a men's-only club for 40 and has displayed sexist behaviour in public. Not a good fit for a party like the Greens whose voters and members are majority women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conservatives lose their collective minds because Thorpe did not behave appropriately and express their outrage by behaving completely inappropriately. Oh the ironing.

Who the **** is Peter Ford?
part of the channel 7 news team

He was in the midst of an epic twitter meltdown. He obviously had a few drinks last night while posting, and woke up this morning and realised that a "Showbiz reporter on radio and TV" probably shouldn't be posting such things if he wanted to keep his career, and tidied up his timeline.

What a loser.

Racist, no. Failure as a politician, yes.

Although, some might call Peris racist for this:

View attachment 2149590

I wouldn't, but some might.

Depends on on your standards I guess.

If it's simply for being a single term senator that retired/didn't sit for re-election to spend more time with her family and her mob and foundation. She failed I guess....

I'd like to think being the first indigenous female elected to federal parliament, campaigning against counter preductive alcohol reforms in the territory and personally founding an organization which attempted to increase attendance and academic standards in indigenous girls at school was extremely impactful to our country in a short space of time.

But what do I know, I'm just a centrist.

Last edited:
Elected to serve at the pleasure of the crown who she has pledged allegiance too, i'm no royalist, but if she feels that strongly about it then all she has to do is resign! Will Adam Bandt give up his home and join us all on that journey to find a new home on one of the 2 million uninhabited islands in the world? Will the Spanish and Portuguese say sorry about that and give up Mexico, Latin and South America?
1000011913.png

She is the most divisive person this country has ever seen. She has no decorum whatsoever.
Yet another person who is annoyed that not everyone thinks the way they think. We were always divided, you just didn't pay attention.

she was the only person in the room with any courage. Just point out too that the person the anger was directed to is NOT an elected official. His staus and money is a pure accident of birth. Gook luck to her. I'm a Labor voter but Albo's smirk with King Tampon was last straw for me. Spill.
Carrying on like a petulant child who didn't get their way. Stunning and brave.

Depends on on your standards I guess.

If it's simply for being a single term senator that retired/didn't sit for re-election to spend more time with her family and her mob and foundation. She failed I guess....

I'd like to think being the first indigenous female elected to federal parliament, campaigning against counter preductive alcohol reforms in the territory and personally founding an organization which attempted to increase attendance and academic standards in indigenous girls at school was extremely impactful to our country in a short space of time.

But what do I know, I'm just a centrist.
And was the subject of two separate corruption allegations, but who's counting?

The constant infantilising of Thorpe is very transparent in its intention

Watching You Pedro Pascal GIF by The Academy Awards

So aren't many or all of the upper house members of the UK, Canada, Germany, Ireland, France, India, Malaysia and South African governments.

I guess we should treat them like shit also if they come to town as most of them weren't democratically elected and just indirectly appointed? Social standing, money, wealth and family names etc play a big factor in politics. Welcome to reality.

Our senate is elected via proportional representation also. She's hardly got the same personal mandate as a member of our house of representatives if you really want to get into it.

The Australian Greens received 99.7% of the vote above the line to enable them to award Lidia a seat as their pre-selected #1 ticketed senate candidate. Lidia received 0.2% of the direct vote below the line for those that wanted to specifically vote for her.

It's not exactly like it is a direct election like US Senate elections. Australians vote for parties in Senate Elections and the Greens were the ones who directly selected Lidia personally (A decision they regret...). This applies to most Senators.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Vic Lidia Thorpe: Not the subject for every thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back