Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

The preload for IW is out of whack. Starts two days before launch. It’s usually 4 days minimum before a games launch.

I was reading that because of that some places were speculating there would be no preload. Two days before makes sense because when I purchased it the checkout said preload would start "about" the 24th. I haven't been able to find that message again because when I go into the store page I only get the countdown to unlock message.

I don't mind when preload is available, even the day before. As long as I can be ready for 12am Friday.

If it's what I think you're referring to then I still refuse to believe it and expecting something like rubber bullets 🤣

I am not sure about that one as I noped out of watching any more after RGG posted the spoiler I am referring to. You know this one as we both discussed it a while ago so I know I can post it to you.

Kiryu having cancer.

Love RGG and their Yakuza series but some things I’d rather not know :p

Me only 20 minutes ago: ok I'm going on Infinite Wealth blackout until launch.

Me now: Just watched it, how happy is Ichi! I know he has nothing personal against Ryo Aoki/Masato but given the events and ending of 7 I was surprised he would still honour him on his shrine.

Also, I'm going to start saying only two days as I'll be playing it at midnight so it's only two sleeps away. Tomorrow I'll be saying it's coming out tomorrow!

Me only 20 minutes ago: ok I'm going on Infinite Wealth blackout until launch.

Me now: Just watched it, how happy is Ichi! I know he has nothing personal against Ryo Aoki/Masato but given the events and ending of 7 I was surprised he would still honour him on his shrine.

Also, I'm going to start saying only two days as I'll be playing it at midnight so it's only two sleeps away. Tomorrow I'll be saying it's coming out tomorrow!

One of the biggest launches of the year and it’s only January. Can see myself playing and then replaying it 2-3 times this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow* 😁

Review scores are good but IMO games like this would be the most subjective. If you're not into JRPG style games or the Yakuza series then it's going to be hard to rate. Likewise if you are you're probably going to love it regardless.
You just know that IGN are going to correct the error of their ways by giving the next four hour COD game a 9.3 score to balance things out.

I skimmed a review as I was interested in seeing if someone had written about the games length. A reviewer said with minimal side content (to level up as you will be under leveled at a certain point) you can finish the story in 45 or more hours. I thought that might be the case as 70+ hours seems like way too much for a LAD game, so pretty much the same length as Yakuza LAD.

You just know that IGN are going to correct the error of their ways by giving the next four hour COD game a 9.3 score to balance things out.

I skimmed a review as I was interested in seeing if someone had written about the games length. A reviewer said with minimal side content (to level up as you will be under leveled at a certain point) you can finish the story in 45 or more hours. I thought that might be the case as 70+ hours seems like way too much for a LAD game, so pretty much the same length as Yakuza LAD.
I'm fine with that. You don't want a story that drags too much. Given dwwaino's and my playstyle of smashing through side content before moving on, anything too long and we'll forget what's happened at the start!

I'm fine with that. You don't want a story that drags too much. Given dwwaino's and my playstyle of smashing through side content before moving on, anything too long and we'll forget what's happened at the start!

Yeah, definitely. I think a great spot for a current day LAD game is around 40-50 hours, otherwise it could drag and go stale in those final 20 hours.

Yeah, definitely. I think a great spot for a current day LAD game is around 40-50 hours, otherwise it could drag and go stale in those final 20 hours.
Yeh, sometimes less is more. (Looking at you Y4 and Y5!)

Lmao at the reaction to "unwavering belief" in the replies. Also RIP missing out on Danny Trejo in Japanese. I guess I'll have to grit my teeth and force myself to do an English playthrough at some stage. I also hope not everyone in Hawaii can magically speak Japanese even though I don't know how it could all work if they didn't.

Play in Japanese (of course), take a note of where every Trejo appearance is, and on a second playthrough, change to English when Trejo shows up. :p

Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back