Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't been pumped for a new game like this in a long time.

Hell yes. So excited after playing Gaiden. I am so excited about the prospect of a
Kiryu and Haruka reunion
after the way Gaiden ended.

Cool! My beef with the dungeon in 7 was it wasn't procedural so it was kind of boring after a couple runs and not worth grinding.

That does make them more interesting, though the advantage of set dungeons meant you knew exactly where the vagabonds were so you could quickly grind.

Waiting for the 26th ...

Escobar Spe GIF by hero0fwar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baka mitai confirmed. That's the first thing I'm doing.

Any newcomer reading these Yakuza threads are going to think these games consist of a whole bunch of side content with a main story thrown in for good measure.

Any newcomer reading these Yakuza threads are going to think these games consist of a whole bunch of side content with a main story thrown in for good measure.

It's not an unfair statement. The main story is excellent but it is definitely smaller in scope than the side content.

Yeah but that's actually true 😆.

In Gaiden during an early part where you're meant to be on the run and dodging police I saw I could enter an arcade. Then I noticed Ono Michio heads in the UFO Catcher and refused to continue until I got one.

I insist on 100% competing pocket racing before progressing the story whenever it exists too 😁. I haven't seen if it's in this one as I haven't actively gone searching for the features, I merely just look at what I see RGG post on Twitter. I noticed there is a dating minigame and even RGG cropped half of Ichi's laptop so I think I'm going to have to play that stuff strategically when the wife isn't around.

Don't forget Dondoko island this time too!

Not that I ever play NG+ but I see this game has put it behind a deluxe edition paywall.

I hope the devs are rightly criticized for this s**t and it doesn't sell ( I know it will because gamers have zero respect for their money). Putting what is essentially a reset button behind a paywall is a shitty practice.

Not that I ever play NG+ but I see this game has put it behind a deluxe edition paywall.

I hope the devs are rightly criticized for this s**t and it doesn't sell ( I know it will because gamers have zero respect for their money). Putting what is essentially a reset button behind a paywall is a shitty practice.

I saw the press release about that this morning, incredibly disappointing. NG+ is only going to be available in the “Master Vacation Pack”, which only comes in the Deluxe Edition. So RGG expects people to pay an extra $25 for the Deluxe Edition which contains NG+, an “all-new story of the Big Swell” (probably a 10 minute side mission) and some outfits?

I have known of devs releasing NG+ months after a games launch but putting it behind a paywall is a first for me.

NG+ in the deluxe edition came out about a month ago, or that's about when I read it. Apparently in Japan this was the case for Y7 as well but not the rest of the world.

For me I think this fell into the "well it doesn't affect me so I'm not going to get outraged" basket. I was already getting the deluxe edition mostly for the extra jobs and I expect this will already be the most common edition. I also don't think I've ever done NG+ on any Yakuza game either because I put obscene amounts of time into it the first time the don't touch them for at least another year where I just start again. You can definitely put paid NG+ into the shitty column but I also expect a large portion, if not the majority, of Yakuza fans who would be into the games enough to play a NG+ would already be getting the deluxe version. Not that it justifies or anything, but that's how I think RGG would try to excuse it.

IMG_0593.jpeg

If anyone ever asks you what Yakuza is about just show them the above photo and tell them your clan are the bullies with baseball bats and they go around beating up musicians and party goers just trying to have a good time.

Multiplat Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Remove this Banner Ad

Back