Lineup v Doggies this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Keeping them to 3 marks from 40 inside 50s was a bonus (we had 20 marks I50 which must be a modern day record for us in any sort of game). Their kicking inside 50 was putrid in the first half but even when the midfield rolled over and died at the end we were stopping them taking easy marks forward.

Live highlight would have to be the Frost chase. Not overly happy with him being forward but if he puts that sort of pressure on I could get interested.

Also much #crumb which gave me the #horn.

Keeping them to 3 marks from 40 inside 50s was a bonus (we had 20 marks I50 which must be a modern day record for us in any sort of game). Their kicking inside 50 was putrid in the first half but even when the midfield rolled over and died at the end we were stopping them taking easy marks forward.

Live highlight would have to be the Frost chase. Not overly happy with him being forward but if he puts that sort of pressure on I could get interested.

Also much #crumb which gave me the #horn.

Yeh the inside 50 marks is the stat that won us the game.

Frost forward is interesting from Roos. I suspect he's trying to find him a place in the best 22 for when the opposition don't have 2 or 3 big forwards.

Still have a number of spuds though that are in need of frying:
- Bail
- McKenzie
- Matt Jones
- Dawes (is this the last year of his k?)
- Watts (teasing spud)

Still, things have greatly improved. We should be able to field a number of spudless sides during the season.

I'd just like to say the MFC has cost me a collect of just under $1,500 tonight. I haven't watched any of the game, i was out all day. All i needed was for this club to cover their line bet (-12.5) which looked like a formality considering the 45 half time lead. Not sure of exactly what happened but seriously can't believe you guys cost me this collect. Thanks MFC!

I'd just like to say the MFC has cost me a collect of just under $1,500 tonight. I haven't watched any of the game, i was out all day. All i needed was for this club to cover their line bet (-12.5) which looked like a formality considering the 45 half time lead. Not sure of exactly what happened but seriously can't believe you guys cost me this collect. Thanks MFC!
Fools that gamble

Still have a number of spuds though that are in need of frying:
- Bail
- McKenzie
- Matt Jones
- Dawes (is this the last year of his k?)
- Watts (teasing spud)

Still, things have greatly improved. We should be able to field a number of spudless sides during the season.

Just wait till we put Spencer in the side.

You're welcome?

I suggest you write a complaint to the club. Tell them you'll cancel your Tigers membership if they don't lift their game.

Fools that gamble

No fools gamble. The Melb bet was in a multi bet, which ironically i was the most confident in. Considering the team line-ups & both needing a win for memberships, i was extremely confident in Melbourne covering the -12.5 line which was reinforced by the half time lead. Seems a pretty insipid 2nd half effort by you guys.

No fools gamble. The Melb bet was in a multi bet, which ironically i was the most confident in. Considering the team line-ups & both needing a win for memberships, i was extremely confident in Melbourne covering the -12.5 line which was reinforced by the half time lead. Seems a pretty insipid 2nd half effort by you guys.
Again fools gamble, what ever way you want to look at it you lost $1500, MFC didn't place the bet for you, you did

I strongly recommend that you don't watch the replay.

Don't bet on NAB Cup games silly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the NAB cup. Shouldn't really be putting money on anything. Perhaps wait until round 4 in the proper season to get a better idea on how teams are performing.

Ten Goal win? Seriously, some people forget we have been lucky to kick 10 goals in a game over the last half a dozen years! And now we expect a 10 goal win? Can anyone remember the last time we had any sort of a win by that margin, pre-season or not?

Unfortunately results do matter for us, as we have had so few of them over a very long period of time now. So we need to experience and be involved in winning, any sort of match. I don't think it matters what team the Dogs put on the park, we will have many challenges including a lot from our own ineptitude.

Personally, I'll take a 1 point win with no injuries and I'll be happy. I'm not expecting to win, and I'm not sure where all the confidence has come from with some of our supporters, but I'm still expecting to lose pretty much every match we play. Until the side starts winning regularly, I still won't go into any game, pre-season or regular season expecting to win. Maybe against the Saints, but they have had us over a barrel(like just about every team) for a decade!

Things I want to hear from the game today(win or lose)

* no injuries
* competitive for all 4 quarters
* won F50 entries
* Kicked 12 goals or more(remembering they are shortened quarters)
* Showed confidence running the ball out of defence
Well written

Why have the Dogs left so many players out? Most teams are ramping up towards the season opener, and bringing back players etc. Would much prefer to play Dogs at near full strength like us(I think we are only missing Vince, Kent, Howe, with Watts the sub as our best 22)

I like the transition from defence to attack. Very promising. Most people were bagging him when we got him, but I love what Lumumba has brought to our side in the two games so far. Garlett, Kent and JKH will cause some headaches around the F50 this year. Focus from opposition will be on stopping Hogan, so I'm guessing Dawes and our resting ruck/floating tall(Watts/Howe/Frost) will have lots of opportunities to get free or be on the weaker defender. Love Viney's effort too today. Has come into the side with real purpose.

I want to see us go on with it in the second half. Don't care about the result, just want to see us continue attacking and running out of defence and restricting the Dogs ball movement. I wanted to see su kick 12 goals today, so we are on target. Would love to see Watts come on and have a real impact too. And no injuries!! I couldn't care who the game is against, our structures and game plan are looking good and we are getting lots of the ball and using it smartly! Let's hope it continues in the second half and into the next game..
From what I think, its because it was almost full strength in the first week, 2nd week we wanted to see the 7 draftee's play and what they have against a strong A.FL side, then pick our round one line up in the third one against the pies at Edihad

It's the NAB cup. Shouldn't really be putting money on anything. Perhaps wait until round 4 in the proper season to get a better idea on how teams are performing.

Why? I'm cleaning up on the nab cup

Had money on you guys to beat the Tigers, us to beat you and tigers to beat port

The weakened squads actually make it seriously easy money

Also round 1 is a great time to punt on an upset

Remove this Banner Ad

Lineup v Doggies this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back