Women's Footy Lions AFLW 2024 (Season 9) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So seems like contracts for the W team are:

2027: Conway, Davidson, Grider, Hodder, Koenen, O'Dwyer
2026: Hickie, Ellenger, Postlethwaite, Dawes, Campbell, Mullins, Anderson, T Smith
2025: Boltz, R Svarc
2024: Dunne, Heslop, Lutkins, Martin, Pregeij, C. Svarc
Unknown: Baldwick [Draft], Crozier [Draft], Davison [new], Hartnell [new], Long [Draft], Peters [Draft], Williams [Draft]

I noted with interest how they were all talking about Bodey moving on from the team, how Dakota and Greta cried etc. Not a word about Emily Bates.

I noted with interest how they were all talking about Bodey moving on from the team, how Dakota and Greta cried etc. Not a word about Emily Bates.
I think her break up with the assistant coach, who seems to be still very close to some players, wasn't that amicable.

Episode 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got a chance to watch the first two eps - I think this was more about Dakota being the main interviewee on the departure, because she was close to Greta, and Wardlaw was also up there with her, but Bates would've been a different group up in the midfield.

Within the context of the game against the Hawks, there was then more coverage about how they went with Emily and while they played up the inevitable rivalry with the new team I didn't get a sense of much antipathy beyond that.

6 home games and 5 away games.
A Friday 5pm game v Pies being a difficult time to drive to Ipswich.
Times are local times so i changed two to Brisbane times being 5.05pm Eagles & 12.05pm Cats
The last game v Saints the time TBC

Below taken from https://www.austadiums.com/sport/teams/brisbane-lions-aflw

1722299438608.png

Could this be the next step for JL?
Huh, interesting. It's well known that the AFLW team has support/coaching from some of the AFL/VFL players. Someone was saying earlier, in the List Management thread maybe?, that JL had mentioned doing assistant coaching stuff.

Match Sim against GC tomorrow. Don't think it's being streamed aside from social media clips/highlights. Standard 4 x 20 minutes match.

No lineup for the Lions AFLW team yet.

Match Sim against GC tomorrow. Don't think it's being streamed aside from social media clips/highlights. Standard 4 x 20 minutes match.

No lineup for the Lions AFLW team yet.
Springfield or Carrara?

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy Lions AFLW 2024 (Season 9) Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back