Lions Reserves 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

45-31 at half time!

86-34 to the Lions.

251256_anchorman_well_that_escalated_quickly_966.jpg

86-34 to the Lions. Black just oozes class, O'Brien, Banfield and Polkinghorne all been good in the midfield.

Up forward, Lisle and Cornelius are kicking nice goals. Special mention to Sam Michael who is just a monster, he's everywhere!
So is the game over? Who were some of the best players? How did Black go?

Just read Polks had 38 touches! What role does he play in the ressies? I'd love to see him racking up high 20's in the seniors.

Played on ball. Raffled the clearances with blacky.

Random thoughts:
Black - On from the start. Classy. Played the whole time I was there (first 3 q's). I'd pick him v Melb
Stakes - a good comeback. Give him another week I reckon.
Polks - (note I'm leading his bandwagon). Disposal efficiency was down a bit, but the numbers were good.
Banfield - Worked hard. Did good!
A-corn - Poor 1st half. Turned it around in the 3rd.
Close - elite kick!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That being said you have to wonder how the last 12 months would have panned out for Polks had this occurred early last year like a lot of people on this board wanted.

Random thoughts:
Black - On from the start. Classy. Played the whole time I was there (first 3 q's). I'd pick him v Melb
Stakes - a good comeback. Give him another week I reckon.
Polks - (note I'm leading his bandwagon). Disposal efficiency was down a bit, but the numbers were good.
Banfield - Worked hard. Did good!
A-corn - Poor 1st half. Turned it around in the 3rd.
Close - elite kick!
Is that all? Did he look good out there in terms of not only the way he played but his movement after all his injuries? I am thinking 3 weeks in the reserves and than a return to the seniors hopefully Round 7/8. I did not watch him play today though.

He played up forward as well (in regards to Polks)

My thoughts on the game...

• Patty has plenty of time with the ball but sometimes gets caught HTB because takes chances
  • Newelly was everywhere in the first half
  • Conway is gonna be a beast soon, loves the tackle and physical contest
  • Ace had a good game but still needs to increase his work rate (don't shoot me for saying so!)
  • Jordy is pretty vocal all over the field and has a great set of hands
  • Stakes was good but will need another week in the reserves, same with Blacky I reckon
  • Gary O'Donnell is a fantastic player manager, spoke well to the boys who came of and reminded them of what needed to be done (same with Doggie Watts)
  • Liam Dawson, whoever he is is fantastic, great effort when he didn't have the ball and went hard when he did, made a fan out of me instantly
  • Sammy Michael, my god, he will run until his legs are shot off if hes told to by the coaches, always puts in the effort for the team when its needed
  • Good crowd size there as well
  • Yeo copped a massive knee to the jatz crackers
Overall a good effort by the boys but sometimes I thought they were a little sloppy after a long build up with hand balls and good movement but at the end of it the kick would go to ground before the targeted player.

Ace had a shocking first half but lit up late.

Sam Michael was immense in the ruck early.

Anyone know why Longer didn't play? Injured or is Leuey/Stef in doubt?
Just got home from the training at Wesley. Billy is in Melb as is Jack Crisp. Will post rest of my impressions in the preview thread for anyone who is interested.

Just on twitter, longer is in emergencies for Karni. Think a late change is on the cards for Martin.
Doubt it will be Martin, he trained and was matched with Browny (could they be thinking of playing him back?). Hanley won't play - leg injury, probably a quad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions Reserves 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back