Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Best dynasty???

• Cats

Votes: 234 21.2%
  • Hawks

Votes: 524 47.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 344 31.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do Hawthorn fans try to insist they weren't favoured to win in any of 2013, 14 or 15?
Granted, they were underdogs in 14, but went in comfortable favourites into the other 2.

All those team played in 4 Grand Finals (across 5 year for the Cats)
Geelong went in favourite 3 times, and the Pies game was pretty line ball, could say 4 times depending on markets.
Hawthorn were favourite 3 times.
Brisbane were favourite 3 times.

Media "experts" aren't just going to sit around and circle jerk the favourite all GF week, they are going to discuss the other team, their chances, some may even have the temerity to tip against the fav. Winning as an overwhelming fav or a massive underdog makes no difference, so I find the attempted history re-write confusing.
The confusion comes from that media hype i think, it is not an attempt to re-write history. No doubt they were pushing the purple storm or what ever it was in 2013 and were receiving a lot of hype. They were having a great finals and dominated the Swans while we were coming in off a tough win against the cats. Freo were just riding a huge storm of momentum a lot like the Tigers last year just without the final piece of the puzzle. In 2015 the media was focused on a lot of the question marks about the Hawks heading in to the Grand Final. Our age got a lot of attention, the fact that we lost to the Eagles a few weeks earlier (got smashed as well), the fact that we had the 2 trips to WA in 3 weeks and how we would handle that and the heat was even mentioned as something that could help the Eagles.

I agree we were favourites with the bookies and favourites in general, but i think the idea we were the underdogs comes from the media push of the other 2 teams in those years. I also agree that us being favourites or underdogs doesn't matter in terms of judging which of the 3 teams were better.

27858916_10157043861458942_6644091856963591863_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions vs Cats vs Hawks - Which dynasty is the best?

Back