List Management 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough - I hope we can find some experience over the off-season.

There are always players who are being cut who can play one more year.

Generally, clubs dont want to use a list slot on an old player who wont develop further - but GWS is different, especially if we expect to be able to rest them some weeks.

So are GWS able pre list any players like last season or has this concession ceased ?
Yes, access to 10 such players was across the end of 2011 and end of 2012.

BUT by my count 7 were listed and traded in 2011, then I assume Giles, Clifton and Mohr would come under that concession? So the 10 might've all been used in that case.

But weren't Giles and Clifton signed in 2010 given they played from game one in the NEAFL last year?

There have been so many different concessions and signing rules dealing with zones and 17 yr olds and out of contract AFL players and others who have been on a list but aren't now etc etc. that it's hard to keep up.

Giles was on an AFL list, Mohr and Clifton weren't. It's pretty confusing.

Giles and Clifton were signed in 2010 and joined the list under the concession that we could prelist anyone who had played for us in 2011.

We used nine prelistings in the lead up to 2011:
  1. Steven Morris
  2. Martin Clarke
  3. James Elliot
  4. Terry Milera
  5. Ahmed Saad
  6. Luke Brown
  7. Jarrad Boumann
  8. Adam Kennedy
  9. Tim Mohr
We were pencilled in to take James McDonald with the 10th but instead we took him through the draft, so I believe we have one slot free.

Im expecting us to lose all four of the Geriatrics With Scully over the offseason, and to replace them with similar types.

Honestly, the only one who has been a standout is Cornes, and even then he does enough brain-bending skill errors that I understand why Port let him go.

Im expecting us to lose all four of the Geriatrics With Scully over the offseason, and to replace them with similar types.

Honestly, the only one who has been a standout is Cornes, and even then he does enough brain-bending skill errors that I understand why Port let him go.

i am not certain what you mean by scully, but he has a 6year contract and is going nowhere, and cornes will play on if he wants to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i havent seen it before. imo they have all done very well. any way on way to game ,want catch the 2nd 1/2 resies.

Yeh, I think all four were terribly important. Cornes has been the best, no probs there. Lukey Power had a shocker of a game last weekend, but I think he's been good for the young team all considering.

Sheedy said in today's presser thay he'd like to retain O'Hailpin, 'isn't sure' who of the 4 vets will retire.

Also looking for key defenders around the low 190cms, praised what Davis and Cornes have done this year; sounds like what Hombsch, Frost and even Folau could become.

Sheedy said in today's presser thay he'd like to retain O'Hailpin, 'isn't sure' who of the 4 vets will retire.

Also looking for key defenders around the low 190cms, praised what Davis and Cornes have done this year; sounds like what Hombsch, Frost and even Folau could become.

Heard we have showed slight interest in Jayden post, but no doubt one of many defenders we have sounded out

Here's the quote from Sheedy:

“Phil Davis has been back there beating against the biggest influx of inside 50s that any tall back or key back have ever probably had on them."

“From that point of view we definitely need some six foot two, 193cm and 194cm running players that will add to that group that we’ve got in the midfield."

My first guesses: Treloar, Giles, Coniglio, ?, Cameron, ?, ?

How did I miss Greene second from right haha

Another guess on twitter is Dev Smith in there. Also Tyson.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Management 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back