List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to know your sources that show Houston as under paid?

Haven't seen any report that has showed he's under paid and I'm pretty confident that Port would definitely offer him a revitalised contract if it were the case
He signed his last contract before becoming what should be a dual All Australian.

Its pretty well guaranteed that he's not being paid at the level of the best rated general defender in the AFL.

Hilarious these guys who have no sympathy and say Houston should honour the contract. I bet these guys who moan like **** if they were being paid 10k less than what they are worth, but expect Houston to lose hundreds of thousand dollars per season.
I have no sympathy for Houston or anyone who breaks contracts.

You've signed the deal and you stick with it unless both parties want to change it.

People are narcissitic and demented.

When you sign a contract, at the time, you should be happy with the terms and the deal and stick with them.

Nick Haynes is 32, and not a best 22 player at GWS. They'd be picking him up on minimum chips.
Yeah possibly - was apparently paid $1 million on a heavily back ended contract which is the reason he has stayed at GWS for the past couple seasons. Was All-Australian in 2020 so I'd say he will be on a better than average deal for a guy his age.

Nick Haynes is 32, and not a best 22 player at GWS. They'd be picking him up on minimum chips.

Does Nick Haynes even get on the park any more?

He was quality but I thought he went the way of Sam Day.

Saints won't do that but

Out: Houston, Soldo
In: One of NWM/Phillipou and 2nd Rnd + 3rd Rnd

Nwm yes. Saints would not trade him but yeah, we should be after him hard and he has high value.

No way in hell would I do phillipou and a 2nd. Mattaes doesn’t have a high trade value, he’s a prospect and still finding his feet at afl level.

I would be enquiring after him but he have to come with a high draft pick attached.

Nwm yes. Saints would not trade him but yeah, we should be after him hard and he has high value.

No way in hell would I do phillipou and a 2nd. Mattaes doesn’t have a high trade value, he’s a prospect and still finding his feet at afl level.

I would be enquiring after him but he have to come with a high draft pick attached.

I'd hope that the club would ask the question of Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera. I was under the impression the Burgoyne's, specifically Jase, was close with Nasaih growing up and playing etc.. but who knows.

It's like Pickett, would hope he'd consider requesting because he wants to come to Port.

I'd "hope" that if a port player requests a trade to a certain club I.e. saints or Melbourne then it should be perfectly fine if a player from there says they'd like to come to Port, even if in contract still like Houston is and those clubs work with it fairly.

I guess Buckley, Taylor and Idun have gone past him and are certainly younger. I guess he's been happy to play VFL on huge coin at this stage. He actually played last week.

That surprises me. I was a big fan, he was a great rebounding half back. Miles plays a lot like him and that is a good thing.

But last time I saw Haynes, he could barely move.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be barracking for the saints to land pick 8 for battle compo to on trade to us for Houston. Take to the draft or flip for Pickett
Well regardless, we should never be accepting any offers for Houston unless the offer we get is acceptable for Melbourne to trade Pickett.

Port should be trying to make this a Houston for Pickett deal on a net basis regardless of all the clubs that may be involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back