List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually think it's the reverse of that, he doesn't have the footy smarts to play loose man or the kicking skills to take advantage of intercept marks with quick play on movement. To me his only chance of making it is as a pure shut down defender, you beat your man your job is done.
He needs a defensive set up where he can use his muscle to match the big boys and there is support there from intercept defenders to come over the top and get the marks and block off the leads when he gets outsmarted.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If the intel from Kashyyyk is on the money, we can expect:

Hinkley gone
Carr in
Freo defence - yes!
Houston gone - what do we need for Carry
You would assume more accountability in the midfield like Carr back in the day
You would assume the old blokes gone in Boak, Dixon, McKenzie possibly gold card Burton
Jed and Franky Evans could be on the outer.
Does Carr like Visentini over the other rucks?
Obviously renewed vigour and accountability and positive Creed like mantras.

How much is the last five weeks a rehearsal for what Carr wants to implement?

It could be one of the greatest off seasons since 2023!!!!!!!!!!!

Really surprised Sam Wicks name hasn’t been mentioned in trade talks. No world beater but better than all our small forwards except Rioli. Can’t see him getting back into the Sydney team this season and apparently on the outer with teammates.

I got to tell you that your recent posting has elevated my hope to A New Hope.

An accountable, speedy defence would be awesome.

Return Of The Jedi Episode 6 GIF by Star Wars
Makes A New Hope reference but posts Return of the Jedi footage. Cinema.

I got to tell you that your recent posting has elevated my hope to A New Hope.

An accountable, speedy defence would be awesome.

But who's the empire in your analogy? I wouldn't say Ken because he isn't 'evil mastermind' enough.
The local council maybe? wait no, the local council has handrails & the empire doesn't.
SANFL? yeah i'll go with them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect list changes could be something like
RETIRED: Boak, Dixon, McKenzie
DELISTED: Logan Evans (because I don't trust our list management to be smart and keep him), some list cloggers.
TRADE: Houston, Butters.
DELIST / TRADE: Marshall, Burton
This is what it should be in my opinion but our list managers arent ruthless enough.

Retired: Dixon, McKenzie (I reckon Boak stays 1 year especially if Ken leaves)
Delisted: McEntee
Trade: Burton, Soldo, DBJ, Houston (if he wants to), Farrell (Has some value but also expendable imo)

Williams, Narkle, Kyle Marshall, McCallum, Clurey and F Evans are all potential delists (or a remote chance of a trade) too. I like Williams but feel like the club has a different view on him. F Evans would be a harsh one but jury's out on him. Not sure if he'd make any other AFL side tbh.

We'll be bringing in Barrett, Francou, Montgomery and Rome Burgoyne in some way so we need at least 4 list spots. Plus I would say we should draft another 2 outside of the NGA and F/S.

Should be a massive off-season and for once, I hope we see some ruthlessness.

Thinking about Brisbane and how they recruited Neale, Dunkley, Joe, Cameron. That’s 4 pretty good players.

So far we’ve traded in JHF who is at that level. If we could trade in 3 players at this level we become a different team. Ken or not.

Don't get me wrong I love Houston.... He's 28 and I think he's someone we can replace.
We have plenty of HBF.
Trade value is arguably at his highest, which is nice for a change.

Get a first and second or Pickett and change etc
Could be a win for us

Apparently we've put a deal to Perryman that will have him here until he's a bit older than Joe Biden.

Thinking about Brisbane and how they recruited Neale, Dunkley, Joe, Cameron. That’s 4 pretty good players.

So far we’ve traded in JHF who is at that level. If we could trade in 3 players at this level we become a different team. Ken or not.

Perryman is a likely addition. I think you'll find they'll move on a few players in the current squad to get draft picks to regenerate the list that way - unless of course they are able to use those multiple first round picks they get in any potential Houston trade to acquire a young but established up and coming player with clear star potential (and I suspect the list of those players would be minimal).

Don't get me wrong I love Houston.... He's 28 and I think he's someone we can replace.
We have plenty of HBF.
Trade value is arguably at his highest, which is nice for a change.

Get a first and second or Pickett and change etc
Could be a win for us
Houston is one of the best in his position in the comp, nothing short of a kings ransom should be considered. Not interested in picks, only an a player who walks into our best 22 and makes us a better side next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back