Port2Power

Team Captain
Jan 13, 2023
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Mysterious Basketball Cat B player has arrived to Port

Welcome Jacob Moss

Port Adelaide list manager Jason Cripps said Moss’ skills and athletic ability caught the eyes of recruiters.

“Jacob is athletic and particularly strong in the air, with an excellent running vertical jump,” Cripps said.

Last edited:

I was having a cry in the off season and someone mentioned we had a ruck waiting for Cat B and boy has it taken a while.

Good luck Jacob.
Good news for our list management to have him and the likely Benny Barrett as recruits that could fill up our Cat B list next year.

I like the fact that he's played footy most of his life, so the basics are probably all there, but he's stepped away a few years and now wants to give it a crack. Who knows if he'll have that intangible competitive edge, and the ability to find the ball, but this feels like a worthy gamble.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, the Dean Brogan approach

I'm assuming one of our other ruckman are out the door end of season then. Otherwise my concern is how do you develop these guys when you have 3 rucks running around in our reserves team looking for the same opportunities

I'm assuming one of our other ruckman are out the door end of season then. Otherwise my concern is how do you develop these guys when you have 3 rucks running around in our reserves team looking for the same opportunities
If he plays as a CHF/backup ruck. It then keeps Scully forward.

Good news for our list management to have him and the likely Benny Barrett as recruits that could fill up our Cat B list next year.

I like the fact that he's played footy most of his life, so the basics are probably all there, but he's stepped away a few years and now wants to give it a crack. Who knows if he'll have that intangible competitive edge, and the ability to find the ball, but this feels like a worthy gamble.
It's a slam dunk.

I'm eyeing off BB bigtime as well.

I've fears for Ivan injury wise but that to one side he's likely to sit forward and 10 minutes here and there at Sanfl level next year.

He'll be fine that's plenty for year one.

Year 2 we will always have a Ruck injured or suspended. Could be we play 2 Rucks at afl level?

Could be he's a key position prospect?

Anyway wish him the best.

He's 198cm, that's not necessarily ruck height these days.

I'd be interested to see if they think key forward or back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Cat B Rookie (2024) - Jacob Moss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back