List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

With Dixon's retirement looming, the injury cloud hovering over Todd Marshall which could result in his early retirement, the on-going health situation with Finlayson's wife which could also unfortunately hasten his, and no guarantee that Ratugolea will be able to consistently perform as a forward I doubt the club would risk trading Lord unless it was for an offer that was so good they just couldn't refuse.

Any imminent retirements aside Williams is probably the only definite to be delisted as he would have no trade value whatsoever, and they may try and trade McCallum but I suspect on disclosed form he would be worth an early 3rd rounder at best.

At least one of Frankie Evans and Macandcheese should be under pressure to hold their spot on the list but good performances from either if we make the finals could change that, Burton could also be trade bait, and Narkle has probably done enough to get another contract.

Kyle Marshall has been disappointing so far, but as a 201 cm project defender he should be safe for at least one more season, and with the expected retirement of McKenzie I hope the club keeps Clurey as an experienced back up defender.

This is highly debatable.

Debatable but nor improbable. That midfield growing into its prime years makes us dangerous. And we are at worst solid in key positions and ruck.

No it isn't. As it stands right now we're four wins, three of which would be at home, away from a Grand Final, and we're in a rare position this year where that Grand Final would almost certainly be against a non-MCG tenant. We're coached by Ken Hinkley so we'll probably **** it up, but Hinkley factor aside this is absolutely a premiership window.

No it isn't. As it stands right now we're four wins, three of which would be at home, away from a Grand Final, and we're in a rare position this year where that Grand Final would almost certainly be against a non-MCG tenant. We're coached by Ken Hinkley so we'll probably **** it up, but Hinkley factor aside this is absolutely a premiership window.
We were also in a very good position last year and had a fair few passengers that have been kicked off the bus mid this year.

Everything about us screams ‘Premiership Window’ except our coach, he screams ‘it’s an even competition by design and to win a Premiership you need to pay you respects and get a little lucky, who are we to try and buck the trend’ and secures his job a little longer because he still doesn’t yet have the cattle.

We're potentially going to make top 4 for the fourth time in 5 years, top 2 for the third. It's hardly highly debatable that we are in the "window". Whether this group is actually good enough to do it is another question.

I'd say the definition of a premiership window is being 'good enough to do it'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say the definition of a premiership window is being 'good enough to do it'.
By that logic you can't be in a premiership window unless you actually win the premiership, which would put your definition of 'premiership window' squarely at odds with the generally accepted definition.

Were St Kilda in a premiership window between 2009 and 2010?

If Goodwin goes, I reckon their next coach will go rebuild mode & ignore Houston.
Regardless of a change in coach, Gawn and May are 33. Oliver is cooked off field, possibly on field too, and Petracca now seemingly hates the joint for almost killing him.

Houston won’t be going there.

Although given Hawthorns past with us & Sam Mitchell is in charge, I can see them making a big offer for Houston.

Although given Hawthorns past with us & Sam Mitchell is in charge, I can see them making a big offer for Houston.
No chance.

Hawks are getting Barrass and Battle.

Why would they need a half back flanker when they have Jiath and Impey performing in that role now and both of those players suit the Hawthorn "run and gun" game style more than Houston could provide.

By that logic you can't be in a premiership window unless you actually win the premiership, which would put your definition of 'premiership window' squarely at odds with the generally accepted definition.

Were St Kilda in a premiership window between 2009 and 2010?

When I say 'good enough to do it', I'm saying that subjectively not objectively. St Kilda were good enough to do it in 2009 and 2010 IMO, they just didn't. I'm not totally convinced we're good enough to do it right now.

A one year window…….very interesting
I don't mean to shock you but the period of 2009 and 2010 actually comprised of two AFL seasons.

*ing hell the overrating of draft picks on Bigfooty is infuriating. Petracca is a superstar. Who gives a * how old he is, we're in a premiership window. I'd take him over ten first rounders.
We have been in a window for years now and a 29 year old coming off a serious injury with 2 years left...1 is with Hinkley. Goodluck with that.

If Goodwin goes, I reckon their next coach will go rebuild mode & ignore Houston.

No. They have a very good list.

Rebuilds don't lead to success for any coach that takes one on.

Melbourne will possibly never have a list this good again.

The new coach will not only want Houston but the best mid Melbourne can buy with the million a year spare cash they aren't spending on Oliver.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back