List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Some poster on the Camry board reckons that Philippou wants out of the Saints & the Crows are very keen to get a deal done.

You can always tell when their season is over - Lukosius, Oliver, Phillipou, Neal-Bullen. All for a second rounder.

Alex Neal-Bullen reportedly requested a trade to South Australia

Centrals.

Some poster on the Camry board reckons that Philippou wants out of the Saints & the Crows are very keen to get a deal done.
So far, out of all the names that have been thrown as "wanting a trade", Phillipou is the one I'd go hardest for and be willing to give a good pick.

Like if we get a top 10 pick + first rounder back for Houston, Phillipou will have more of an impact next year for us than a top 10 pick imo

I think that if there I'd any truth to the Houston to Melbourne rumours, ANB would be included in that discussion

We seem to roll over for the homesick types

With ANB and Melbourne publicly coming out and agreeing to send him to SA his value plummets.

We’d be crazy not to look at picking him up in the F.Evans / McEntee / Narkle role as a huge upgrade.

Given his age he’s a mid 2nd or steak knives in a broader deal.

A lot of talk about Dan moving but I don’t think he goes unless it’s for overs. If the contract is the issue we have Boak, Dixon likely to retire and big question marks on Marshall, Burton being around next season. We just upgrade his contract.

So far, out of all the names that have been thrown as "wanting a trade", Phillipou is the one I'd go hardest for and be willing to give a good pick.

Like if we get a top 10 pick + first rounder back for Houston, Phillipou will have more of an impact next year for us than a top 10 pick imo

If Phillipou wants to come home we would be crazy not to ask the question. Unfortunately, we currently don’t have anywhere near the Draft capital that would get a deal done.

Would hate to see him end up at the Crows, but I think they are in a better position to win his signature if the rumours are indeed true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His Dad ( Sam) is a member of one of Port's coterie groups, and there was talk we were interested in drafting him but didn't have a low enough pick to take him.
Not sure if he was a Port supporter or not.

Adelaide is poised to launch another bid for a South Australian Sun, with the Crows keen to reunite Jack Lukosius with the likes of Izak Rankine at West Lakes.

But the 195cm 24-year-old, who is contracted until the end of 2026, has made his intentions clear by meeting with Adelaide coach Matthew Nicks.

The Advertiser reports Nicks met with Lukosius on the Gold Coast last week, attempting to convince him to request a trade west.

I know a lot of posters here don’t rate luko, and who knows where Adelaide would play him, but a luko, thilthorpe flogger forward line could give us the shits in showdowns for a long time.

I would much prefer Adelaide hit the draft and let their pretty poor recruiter mess it up

Alex Neal-Bullen reportedly requested a trade to South Australia

I see what you mean, but he’s an absolute upgrade on Evans/McEntee and if we are in a premiership window, as you suggest, why wouldn’t we go for it

Evans and mcintee shouldn’t be getting games now, much less next season.

We’ve got spp to come in, Jackson and Lorenz waiting to get games, anasta and Charleston to look at next year. Barrett joining.

If we bring in perryman or someone else that’s one more player pushed out the 22.

ANB would be a great get and an upgrade on DBJ and Evans/McEntee. Wouldn't cost much in draft capital either.

Lol upgrade on Dbj?

18.7d 0.4 g 0.3 ga 2.7 i50s

10.9d 1.1g 1.1 ga 2.5 i50s

Dbj > Neal bullen.

Neal-Bullen is a premiership player in a role Evans and McEntee have played 12 games each. So yea id certainly take him, assuming Melbourne don't want too much and don't try use him to lessen what they have to give up for Houston (assuming he does in fact request a trade)

Mcintee and Evans played 12 games each in a year spp was injured and rioli has missed 5 games. Either are currently first 22, they’re getting games from outside the 22.

True I forgot about Powell-Pepper.

ANB plays a slightly different role to DBJ. He works up the field more and gets more involved in general play which is reflected in his higher disposals, tackles, rebound 50s and inside 50 numbers. None of our current small/medium forwards offer this.

His i50 numbers are like something like 0.2 higher lol.

Neal-Bullen’s a good role player and would be in our best 22. I’m just not sure in a salary cap league he’s enough of an upgrade on what we have to be worth paying a fair price for.

I’m not sure how he’s guaranteed to be best 22. As I said above, currently mcintee and Evans aren’t really best 22, they’re getting games due to players missing cause of injuries.

Next year we’ve got spp coming back, Jackson and Lorenz hands will be up for a wing /hff spot, Barrett , Anastas and Charleston could be options to. Sinn could come into the side.

Perryman could be coming in.

Maybe he could be 22, but it’s a long shot from a sure thing.

I know a lot of posters here don’t rate luko, and who knows where Adelaide would play him, but a luko, thilthorpe flogger forward line could give us the shits in showdowns for a long time.

I would much prefer Adelaide hit the draft and let their pretty poor recruiter mess it up

Evans and mcintee shouldn’t be getting games now, much less next season.

We’ve got spp to come in, Jackson and Lorenz waiting to get games, anasta and Charleston to look at next year. Barrett joining.

If we bring in perryman or someone else that’s one more player pushed out the 22.

Lol upgrade on Dbj?

18.7d 0.4 g 0.3 ga 2.7 i50s

10.9d 1.1g 1.1 ga 2.5 i50s

Dbj > Neal bullen.

Mcintee and Evans played 12 games each in a year spp was injured and rioli has missed 5 games. Either are currently first 22, they’re getting games from outside the 22.

His i50 numbers are like something like 0.2 higher lol.

I’m not sure how he’s guaranteed to be best 22. As I said above, currently mcintee and Evans aren’t really best 22, they’re getting games due to players missing cause of injuries.

Next year we’ve got spp coming back, Jackson and Lorenz hands will be up for a wing /hff spot, Barrett , Anastas and Charleston could be options to. Sinn could come into the side.

Perryman could be coming in.

Maybe he could be 22, but it’s a long shot from a sure thing.
McEntee

Adelaide already has enough quality talls in their back half. Luko really doesn't plug any holes. They need midfielders.
Exactly my thoughts, he doesn’t fit Adelaide for any other reason than, ‘the team for all South Australians’

They would be better off securing Neal-Bullen and Oliver. Allow Dawson to go back or to a Wing. Keays and Neal-Bullen would be a headache for work rate small forwards. Oliver, Rankine and Soligo would be a pretty dynamic midfield.

Thilthorpe, Fog, Walsh, Rachelle, Keays, Neal-Bullen - Dangerous, Strength.
Oliver, Rankine, Soligo, Berry, Dowling, Nankervis, Taylor - Solid and building.
Michalanney, Dawson, Worrel, Keane - this is their glaring deficiency.
Curtin and Cook are good 6’3 athletes that are and will develop nicely.

I really don't think ANB will be coming to Port. Doesn't fit the list profile. Turns 29 before the start of next season. Port want draft picks to bring in high end talent in the coming off-seasons before Tassie compromises the draft, so making a move for ANB would be completely counterintuitive to that thinking.

I really don't think ANB will be coming to Port. Doesn't fit the list profile. Turns 29 before the start of next season. Port want draft picks to bring in high end talent in the coming off-seasons before Tassie compromises the draft, so making a move for ANB would be completely counterintuitive to that thinking.
Maybe just steakknives in the Houston deal. Their first + ANB for Houston feels like where this is going to me.

ANB seems like the sort of player Ken would love, he's a better version of the 'defensive forward' type we have been so interminably deploying for the last decade, so I expect we'll be interested.

ANB would be in our best 22 right now, but it's harder to see where he fits next season and beyond. With SPP back, he'll need to push out either him or DBJ, moreso than Evans.

Presumably our preferred small forwards next season will be Rioli, SPP and DBJ alongside 3 talls. Then I think the 7th forward spot continues as a small, rather than going back to the 4 talls of earlier this year. With those 3 all 27-30 next season, I'd think we'd want that player to be someone younger who hits the scoreboard.

We do tend to play an 8th (small) forward as sub, so I'd still expect Narkle/Evans to get some games there next season. But maybe we mix it up a bit more next year.

Maybe just steakknives in the Houston deal. Their first + ANB for Houston feels like where this is going to me.

ANB seems like the sort of player Ken would love, he's a better version of the 'defensive forward' type we have been so interminably deploying for the last decade, so I expect we'll be interested.

If he was 25 years old this would be a completely different proposition.

You have combined the Houston likely trade request and the ANB.trade.request to make sense of both and to tie it all together in a nice little bow. The issue here is that there is a massive difference between a player requesting a trade to a specific club, and a player requesting a trade to go home.

The former implies a contract has been agreed upon between the player and new club, whilst the latter implies that no agreement with any club has been made.

Port have to date not shown any interest in ANB. And given how far down the road the club is with their planning for this off-season, I would be shocked if they pivoted to a soon to be 29 defensive forward on the back end of his career when their main objective this off season has been to acquire young talent who will be part of their nucleus in the next 3-5 seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back