List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Neal-Bullen’s a good role player and would be in our best 22. I’m just not sure in a salary cap league he’s enough of an upgrade on what we have to be worth paying a fair price for.
He is what Ken wishes Jed McEntee is. He is also big upgrade on Frank the Tank.

It's those bottom few players that are costing us, and we should be pushing hard to get him.

Benny Barrett is already a better forward option than ANB.
Can someone answer this. If Benny Barratt doesn’t go in the National Draft, can we automatically list him as a Catagory B Rookie? Or does he also have to go unselected in the Rookie Draft before we can make him a cat B rookie?

My understanding is that maximum list sizes are 44 + 2 Catagory B rookies = 46. Moss is our only Cat B at the moment.

Can someone answer this. If Benny Barratt doesn’t go in the National Draft, can we automatically list him as a Catagory B Rookie?

My understanding is that maximum list sizes are 44 + 2 Catagory B rookies = 46. Moss is our only Cat B at the moment.
No idea, thats nerd stuff. Just kick it farken.

The List Management should be eyeing picks in a deep draft that supposedly goes down to 40.

Another influx of young talent will have us good for many years to come.

The majority of our talent is under 25.

A few draftees and Benny and Father Sons late.

If he was 25 years old this would be a completely different proposition.

You have combined the Houston likely trade request and the ANB.trade.request to make sense of both and to tie it all together in a nice little bow. The issue here is that there is a massive difference between a player requesting a trade to a specific club, and a player requesting a trade to go home.

The former implies a contract has been agreed upon between the player and new club, whilst the latter implies that no agreement with any club has been made.

Port have to date not shown any interest in ANB. And given how far down the road the club is with their planning for this off-season, I would be shocked if they pivoted to a soon to be 29 defensive forward on the back end of his career when their main objective this off season has been to acquire young talent who will be part of their nucleus in the next 3-5 seasons.
Is this not exactly how we ended up with Finlayson?

It'll depend on price. If the Houston trade falls through for whatever reason I doubt we go and trade an existing second rounder for him or anything, but if we're already trading Houston to Melbourne and ANB is willing to come here then I don't see it as unlikely that we'd just ask for him to be thrown in as steak knives rather than asking for an extra draft pick. As long as it doesn't dilute the top 10 pick we should already be getting, I have no problem with it.

Also, is Houston worth enough draft capital to get Lukosius? Until last week the answer would have been “no” but now, surely the answer is “yes”.

We have been into Lukosius for years- he was mates with Rozee. He was seen as a generational player, would have gone #1 in most drafts but has struck problems under Hardwick. Houston on the other hand, has gone from late rookie pick to (probably) 2 x All Australian jumpers in 2 years.

With Marshall struggling with concussion issues and Ratugolea coming on as a swingman, Lukosius would be very, very valuable either playing forward (where he is best suited as a lead up, mobile Tall Forward) as a swingman swinging in the opposite direction to Rat or even as a wingman- a position we have no standout player for.

With Perryman and Lukosius, a couple draft picks and R.Burgoyne, Montgomery and Barratt, we would be significantly stronger, even without Houston.

Also, is Houston worth enough draft capital to get Lukosius? Until last week the answer would have been “no” but now, surely the answer is “yes”.

We have been into Lukosius for years- he was mates with Rozee. He was seen as a generational player, would have gone #1 in most drafts but has struck problems under Hardwick. Houston on the other hand, has gone from late rookie pick to (probably) 2 x All Australian jumpers in 2 years.

With Marshall struggling with concussion issues and Ratugolea coming on as a swingman, Lukosius would be very, very valuable either playing forward (where he is best suited as a lead up, mobile Tall Forward) as a swingman swinging in the opposite direction to Rat or even as a wingman- a position we have no standout player for.

With Perryman and Lukosius, a couple draft picks and R.Burgoyne, Montgomery and Barratt, we would be significantly stronger, even without Houston.

By far yes. The talk is a future 2nd from Adelaide so we would be able to acquire Luko with ease.

My gut feeling is he wants Adelaide though who are prepared to pay his larger salary. Gold Coast are so poorly managed, watch them just trade him for pennies on the dollar as they can't manage their salary cap well.

Similar to Weller, Bowes, Elijah Hollands, Will Brodie, Peter Wright etc etc.

Some poster on the Camry board reckons that Philippou wants out of the Saints & the Crows are very keen to get a deal done.

This is just flat out wrong.

He has zero intention of leaving. We are no chance of getting Phillipou... Adelaide even less than that.

Is this not exactly how we ended up with Finlayson?

It'll depend on price. If the Houston trade falls through for whatever reason I doubt we go and trade an existing second rounder for him or anything, but if we're already trading Houston to Melbourne and ANB is willing to come here then I don't see it as unlikely that we'd just ask for him to be thrown in as steak knives rather than asking for an extra draft pick. As long as it doesn't dilute the top 10 pick we should already be getting, I have no problem with it.

Port had interest in Finlayson for a few years prior to him actually leaving GWS.

Your logic that if he was included as a throw in to the Houston trade then I can see Port potentially being interested. But I expect Melbourne to value him at a 2nd round pick, and hence, there's no sense from Port's perspective to go through with such a trade because it would significantly dilute the potential draft picks they can get.

Lukosius' manager Ben Williams has an inflated view of what Luko is worth contractually, compared to what the market is willing to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would we get back? A 4th? WC have Pick 59 at the moment.

Doubt he has much currency playing reserves all year though.

Anything for Clurey is simply goodwill or a few points for FS/NGA. Mainly clearing the salary

Two average players doesn't make us stronger than one elite player.

Last edited:
ANB is an odd one.

Doesn’t fit a need for port or the crows.

He is a good player who has had a great year.

Feels like a late second or third should do it.
Also seems like he would have to be prepared to play a lot of SANFL at either club. If he was happy to go anyone he gets a game as a first 23 player at probably 14-15 clubs.
What would we get back? A 4th? WC have Pick 59 at the moment.

Doubt he has much currency playing reserves all year though.
If we can use it to get points to trade on to the lions or suns for their first rounder - any picks will do.

Lukosius more interest from the crows and a return to SA not necessarily guaranteed as could possibly go to a Melbourne based club. At 1 million per year. Twomey reported this today on gettable

**** that. 1 million per season
Melbourne are desperate for a forward and kicking skills.

Can see them going hard for Luko.

He and Houston would change their whole team.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ANB on the surface seems a touch strange as it doesnt really fit the age profile, but hes a good player, proven, can kick goals, can play high half forward, can play midfield. He plays every game for us this year and is clearly best 22 with SPP back.

Could be a good pickup

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back