List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

According to Twomey on the show Gettable today - Ivan Soldo is being spoken about by several clubs

"rucks are the one position where contracts mean absolutely nothing"

This made sense weeks ago.

Unless they treat him badly, he'll remain loyal.

Loves Ross.
For context, this was the direct quote from across the road.

I don’t post much and wouldn’t normally post if I didn’t think there would be some truth to it, but I heard from a pretty good source today we are having a massive crack at Phillipou as he isn’t feeling Ross the Boss. I also realise this has been floated a bit but, yeah could actually be a chance apparently.

Trading in a Soldo was the right move. Trading out Soldo would also be the right move.

We now know Sweet holds up ok and Visentini has had an extra year of development.

If we could get a 2nd round, I’d be doing that trade then targeting a developing ruck with a late/rookie draft pick. IMHO, we should always aim to have at least 3 genuine rucks on our list at any given time;

• A standout AFL ruck
  • A competent understudy as cover
  • A young developing ruck

ANB on the surface seems a touch strange as it doesnt really fit the age profile, but hes a good player, proven, can kick goals, can play high half forward, can play midfield. He plays every game for us this year and is clearly best 22 with SPP back.

Could be a good pickup

Can kick goals? He’s running at Jed mcintee numbers.

Dbj , who most here consider very ordinary has over the past 2 seasons a combined 85 score contributions (goals plus goal assists) to Anbs 49.

Besides competing with Dbj, how do you rate his chances against Jackson , Lorenz , Anasta and Charleston ?

Jackson and Lorenz are arguably ready to play hff , much less next year. Competition for spots is good, but adding a fringe 29yr old to compete with a guy like Dbj when you’ve got 4/5 guys already who could be getting games in that spot doesn’t mean much. We would want to be getting games into sinn as well, thst will be hbf / wing but it’s still a spot in the 22 another player is competing for on a limited bench.

Neal bullens time would have been to come here 3 years ago, not now.

I think now he strengthens our 22-28 range of our list, but I would rather we give those games to the developing guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're in a weird spot with our rucks. It wouldn't be too hard to make the case that Soldo is our best ruck and yet some would be happy to see him offloaded after spending most of his first season at the club injured. I'd like to see us stick with the same trio next year and see what it looks like with another year of evidence.

We're in a weird spot with our rucks. It wouldn't be too hard to make the case that Soldo is our best ruck and yet some would be happy to see him offloaded after spending most of his first season at the club injured. I'd like to see us stick with the same trio next year and see what it looks like with another year of evidence.
Yeah I agree, Sweet is doing great atm but having Soldo also is a good option when one or the other is injured or out of form.
I remember when we invested all our eggs in Lobbe and we all know how that went.

100% agree. I also think it wouldn't be a bad idea to starve another club of a first-choice ruck that really needs one, especially if they're a contender.

Dbj , who most here consider very ordinary has over the past 2 seasons a combined 85 score contributions (goals plus goal assists) to Anbs 49.

Besides competing with Dbj, how do you rate his chances against Jackson , Lorenz , Anasta and Charleston ?

Jackson and Lorenz are arguably ready to play hff , much less next year. Competition for spots is good, but adding a fringe 29yr old to compete with a guy like Dbj when you’ve got 4/5 guys already who could be getting games in that spot doesn’t mean much. We would want to be getting games into sinn as well, thst will be hbf / wing but it’s still a spot in the 22 another player is competing for on a limited bench.

I think now he strengthens our 22-28 range of our list, but I would rather we give those games to the developing guys.

We're very into joe Richards from Collingwood apparently so he is 5 years younger and way cheaper picks and salary near Bullen

Think we are under rating ANB a tad.

He would be more HFF to wing who can role into the middle rather than small forward like DBJ.

He isn’t a world beater but is durable and consistent. He would have played every game this year for us. He is a good leader and team player. Premiership player. 1st 22 in a side that has been in the window for the last 3-4 years. Champion data rated him as the best general forward earlier this year. But he isn’t worth a heap by any stretch and would be in that 19-28 bracket for us as you’ve said.

SPP is coming back off a knee - who knows how he’ll go and when he’ll be ready.

Lorenz has played a handful of good games and shown some promise. For a late pick who knows how he goes. ANB ahead.

Charleson, Ana - barely shown anything to date. Jackson can’t stay on the park but may be good. ANB ahead.

He isn’t a desperate need but for a third rounder or steak knives in a Houston trade he would be fine.

Joe Richards would be a good pick up for port. I just dont see it happening. Collingwood don't have a lot of promising young players. They will very easily find a way to keep him.

Any news on lachie Jones?

They only offered him a contract this week, I don’t think he’s super high on their priorities.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back