List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s been a rumour around we’re keen on him for a while.

He makes some sense as a token pick / dfa option swapping out frank evans and trying Richard’s.

I'm sure I heard that Port were looking at Richards a couple of weeks back, probably around the time of the Soldo rumour. Glad it's not just me.

Gettable must be recycling their own rumours.

Hypothetical - what would be an acceptable return if the Club were to trade Soldo this off-season?

I personally wouldn't do it, I think 3 rucks on a list is essential, but if they decided to move him on, I'd consider it for a 2nd round pick that the Club could combine with another pick of their own to trade in a 1st round pick via a 3rd Club.

What did we pay for soldo?

Still think he's our number 1 ruckman

I think he's Port's best ruck as well right now.

The trade last year was Soldo and 50 for 41, 49, Freo's future 2nd and Port's future 4th.

Alex Neale-Bullen would be surplus at the Crows, so he should come to Port. Their stocks of small forwards who have an occasional run through the midfield are much better than ours. Some here are under valuing him, like many did with Willie Rioli. He's a good kick, has good speed and is a playmaker. He's got a few good years in him still at least and given he has personal reasons to leave Melbourne, a trade should be possible without paying too high a cost. Sorry to bash Frankie Evans and McEntee but he's much better than them at everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alex Neale-Bullen would be surplus at the Crows, so he should come to Port. Their stocks of small forwards who have an occasional run through the midfield are much better than ours. Some here are under valuing him, like many did with Willie Rioli. He's a good kick, has good speed and is a playmaker. He's got a few good years in him still at least and given he has personal reasons to leave Melbourne, a trade should be possible without paying too high a cost. Sorry to bash Frankie Evans and McEntee but he's much better than them at everything.
He is no Rioli. pick 87 and we want change.

Can any share the article about Connor and Luko
Adelaide has emerged as the early front-runner for wantaway Melbourne midfielder Alex Neal-Bullen after he requested a trade to return to South Australia.

But Port Adelaide captain Connor Rozee says he and Jack Lukosius, who met with Crows coach Matthew Nicks last week, “speak almost every single day” but “not specifically about” a potential move from the Gold Coast to SA.
What looms as an already busy trade and free agency period for the two SA clubs was added to on Wednesday morning with the Demons announcing that Neal-Bullen has requested a trade to SA for family reasons.
Adelaide Crows set to make bold play to bring South Australian Jack Lukosius home from Gold Coast
The 28-year-old has played 174 games for the Demons and said it was a tough decision.
“It’s something that I thought long and hard about, and had some really open and honest conversations with my wife, Georgie, about where our best future lies,” Neal-Bullen said. “The decision became clear that I need to put my family first, and move our family back to South Australia.

Lukosius could be another SA product who looks at a move home, after he was dropped by the Suns for last Saturday’s clash against Essendon and appears to be falling out of favour at Gold Coast.
It is understood Nicks met with the 24-year-old swingman last week as the Crows look to add to Jordan Dawson and Izak Rankine as SA products they have brought back to Adelaide.
Rozee and Lukosius are good friends and the Power captain joked he might have to jump in to ensure Alberton is the destination if the Woodville-West Torrens product looks to return to SA.
“We speak almost every day, not specifically about the situation but he is going OK,” he said.

“I might have to do some convincing, I’m sure he will love to come home he is a South Australian but there is a lot to play out and it is a very personal decision.”
Should Lukosius look to move to South Australia, the Power would put its name forward as a suitor but right now doesn’t have a first-round pick to use to get the Suns to part with the former No. 2 pick. The Crows have pick No. 4 and pick No. 26 - tied to Melbourne - at this stage in the draft.

The rest is about ANB.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1195697

No surprises considering Melbourne’s issues in recent time. Not sure how many Vic clubs will be willing to trade away their high end picks for a contracted player in Houston.

Potentially stays put at Port…at least for another year perhaps or best case scenario for life.

Last edited:
Hypothetical - what would be an acceptable return if the Club were to trade Soldo this off-season?

I personally wouldn't do it, I think 3 rucks on a list is essential, but if they decided to move him on, I'd consider it for a 2nd round pick that the Club could combine with another pick of their own to trade in a 1st round pick via a 3rd Club.
I’d go with that scenario if we’re confident we could package the pick with something else to push into the 1st round.

Combine the above with potentially 2 firsts for Houston, and that would leave us well placed in the lead up to the first draft involving Tasmania. Only thing is, if we trade out Soldo, we should probably draft Dodson.

Unsure, don’t reckon any club is going to be silly enough to give us what we paid.

We would probably get offers of pick 45-55 for him, at which stage he’s prob better off value to keep him.

Alex Neale-Bullen would be surplus at the Crows, so he should come to Port. and is a playmaker. He's got a few good years in him still at least and given he has personal reasons to leave Melbourne, a trade should be possible without paying too high a cost. Sorry to bash Frankie Evans and McEntee but he's much better than them at everything.

Playmaker ?

The dude averages 0.3 goal assists a game, which is incredibly low for a forward half player. That doesn’t scream playmaker.

There’s been a rumour around we’re keen on him for a while.

He makes some sense as a token pick / dfa option swapping out frank evans and trying Richard’s.

I’m pretty sure it’s been reported a couple times in recent months.

Unsure, don’t reckon any club is going to be silly enough to give us what we paid.

We would probably get offers of pick 45-55 for him, at which stage he’s prob better off value to keep him.

Playmaker ?

The dude averages 0.3 goal assists a game, which is incredibly low for a forward half player. That doesn’t scream playmaker.

Only 9 goals for the year too.

Dude is basically a better McEntee, and for our squad at the very least, do we really need a zero offense but defensive forward?

Only 9 goals for the year too.

Dude is basically a better McEntee, and for our squad at the very least, do we really need a zero offense but defensive forward?
Averages 19 touches though. More a Jackson Mead role than a McEntee.

Averages 19 touches though. More a Jackson Mead role than a McEntee.

And averages less inside 50s (0.2) and less score contributions than mead (0.9 v 0.7)

Anyway we paint it he’s not exactly outshining the blokes on our list who barely have a stake in our 22, much less the starting forward coming back next season and the promising players like Lorenz and Jackson who we absolutely should be pumping a handful of games into next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back