List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

If Port could get Sid Draper they'd be laughing. With him growing and getting established, working with the likes of the Hornet will be a good combination. Highly doubtful though. Crows might be playing for him as they need mids.

Not sure if he's lining up for South this week but if he plays out the sanfl season he can still go 1.

How about a Dylan Shiel & Chocko package deal once Hinkley has cleared out his desk.

Not sure if he's lining up for South this week but if he plays out the sanfl season he can still go 1.
Truthfully, if Tigers play their cards right, they could trade Bolton, Baker, Rioli etc for high draft capital potentially several 1st round picks and fill their squad up PLUS if smart enough on top, offer contracts to Perryman & Cumming as well seeing as they've played with Hopper & Taranto. Yes, new inexperienced 1st draft picks but if they were able to get Jagga Smith or Smillie and Sid whilst still having Hops, Taranto plus Perryman and Cumming.. they'll bounce back strong providing Yze gets them up.

Food for thought with Houston. Now, firstly, I don't want Houston to leave but if he wants to head to Victoria and they work something out then my thoughts on potential clubs would be either Carlton for their 1st round pick and Ashton Moir. Possibly another pick or most likely future pick(s) next year included. However, Carlton are also seeking capital draft for father son picks etc which they may get via trading themselves. Dan Houston would actually fit Carlton and what they require more than anything. The other option is Saints. Which won't really be 1st round puck but potentially either Philipou (not as likely) or most likely Nasaih Wanganeen-Milera swap with picks exchanged. The Saints one possibly less likely though. I believe a potential trade with Saints would be next season with Bergman if he does decide and then it "might" be Nasaih.

No other Vic club fits. I highly doubt Dan would consider North.

Melbourne, well, this could of potentially been a good moment to attempt bringing Kozzy to Port plus picks. I'm surprised Kozzy hasn't tried because with the Indigenous culture and programs with Port especially up NT, it would be more fitting for him and his partner who came from NT. Plus it's Port.

Keep an eye on the Carlton one though and Ashton Moir this weekend he debuts.

I would really like Port to get two first round picks for Houston, we need to get back into the first round, there's a lot of talent there. Getting Wanganeen-Milera involved scuttles that plan. Also if we are going hard for Perryman and Cumming, another hbf - even one as classy as NWM - is overkill, especially with 2 of our incoming father-sons playing the position.

If Bergman looks to go next year, then it could be an opportunity to revisit NWM.

I would really like Port to get two first round picks for Houston, we need to get back into the first round, there's a lot of talent there. Getting Wanganeen-Milera involved scuttles that plan. Also if we are going hard for Perryman and Cumming, another hbf - even one as classy as NWM - is overkill, especially with 2 of our incoming father-sons playing the position.

If Bergman looks to go next year, then it could be an opportunity to revisit NWM.
I agree in Port getting draft capital because realistically they need to fill another mid for when Wines hangs up the boots and hence why I'd love if they somehow managed to pull of getting Sid Draper. Very VERY unlikely though. They won't need a whole lot of draft points for father sons I don't believe. Only in case hawks bid on Ky Burgoyne which they might. Bergs may be the NWM trade next season. May... but honestly I'd love to see Bergs go midfield rotation but port don't have the backline to compensate unfortunately. Hopefully next season because I reckon he'd have the goods in the mid.

I assume by “low draft picks” you actually mean “high draft picks” - as in two top 10 picks.

I’d consider one top 5 pick and another in the 5-10 range. Anything less than that is a hard no
Yes, not sure why I said ‘Low’.

Anyway, I threw it out there for a number of reasons.

• Tassie will soon be coming in & will get 1st access to the best talent
  • The murmurs that Zak might want to head back to Vic after his current contract expires
  • This years draft reportedly runs quite deep
  • Jason Cripps has proven to be a bloody good list manager & I would back him in to make the right calls most of the time. Though the Josh Sinn decision could go either way still.

Like I said it’s all hypothetical, but if a club came knocking with an amazing offer I certainly wouldn’t shut the door in their face.

I agree in Port getting draft capital because realistically they need to fill another mid for when Wines hangs up the boots and hence why I'd love if they somehow managed to pull of getting Sid Draper. Very VERY unlikely though. They won't need a whole lot of draft points for father sons I don't believe. Only in case hawks bid on Ky Burgoyne which they might. Bergs may be the NWM trade next season. May... but honestly I'd love to see Bergs go midfield rotation but port don't have the backline to compensate unfortunately. Hopefully next season because I reckon he'd have the goods in the mid.
As it stands, my suspicion is there'll be a 3rd round bid on Barrett. Either 4th round or rookie picks for Francou, Montgomery and Rome Burgoyne.

I dont even think Ky gets drafted and if he does I dont think it'll be to Port. After he played for Magpies, he's been training with Hawks and I dont think we rate him.

You guys love your magic beans way too much and rate opposition players better than what we have for no justifiable reason. Remind me not to let you take the cow to the market.

What makes people think Butters wants out after his current contract?
Personally, I don't think Butters wants out. I think his management plus himself were just business smart in extending his contract to restricted free agency so he can extend further on more coin because of the offers in Victoria he'd be getting thrown his way. Plus, the salary caps going up over that time as well. My gut feeling is, he'll stay at Port and extend on higher coin. This whole "girlfriend" in Victoria nonsense... if he has or potentially finds a woman in Victoria asking him to return back, mu honest advise to him is remove her from his life or never start to begin with. No woman should ever request that and if they do, they aren't for you. Period. Hopefully he's smart enough to know that AND has good friends in his corner to suggest so. A real woman who cares and wants to be with him would be the one moving to be with him, there and supporting him. Bit off topic but that's my input.

Confident Butters stays at Port as a one club player.

What makes people think Butters wants out after his current contract?

He's left his options open by signing to free agency. I'm sure the club would've offered him the same monster deal they offered Rozee but he obviously didn't want it. That doesn't mean he is guaranteed to leave but he's deliberately left the door open which is going to lead to conjecture.

Lot of people in this thread and the Houston thread who have obviously never found someone they actually love. I'd move to Syria to be with my wife over any job you could possibly throw at me.

Lot of people in this thread and the Houston thread who have obviously never found someone they actually love. I'd move to Syria to be with my wife over any job you could possibly throw at me.
Or just changing workplace for greater renumeration, let alone returning to your home city when you are probably approaching parenthood. It's all a little bizarre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's left his options open by signing to free agency. I'm sure the club would've offered him the same monster deal they offered Rozee but he obviously didn't want it. That doesn't mean he is guaranteed to leave but he's deliberately left the door open which is going to lead to conjecture.
In recent times which club has successfully retained 3 midfielders of that calibre for the entirety/majority of their careers? (Jhf , rozee and butters)

West coast? Maybe

Probability he leaves is very high.

That's your choice to do so realistically.

However, whether you accept these words or not is again, your choice.

A man leads, not follows. If it's to start a family, then again, the man leads the house.

What you're implying is that you follow, not lead.

Suggesting your opinion on moving to another location to be with a woman is somehow relevant to "love" is your opinion but has nothing to do with "love"

Not arguing. It's your opinion.

Real women who love & support their man would know what I'm stating. Only those who are, more or less, self absorbed, entitled, or, chasing the coin (gold digger) etc would request the man moves on their behalf for them. Guaranteed majority of those situations don't end up lasting in this so called "love" fantasy you're referring to.

Just my 2 cents 👍

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

That's your choice to do so realistically.

However, whether you accept these words or not is again, your choice.

A man leads, not follows. If it's to start a family, then again, the man leads the house.

What you're implying is that you follow, not lead.

Suggesting your opinion on moving to another location to be with a woman is somehow relevant to "love" is your opinion but has nothing to do with "love"

Not arguing. It's your opinion.

Real women who love & support their man would know what I'm stating. Only those who are, more or less, self absorbed, entitled, or, chasing the coin (gold digger) etc would request the man moves on their behalf for them. Guaranteed majority of those situations don't end up lasting in this so called "love" fantasy you're referring to.

Just my 2 cents 👍
You could have saved yourselves a bunch of keystrokes by just saying 'I don't respect women as people'.

Shouldn't that work in reverse as well?
Adelaide is a lot nicer than Syria.

Watching the Giants, and to some extent Freo, Geelong and the Lions, the position we’re crying out to fill is the Brent Daniels role. Our small /high half forwards lack the gut running, speed, skill and goal sense. Until we get a couple of those players on our list, I don’t think we will be as dangerous as those sides against the best opposition.

I tend to agree, I have moved to Jakarta with my wife and son. Always been a dream to live in Indonesia and wifes family is in Jakarta so we made the move at the start of the year.

My only thoughts against it though is who is making the money? I'm not sure what Houstons gf does, but he would be on at least 600k a year... if he is the main breadwinner, then she should suck it up for the next 5yrs of his career, move here until he has finished his career. If she has a job/business that pays similar or more than Houston, then sure I can understand, but if she is earning $17 an hour at the checkouts at Woolies then gagf.

She moves to Adelaide and she's got no friends, no family, she's just got Dan.

Dan moves to Melbourne and they've both got friends and family there, Dan joins another football club and instantly has another ~40 footy mates to replace the ones he's currently got in Adelaide.

The practicalities are obvious. The only thing that complicates matters is if the player has a strong sense of loyalty to his club and teammates - which it appears Dan doesn't.

If someone was a gold digger wouldn’t they be willing to live anywhere for the money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps, it probably depends on several scenarios.

They'll also want what they want primarily. So, to be where they want. In this scenario, Victoria. Especially because they'd more likely be mid 20s roughly and let's be real, look at society and women in their 20s now days. Entitlement. Not all, but a fair chunk now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back