List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

She moves to Adelaide and she's got no friends, no family, she's just got Dan.

Dan moves to Melbourne and they've both got friends and family there, Dan joins another football club and instantly has another ~40 footy mates to replace the ones he's currently got in Adelaide.

The practicalities are obvious. The only thing that complicates matters is if the player has a strong sense of loyalty to his club and teammates - which it appears Dan doesn't.

And that's a fair enough assessment.

Boils down to Dan really.

Loyalty doesn't seem to be ingrained in society as much now days. Specifically footy.

Is it the 1950's? there are balanced decisions made by couples, there are tons of women who earn more than their men, there are couples that don't dominate each other but have healthy respect.. leaders & followers lol jeezus.

I find it strange that you’ve chosen to measure humans by weight (tonnage)in this example

She moves to Adelaide and she's got no friends, no family, she's just got Dan.

Dan moves to Melbourne and they've both got friends and family there, Dan joins another football club and instantly has another ~40 footy mates to replace the ones he's currently got in Adelaide.

The practicalities are obvious. The only thing that complicates matters is if the player has a strong sense of loyalty to his club and teammates - which it appears Dan doesn't.

lol what are these people, lepers?

Surely there's a social network that Dan is part of that she becomes part of when/if moving here.
This idea that only Melbourne can provide a suitable social life is ridiculous.

The number of young people who move the other way without batting an eyelid is so prominent that we have govt policy to try and curb it.

Watching the Giants, and to some extent Freo, Geelong and the Lions, the position we’re crying out to fill is the Brent Daniels role. Our small /high half forwards lack the gut running, speed, skill and goal sense. Until we get a couple of those players on our list, I don’t think we will be as dangerous as those sides against the best opposition.
SPP was that position for us.

Shouldn't that work in reverse as well?
Adelaide is a lot nicer than Syria.
Yes, and it would. I didn't think I'd be forced to clarify this, but my wife has not actually moved to Syria.

Adelaide is nicer than Syria. Not convinced it's nicer than Melbourne when you're from Melbourne and your family and partner all live in Melbourne and there's a different employer willing to add an extra 0 to your contract in Melbourne and you're getting to the age where you might be thinking about having kids and it'd be really handy to have the grandparents around. Good on Dan whatever he decides, he's given us ten years of excellent service, he doesn't owe us a thing. I hope he's happy.

I tend to agree, I have moved to Jakarta with my wife and son. Always been a dream to live in Indonesia and wifes family is in Jakarta so we made the move at the start of the year.

My only thoughts against it though is who is making the money? I'm not sure what Houstons gf does, but he would be on at least 600k a year... if he is the main breadwinner, then she should suck it up for the next 5yrs of his career, move here until he has finished his career. If she has a job/business that pays similar or more than Houston, then sure I can understand, but if she is earning $17 an hour at the checkouts at Woolies then gagf.
Except Houston will be making more money if he moves to Victoria, not less.

Perhaps, it probably depends on several scenarios.

They'll also want what they want primarily. So, to be where they want. In this scenario, Victoria. Especially because they'd more likely be mid 20s roughly and let's be real, look at society and women in their 20s now days. Entitlement. Not all, but a fair chunk now.
'Entitlement' lol. Damn kids these days prioritising their own wellbeing over their employer!

Yep maybe, and he is also making a lot more money at Port since we gave him a shot with pick 45 in the Rookie draft than he would be making playing VFL or country footy.
And he's repaid us for giving him that opportunity with ten years of excellent service at great value.

As his circumstances have obviously now changed, is he now required to sacrifice his and his partner's happiness for the next five years out of loyalty? Would you do the same for your employer?

And he's repaid us for giving him that opportunity with ten years of excellent service. As his circumstances of obviously now changed, is he required to sacrifice his and his partner's happiness for the next five years out of loyalty?

Would you do the same for your employer?

When there are 10 teams in Victoria and he initially stated he would only go to Melbourne... I dont think that argument holds sway. If it was really about his happiness and wanting to respect his current employer he would have said he wants to go to Victoria, and will leave it up to the club to work out the best deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When there are 10 teams in Victoria and he initially stated he would only go to Melbourne... I dont think that argument holds sway. If it was really about his happiness and wanting to respect his current employer he would have said he wants to go to Victoria, and will leave it up to the club to work out the best deal.
Except no one ever does this. It gets to the point of speaking to a number of clubs and working out which one suits in terms of contract and career aspirations. Then they state which club they would like to go to.

Watching the Giants, and to some extent Freo, Geelong and the Lions, the position we’re crying out to fill is the Brent Daniels role. Our small /high half forwards lack the gut running, speed, skill and goal sense. Until we get a couple of those players on our list, I don’t think we will be as dangerous as those sides against the best opposition.
Genuinely reckon he’s the best small forward in the comp this season though. That spot is bloody hard to fill. Will be the first picked half forward in the AA team if they’re serious about positions.

That's your choice to do so realistically.

However, whether you accept these words or not is again, your choice.

A man leads, not follows. If it's to start a family, then again, the man leads the house.

What you're implying is that you follow, not lead.

Suggesting your opinion on moving to another location to be with a woman is somehow relevant to "love" is your opinion but has nothing to do with "love"

Not arguing. It's your opinion.

Real women who love & support their man would know what I'm stating. Only those who are, more or less, self absorbed, entitled, or, chasing the coin (gold digger) etc would request the man moves on their behalf for them. Guaranteed majority of those situations don't end up lasting in this so called "love" fantasy you're referring to.

Just my 2 cents 👍
Wow you do realise this ain’t the 1950’s anymore. Just remember if men were the ones to carry and birth babies the world population would have died out centuries ago.
My husband knows who the leads our family and it ain’t him 😂😂

Will you be booing Jason Horne-Francis next year for asking for a trade to Port Adelaide while under contract to another club?

Melbourne has 18 goals and Pickett doesn't have one. Well I never ...
Last week Melbourne had 7 and he had 4. It's almost like you can't take one game from a small forward and extrapolate it to reflect anything about their ability over a full season or a career.

Yes, and it would. I didn't think I'd be forced to clarify this, but my wife has not actually moved to Syria.

Adelaide is nicer than Syria. Not convinced it's nicer than Melbourne when you're from Melbourne and your family and partner all live in Melbourne and there's a different employer willing to add an extra 0 to your contract in Melbourne and you're getting to the age where you might be thinking about having kids and it'd be really handy to have the grandparents around. Good on Dan whatever he decides, he's given us ten years of excellent service, he doesn't owe us a thing. I hope he's happy.

You said you’d move to Syria to be with your wife, the implication being that if you love someone that much you’d go where you needed to go to be with them. I agree with that sentiment.

My point was, why does this only apply to Dan?
Why doesn’t it apply to Dans partner?
She only has to move to Adelaide, not a hypothetical Syria equivalent.

Maybe she doesn’t love him enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back