List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a post in a rumour thread on the crows board a few months ago that we were into Shai Bolton (along with Perryman and Stengel). Could some trade be worked out to get Houston to Richmond and we get Bolton? It wonā€™t get us back into this years draft which appears to be the clubs MO. It would also mean that Bolton wouldnā€™t get back to WA but we do have a couple of his best mates here in SPP and Narkle. If we could replace Houston with another back flanker in Perryman (a bit of a downgrade but still an afl quality player) and a mid/forward in Bolton could that be better than multiple draft picks?

There was a post in a rumour thread on the crows board a few months ago that we were into Shai Bolton (along with Perryman and Stengel). Could some trade be worked out to get Houston to Richmond and we get Bolton? It wonā€™t get us back into this years draft which appears to be the clubs MO. It would also mean that Bolton wouldnā€™t get back to WA but we do have a couple of his best mates here in SPP and Narkle. If we could replace Houston with another back flanker in Perryman (a bit of a downgrade but still an afl quality player) and a mid/forward in Bolton could that be better than multiple draft picks?
Bolton would be the perfect pick up for us.

So far Melbourne are the only club that has agreed tp our request of one low pick plus extras, or two first rounders in the mid-teens. Where the Saints said no, and promptly leaked the story that Dan was on the trade market.

I reckon Richmond will be interested after they have harvested all their proposed trades for incoming round one picks.

My take on list changes.
Significant uncertainty in terms of trade obviously.

I'd expect us to pick up a ruckman in the draft if Soldo leaves. Expect one of Williams or Burton to go.

I think Scully is in danger and wouldn't surprise me if he is chopped. Line ball decision for me.

In:
Perryman
Luko
Richards
2024 R1 pick (best available midfielder/ Dodson)
2024 R2 pick (best available ruck/ midfielder)
Montgomery
Barrett
SPP (from the LTI)

Retire:
McKenzie

Trade:
Houston
Burton or Williams
Soldo

Delist:
K Marshall
McCallum
Finlayson
Charleson

My take on list changes.
Significant uncertainty in terms of trade obviously.

I'd expect us to pick up a ruckman in the draft if Soldo leaves. Expect one of Williams or Burton to go.

I think Scully is in danger and wouldn't surprise me if he is chopped. Line ball decision for me.

In:
Perryman
Luko
Richards
2024 R1 pick (best available midfielder/ Dodson)
2024 R2 pick (best available ruck/ midfielder)
Montgomery
Barrett
SPP (from the LTI)

Retire:
McKenzie

Trade:
Houston
Burton or Williams
Soldo

Delist:
K Marshall
McCallum
Finlayson
Charleson
Why trade Houston on the basis of media opinions ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got a real feeling Luko will end up here, just not sure how the mechanics of it all will play out between multiple clubs. Would be extremely disappointed if it ended up Luko for Houston plus some late pick swaps with other clubs.

Has Narkle earned himself a contract for next year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So far Melbourne are the only club that has agreed tp our request of one low pick plus extras, or two first rounders in the mid-teens. Where the Saints said no, and promptly leaked the story that Dan was on the trade market.

I reckon Richmond will be interested after they have harvested all their proposed trades for incoming round one picks.
Richmond absolutely will not be interested. Why on earth would they trade for a 28 yr old when they are about to go into a mini rebuild. They are going to get a mountain of picks for the departing players to go with pick 1. They will be using all of them before Tassie come in. They know they wonā€™t be contesting while Houston is in his prime.

If we keep Houston and then bring in some or all of the following:

• Perryman (FA cost nothing)
  • Cumming (FA cost nothing)
  • Richards (3rd rounder this year or next)
  • Luko (Future first)
  • Pickett (not sure how we would get this done)

All very doable except Pickett. That improves our squad out of sight.

If we keep Houston and then bring in some or all of the following:

• Perryman (FA cost nothing)
  • Cumming (FA cost nothing)
  • Richards (3rd rounder this year or next)
  • Luko (Future first)
  • Pickett (not sure how we would get this done)

All very doable except Pickett. That improves our squad out of sight.
I donā€™t think weā€™ll be allowed to trade our future first (probably a good thing) unless we get get some in.

Has Pickett requested a trade to Ports yet ? If not, then whatā€™s he waiting for ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has Pickett requested a trade to Ports yet ? If not, then whatā€™s he waiting for ?

Possibly his partner is settled in Melbourne and would be getting "spoilt" and looked after by those in Melbourne to keep Kozzy there. Which surprises me either way because both are from NT. Kozzy has roots in SA and was apart of the port Academy? Plus his uncle Byron too. All of that and add all the indigenous programs etc that Port do and up in NT that would benefit both Kozzy and his partner. You'd think she would jump at that too. Because my honest opinion is that Melbourne only do mediocre virtue signalling stuff for Kozzy to keep him satisfied enough. I don't buy their fake shit tbh. Port clearly is genuine.

Possibly his partner is settled in Melbourne and would be getting "spoilt" and looked after by those in Melbourne to keep Kozzy there. Which surprises me either way because both are from NT. Kozzy has roots in SA and was apart of the port Academy? Plus his uncle Byron too. All of that and add all the indigenous programs etc that Port do and up in NT that would benefit both Kozzy and his partner. You'd think she would jump at that too. Because my honest opinion is that Melbourne only do mediocre virtue signalling stuff for Kozzy to keep him satisfied enough. I don't buy their fake shit tbh. Port clearly is genuine.

I think sheā€™d be way more happier here, not least cause of their poo weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back