List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon port would be interested in Kaine Baldwin since he got delisted today, still young and we are gonna need key def depth with Mckenzie and Clurey going. Injuries be the worry for him but would be a minimum contract
Apparently he’s been told by another club they’ll pick him up. No idea who, but I’d be fine having a crack as a free DFA

I would have picked up Baldwin 100% in his draft year. I wonder if the Crom are picking him up. Can we turn Tex Wanganeen into a superstar? Obviously Hinkley would have to go before we would consider picking him up. He's a bit too old Port for Hinkey.

I reckon port would be interested in Kaine Baldwin since he got delisted today, still young and we are gonna need key def depth with Mckenzie and Clurey going. Injuries be the worry for him but would be a minimum contract

Please... why would Port do that?

Baldwin is in no way, shape or form a KPD. Never was, never will be.

He is a traditional lead up FF. He is big enough and has courage. A good pair of hands on the lead, and generally a solid shot for goal.

But any time he has been tried as a defender he has been average at best.

Pre- knee recos (yes multiple) I would have been all for Baldwin ... as a big forward. Not as KPD depth.

Of the 3 delistings Essendon have done, the only one I wouldn't be unhappy with is Nick Hind but even him, he only has speed, agility and ball carrying ability but also is prone to butchering the ball and turning it over. I have no idea why Baldwin and Wanganeen are mentioned here. I would never pick up Essendon rejects tbh. Thats when you know your list is in trouble.

Picking up Tex Wanganeen would actually be anti-Port. It would be something that boys club era Crows would do.

We don't pick players for sentimental reasons. We pick players to win.
Hasn't played an AFL game for 2 years which means we could put him on our SANFL list.

Of the 3 delistings Essendon have done, the only one I wouldn't be unhappy with is Nick Hind but even him, he only has speed, agility and ball carrying ability but also is prone to butchering the ball and turning it over. I have no idea why Baldwin and Wanganeen are mentioned here. I would never pick up Essendon rejects tbh. Thats when you know your list is in trouble.
Dambrosio says hi

He's 31 next year. What's the point? He'll just cost Lorenz development opportunities.

I don't know why people are so keen to pick over other team's delisted trash. Wanganeen hasn't got it and we weren't interested when we had a chance, Baldwin is always injured, Hind is over 30 and not good enough for Essendon.

Hard pass on all 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's 31 next year. What's the point? He'll just cost Lorenz development opportunities.

I don't know why people are so keen to pick over other team's delisted trash. Wanganeen hasn't got it and we weren't interested when we had a chance, Baldwin is always injured, Hind is over 30 and not good enough for Essendon.

Hard pass on all 3.
Fully agree with Tex and Hind.

But Baldwin has only just turned 22 and has clear talent. Certainly not unusual for talls to take a while to get their bodies in order

Please... why would Port do that?

Baldwin is in no way, shape or form a KPD. Never was, never will be.

He is a traditional lead up FF. He is big enough and has courage. A good pair of hands on the lead, and generally a solid shot for goal.

But any time he has been tried as a defender he has been average at best.

Pre- knee recos (yes multiple) I would have been all for Baldwin ... as a big forward. Not as KPD depth.
You could've saved yourself some time by just posting 'I didn't watch Baldwin play last year' instead of this.

Huh? Port literally got Zerk-Thatcher from Essendon and he's legit been one of the better key defenders this entire season even with some down moments 🤦 Tex has potential too.

Sam Edmund reporting Soldo has become 'disenchanted'. With Sweet establishing himself as a reliable ruckman and Dante needing games next year, this is one where we ought to admit we got it wrong, trade for a packet of chips (cant imagine anyone giving up a 2nd rounder) and get his salary off the books.
Should be this offseason's Grundy.

Such a shame we can't package up him and Rat to get that first rounder back. I know I bang on about this a lot but my god it was such a bad trade at the time and hindsight has made it even worse.

Sam Edmund reporting Soldo has become 'disenchanted'. With Sweet establishing himself as a reliable ruckman and Dante needing games next year, this is one where we ought to admit we got it wrong, trade for a packet of chips (cant imagine anyone giving up a 2nd rounder) and get his salary off the books.

I think when we started speculating about this a month or so ago, there was a suggestion that trading for him was the right move, but that looking to trade him out again was also the right move.

Unfortunately this is just the ruck merry go round of modern day AFL where you have 18 positions each week for well over 18 competent AFL ruckmen. The result is lots of moving and jostling for those second tier guys trying to find a place where they can become the number one guy.

From a club perspective, I'd rather keep Soldo and have as many competent ruckmen as possible on our list. But I do understand that for him it may not be a great career move.

Whatever Sam Edmund would know. I saw Sam McClure on Footy Classified last night talking about a Petracca for McKay swap and I've never heard so many "I believe", "This is what I think", "It's not confirmed but it's possible".

He might just as well have come out and said I made all this shit up.

And then the panel congratulates him on great reporting.

This is the world we live in.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back