List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

What we get for Soldo may be enough for Gold Coast trade re Luco
Would have to give something else ie. late pick(s) for them to be able to match bids for Academy, etc signings.

As someone posted in a reply to my suggestion of Soldo to GC - if Witts is still going around next year, why would they trade in Soldo?

Would have to give something else ie. late pick(s) for them to be able to match bids for Academy, etc signings.

As someone posted in a reply to my suggestion of Soldo to GC - if Witts is still going around next year, why would they trade in Soldo?

didnt Gold coast just re-sign their backup ruckman recently after a few clubs started mosing around

There's no logic for Soldo to go to Gold Coast, he'd be in the same position he is in here.

Jarrod Witts isn't about to retire and Ned Moyle signed a long term deal earlier this year.

To get Soldo, we gave away what would be the equivalent of pick 14 in the draft. I do not think we will get a first round draft pick for him, then we either get a couple of decent second round picks, or he stays.
Does anybody have a take on Harry Boyd?
Honestly never seen him play, but racks up phenomenal numbers in the State League, is touted as athletic, combative, strong, with a good leap, and can also be an extra mid for you.
Not sure of his age or if he's a tad short though?

We have been linked in the past to Grnager Denver-Barras, whatever happened to him? I assume he's still on Hawthorn's list, but with Battle and actual Barrass going to Hawthorn, I assume his time there is done?

Not suggesting we get him, just sort of curious what became of him.

We have been linked in the past to Grnager Denver-Barras, whatever happened to him? I assume he's still on Hawthorn's list, but with Battle and actual Barrass going to Hawthorn, I assume his time there is done?

Not suggesting we get him, just sort of curious what became of him.
He got injured pre-season and missed 1st half of the season. I reckon he will go to West coast in the Barrass trade being a WA boy

Can we stop comparing Houston to Rioli trades. You don't receive an absolute value for a player, you receive what a club is willing to pay. GC paid pick 2 for Lachie Weller and gave pick 7 to Geelong just to offload a reasonably good player in Bowes. They've absolutely lost the plot at the trade table.

Port have to restructure his contract. His management is doing the right thing and Port are the beneficiaries of Houston's increase in worth. If a club gives ridiculous offer both Port and Houston would be forced to consider it.

Soldo traded pick swap to GC not Sold himself

Can we stop comparing Houston to Rioli trades. You don't receive an absolute value for a player, you receive what a club is willing to pay. GC paid pick 2 for Lachie Weller and gave pick 7 to Geelong just to offload a reasonably good player in Bowes. They've absolutely lost the plot at the trade table.
But then contrast this with expecting a club to pay a first rounder for Lukosius and take on a contract with two loaded years pending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of "potential" trades being brought up for us.
Wouldn't be surprised if hardly any happened though.
Perryman may go to Hawks.
Luko may stay at GC.
Cumming may go to Camries.
Picket to Freo.
It may come down to whether we fail again in finals, or go all the way? The latter probably makes us more of a "destination" club for higher level talent, as it proves we are in the mix for success.

Also, how the **** do they have tigers as getting pick 22 for Graham? What moron made this thing up?
At least some of the big footy chatter is that West Coast would overpay Graham's contract to generate a better compo, but the Tigers would accept a lesser trade deal for Liam Baker.

Its also on the thinking that West Coast need to splurge on pay to make the salary cap floor.

Honestly never seen him play, but racks up phenomenal numbers in the State League, is touted as athletic, combative, strong, with a good leap, and can also be an extra mid for you.
Keep your hands off. LOL

Seriously though. At SANFL hes stronger than most of the other ruckman. Wont be the case at AFL so his height might be a problem. Hes 26.

Last edited:

He's 115 kilos plus and about 198cm

Could have been a useful KPD at AFL level at one stage but not mobile enough. He's Matt Primus in the sanfl as a Ruck though he gets in front and he's hard to move.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back