List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon retires, Scully is delisted, Marshall's career up in the air, Esava and Finlayson just aren’t good enough and Lord has regressed. Georgiades, thankfully, has really come on this year, but what are we doing at this position?

I don’t think Lukosius is the sole answer. Surely, if Houston still wants out, the club looks at drafting Whitlock/Armstrong early and not at another flanker.
It does feel that we've got a big crisis in the key forwards spot.

He moved cause he was 3rd in line at Richmond and only had 1 year left on his deal.

If he didn’t play much in the last year of his deal his next offer would have been pretty low, so would have been a huge risk to stay.

I’ve never said he’s on peanuts , but there’s no reason to suggest he’s on the sort of coin that we need to get him off the cap.

And as I’ve said, if he leaves, we need to replace him so how does the logic work that in order to recruit a 3rd in line ruck here we had to pay him a mint, but to recruit a ruck to replace him we can get someone so significantly cheaper as to provide cap relief ?

That doesn’t add up.
We recruited him to be first ruck. 650k sounds around the mark in my view.

Look, you clearly just want to blame Ken 100% when it's not him that's 100% to blame ffs... you'd know that if you had an IQ higher than a potato 🤦

Kenny is at fault, yes, BUT it's the other coaches who COACH and DRILL their players in their positions. Not hard to fathom.

Who cares if Chad coached well in the SANFL. This is the AFL ffs... bigger difference.
Ridiculous.

Rozee Butters Bergman. We need to replenish our list quick smart before these guys hit 30. Problem is this year we have late picks and our reserves list is looking bad.

We need immediate change to the senior coach, reserves coach, game plan, recruitment philosophy, operations manager, fitness regime.

If they can just get Perryman, Cummin, Benny Barrett, Richards even.. heck, even Lukosus... and the father son prospects plus change they'll be fine for next couple years to work the draft or if there's any restricted free agents to get. It's not as bad as you think. Only big issue in my eyes is a legitimate tall key forward that's dominant and can actually lead and mark for starters. Whether they cam somehow pull that off over the pre season with Esava, who knows.. ? I'm confident if Port get a Good forwards goal kicking and forward craft coach he'll surprise people. But that's the biggest issue for me, a true KPF.

If they can just get Perryman, Cummin, Benny Barrett, Richards even.. heck, even Lukosus... and the father son prospects plus change they'll be fine for next couple years to work the draft or if there's any restricted free agents to get. It's not as bad as you think. Only big issue in my eyes is a legitimate tall key forward that's dominant and can actually lead and mark for starters. Whether they cam somehow pull that off over the pre season with Esava, who knows.. ? I'm confident if Port get a Good forwards goal kicking and forward craft coach he'll surprise people. But that's the biggest issue for me, a true KPF.

We need more than just one of them with hardly any trade power unless Houston is still going.

Anyone know if Lewis Young is a free agent? First time paying attention to him tonight, but thought he played well. Only played 8 games this year, so might not be super expensive, just not sure if we go after another KPD.

Anyone know if Lewis Young is a free agent? First time paying attention to him tonight, but thought he played well. Only played 8 games this year, so might not be super expensive, just not sure if we go after another KPD.
We've had opportunities to get him before and have not. So after getting BZT and Rat can't see them chasing him now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've had opportunities to get him before and have not. So after getting BZT and Rat can't see them chasing him now.

Stats are pretty similar between Young & BZT. Young more spoils probably due to height too but Zerk has better 1 on 1 and intercepts etc. My only drama with Zerk is he gets too laid back and chilled out there which makes him appear lethargic. Either he needs a full on pre season to build his tank or that's just him. That, and his footy smarts with kicking. Too slow some times. But they are pretty much like 4 like players.

Perhaps, food for thought, if Houston plans on going and it's Carlton, they can throw Lewis Young in there with pick 11. Maybe even Ashton Moir as staples.

If Port get Richards and even Benny Barrett in draft then that should fix that hole. Barrett looks like he'll be a fire starter up forward pocket.. that, or he'll be one heck of a small defender.
Richards is not going to be the solution. He’s an upgrade on McEntee and Evans but no more. Barrett maybe adds something we don’t have.

Richards is not going to be the solution. He’s an upgrade on McEntee and Evans but no more. Barrett maybe adds something we don’t have.

You said it yourself. He's an upgrade to what port currently have. That's better than what port have and a solution. Barrett definitely looks like he has potential to play either a small deadly forward or a good small defender on the opposition smalls. With what port have draft pick wise and the lack of free agents to go after... we can only hope on "upgrades" atm

If Port get Richards and even Benny Barrett in draft then that should fix that hole. Barrett looks like he'll be a fire starter up forward pocket.. that, or he'll be one heck of a small defender.
He won't be a defender but if you take a look at his tackling numbers, you'll see why he'll become a fan favourite soon. Chases and tackles like crazy and when you think about next year's you'll have SPP in that hybrid role with Rioli, DBJ and Barrett.

Port need KPF depth and I would be thrilled if we can get a pick around 35-50 and another around 60. Charlie West and Jay Polkinghorne with those picks.

Xavier Walsh is someone I'd have played as a forward in SANFL but given lack of KPD depth he was forced to play back. We should be going hard at Tomlinson for KPD depth but we haven't.

The reason why we're targetting Perryman has nothing to do with Houston. He wants midfield minutes. Likely that we've said he can play midfield which would allow JHF (or Rozee depending on match up) to play as that medium forward who can take marks.

To do a Hawthorn you have to finish bottom 4 and not just for one year.

Problem is you simply can not bottom out now.

Tasmania are going to pick the eyes out of the draft for the next 4/5 years.

Our best bet for quality players is the Academy and hoping for gold there. Dougie Cochrane and making him eligible for Port would be absolutely massive for Port Adelaide. Zemes Pilot being a high end draft pick would be pretty good thing as well.

It’s not assured. We’ve been done this road before.
A loss on Friday and it’s assured Philthy05 don’t worry.

I understand the PTSD from the previous iterations we’ve had but this one is the real deal.

Need Hawks to do us a solid and there is no wiggle room, a win though and it may get shaky.

To do a Hawthorn you have to finish bottom 4 and not just for one year.
Hawthorn don't have an unusual amount of hight draft picks in their recent down years.

They are just a very well run club. Mitchell is super impressive with what he has been given without a lot of early draft picks.

I don't think they've drafted an out and out star early. Maybe Nick Watson last year at 5 but he came with questions marks of being too small for some while I liked him a lot.

If Hinkley goes in the near future, I think List Management will have a gianormous off season with the new head coach.

There are a fair whack of spuds and old spuds and gold card spuds and spuds being played out of position who will find hard to maintain their current positions in the team and also on the list.

Hopefully a broom is swept through the list and we get some more talent in on the list. Hopefully a few of the younger players are ready to kick it up a notch too and fight for spots.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back