List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats ****ed at least give him a crack at the top level!
The result would have been worse if we played Scully over the rotted corpse of Charlie Dixon or the epileptic-controlled marionette of Esava Ratugolea.

Heard today from a solid source that Scully is expecting to be delisted. Feels he may be a chance to remain if Hinkley does, but has been told he lacks the competitive drive and fight they want from him, and has the Post footy plan in place.
Completely expected

Heard today from a solid source that Scully is expecting to be delisted. Feels he may be a chance to remain if Hinkley does, but has been told he lacks the competitive drive and fight they want from him, and has the Post footy plan in place.

Well if scullys lacking “competitive drive” and still outperforming guys like lord what does that say about the rest of the kfs on our list?

Delisting Scully when Dixon’s cooked, Todd’s career hangs on a knife edge and could end at any moment , esava has proved as nothing more than break glass Everyman at best , and lord has stalled would be pretty silly imo.

We’re very close to facing a world where our kfs are Mitch plus assembled crud, in a league where getting access to kfs is the right of those few teams who bottom out , the vic teams who can pinch them back, and father sons and ngas.

between drafting tredrea (which even then was in the middle of entry concession etc from memory ?) it took us like another 20 years to draft Todd and Mitch.

At that rate jhf will be 40 by the time we draft our next kfs.

I see Scully has found his way into the too hard basket.

We’ve pumped hundreds of games in to very limited forwards but can’t even find a one year minimum wage contract for a player with actual talent.

Edit: we’ve also pumped hundreds of games into uncompetitive footballers.

It would be madness to delist Scully before giving him another season under a coach with competitive drive.

Imagine having Hartlett and Hinkley as your mentors.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Imagine sitting in the stands on Thursday night and then being told you are the uncompetitive one.

I'm completely over worrying about who would go if Hinkley goes. If he's your motivation, get out and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Almost every player has burned every gram of goodwill. Earn it back by playing for Port Adelaide, not Ken Hinkley.

I'm completely over worrying about who would go if Hinkley goes. If he's your motivation, get out and don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Almost every player has burned every gram of goodwill. Earn it back by playing for Port Adelaide, not Ken Hinkley.
Exactly. I would sooner have less talented players who play with grit and determination which qualities will generally get you a long way on the football field.

Dixon retires, Scully is delisted, Marshall's career up in the air, Esava and Finlayson just aren’t good enough and Lord has regressed. Georgiades, thankfully, has really come on this year, but what are we doing at this position?

I don’t think Lukosius is the sole answer. Surely, if Houston still wants out, the club looks at drafting Whitlock/Armstrong early and not at another flanker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Thursday night, for me on the good side, Bergman put in all night, LEvans was given some ridiculously hard jobs but didn't drop his head, I thought Sweet did a tough shift and the mids let him down more than anything, Georgie at least looked like a forward and Horne-Francis never quit. Burton was alright, I doubt Houston would have done any better, and Aliir did get a bit of it. The defence was thrown under a tank by the upfield players letting Geelong deliver the ball into the forward line under zero pressure.

Top of the list should be a weights coach and a reset of the high performance program. Geelong players walked though our tackles. Unfair to pick out one but the obvious example was the shellacking Dempsey gave Burgoyne. Dempsey was pick 15 in the 2022 rookie draft and he won the Rising Star this year. Obviously a class player but he made Burgoyne look like a schoolkid and Burgoyne deadset looked afraid of him. Unacceptable, totally unacceptable.

Maybe we should do a Watergate style raid on Geelong's recruiting notes room.

From Thursday night, for me on the good side, Bergman put in all night, LEvans was given some ridiculously hard jobs but didn't drop his head, I thought Sweet did a tough shift and the mids let him down more than anything, Georgie at least looked like a forward and Horne-Francis never quit. Burton was alright, I doubt Houston would have done any better, and Aliir did get a bit of it. The defence was thrown under a tank by the upfield players letting Geelong deliver the ball into the forward line under zero pressure.

Top of the list should be a weights coach and a reset of the high performance program. Geelong players walked though our tackles. Unfair to pick out one but the obvious example was the shellacking Dempsey gave Burgoyne. Dempsey was pick 15 in the 2022 rookie draft and he won the Rising Star this year. Obviously a class player but he made Burgoyne look like a schoolkid and Burgoyne deadset looked afraid of him. Unacceptable, totally unacceptable.

Maybe we should do a Watergate style raid on Geelong's recruiting notes room.
Good post. Unfortunately the only thing we raid from Geelong are their discards. To think that we went into that match-up with not one, but three players in our side who couldn’t make their best 22 over numerous seasons - and none of those three were our most untalented player on the night - says a lot about the state of our list and our selection/development/recruiting process.

Butters is the obvious other exception but he’s wedded to Donuts isn’t he?

He talks more about Carr than Hinkley these days.

And Bergman has to be kept.

Hawthorn is proof that you can rebuild quickly under the right coach. I am happy to take some pain if we actually make some real changes to coaching and playing group.

Lol how much does JHFs competitiveness stick out in this team of lovely boys. It should not set him apart, but instead it sticks out like piston broke in the trtt thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back