List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is you simply can not bottom out now.

Tasmania are going to pick the eyes out of the draft for the next 4/5 years.

Our best bet for quality players is the Academy and hoping for gold there. Dougie Cochrane and making him eligible for Port would be absolutely massive for Port Adelaide. Zemes Pilot being a high end draft pick would be pretty good thing as well.
If we can’t bottom out all that’s going to do is make this process longer.

Hawthorn don't have an unusual amount of hight draft picks in their recent down years.

They are just a very well run club. Mitchell is super impressive with what he has been given without a lot of early draft picks.

I don't think they've drafted an out and out star early. Maybe Nick Watson last year at 5 but he came with questions marks of being too small for some while I liked him a lot.
They have drafted well but also had picks in the top 6 in recent years.
We haven’t helped ourselves with throwing away a lot of second round picks also.
As it stands now we have bugger all in the draft next year and with tassie soon to enter it’s not going to get easier.
If we don’t bottom out we end up in no man’s land.
Not good enough to win a flag but good enough to finish mid table.
Basically Essendon or clubs like that.

We have punted on a flag bringing in some final pieces of the puzzle. It hasn't worked. We need to go hard in the drafts now before tassie or we will be stuffed

We have punted on a flag bringing in some final pieces of the puzzle. It hasn't worked. We need to go hard in the drafts now before tassie or we will be stuffed
I wouldn't be averse to trading out players like Marshall, Butters, Burton or anyone else for that matter for decent draft picks this year and the next. The new coach needs to have a relatively new list to work with who don't have the mental scars left by Hinkley. I would build a team around JHF, Georgiades, SPP, Drew, Houston, Farrell, Sweet, Bergman and Logan Evans.

Yeah let’s go hard on pick 567.
You can’t rebuild from top 4, you need to do a Geelong and top up with good players from other clubs.
It’s that or finishing lower than the Crows and I can’t see that going down well with the supporters.
All big talk now, I can see a lot of supporters jumping ship soon as we slide down the ladder.

I wouldn't be averse to trading out players like Marshall, Butters, Burton or anyone else for that matter for decent draft picks this year and the next. The new coach needs to have a relatively new list to work with who don't have the mental scars left by Hinkley. I would build a team around JHF, Georgiades, SPP, Drew, Houston, Farrell, Sweet, Bergman and Logan Evans.
Careful who you say you’ll trade, you’ll get attacked like I for mentioning Butters

Depends on coaching but

Retire:
Dixon
cluery
McKenzie
Boak

Trade:
Burton second round?
Butters, only cause it would be hard to remove Rozee now. Not knowing the draft but I’d hope we could get a key forward for Butters in the draft?
Houston if getting Perryman, I know it’s a downgrade but could deliver us two strong first rounders and two future firsts
Soldo second rounder?
DBJ second rounder

Hit the draft hard in next two years

We're screwed without our own developmental players/zoning. No big name wants to come to South Australia because we don't have the same culture as the Victorian clubs and we cannot offer the same lifestyle as the clubs on the east coast. That said, we need to build the team around Dan Houston, retire the older players and get Marshall out of the club. Take the wooden spoon for a couple of years and do a proper rebuild.

Yeah let’s go hard on pick 567.
You can’t rebuild from top 4, you need to do a Geelong and top up with good players from other clubs.
It’s that or finishing lower than the Crows and I can’t see that going down well with the supporters.
All big talk now, I can see a lot of supporters jumping ship soon as we slide down the ladder.
We have pick 567? I can't believe the player we get with that pick fell that far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can’t bottom out all that’s going to do is make this process longer.

We need a high 1st round pick this year.
We need a high 1st round pick next year
We need Douglas Cochrane the following year.
We need Zemes Pilot to be a top end pick the year after.

It's plenty of luck and wishful thinking with Dougie and Zemes I know but if we can bring in at least one high end pick each year and maybe get lucky with one or two other kids then we can recuit from elsewhere and we don't have to bottom out.

Would also add next year there needs to be a plan to get Dyson Sharp next year as that high end pick.

Depends on coaching but

Retire:
Dixon
cluery
McKenzie
Boak

Trade:
Burton second round?
Butters, only cause it would be hard to remove Rozee now. Not knowing the draft but I’d hope we could get a key forward for Butters in the draft?
Houston if getting Perryman, I know it’s a downgrade but could deliver us two strong first rounders and two future firsts
Soldo second rounder?
DBJ second rounder

Hit the draft hard in next two years

With Butters we then have to replace him with a high level midfielder.

The northern states Academies rort the draft too.
Lets just get rid of Hinkley and see where the cards fall. Anyone who is suggesting that we are going to be a worse team post Hinkley is a bed wetting lunatic.

All this 'Players love Hinkley' talk is another media invention to protect him.

I have my big girl panties on :D

One has to be realistic that the Ken Hinkley boys club needs to be disbanded once the ****er is gone!
Butters has openly said he loves Ken.
Personal I believe he will go anyway so we should get plenty for him.
All this depends on who coaches us going forward and how much backbone they have to make hard decisions.
This all comes back to our administration who control everything, that’s why I can’t see any real improvement until the likes of Koch are gone.

There’s always been one common denominator in successful clubs and that’s successful management.
We have talk show host with some appointed clowns and Tredders.
We’re fkd.

The northern states Academies rort the draft too.

All this 'Players love Hinkley' talk is another media invention to protect him.
Yeah I think this is partially true but I have it from a players family member that it is essentially true, but like any workplace when somebody leaves another replaces him/her. Then things continue on. By the end of the pre-season it will be Ken who. Everyone is replaceable. That should be a life lesson for everyone.

We need a high 1st round pick this year.
We need a high 1st round pick next year
We need Douglas Cochrane the following year.
We need Zemes Pilot to be a top end pick the year after.

It's plenty of luck and wishful thinking with Dougie and Zemes I know but if we can bring in at least one high end pick each year and maybe get lucky with one or two other kids then we can recuit from elsewhere and we don't have to bottom out.

Would also add next year there needs to be a plan to get Dyson Sharp next year as that high end pick.
What we want and what we get are two different things.
You want top picks in the next couple of years?
Trade out Huston,Butters and Rozze.
There’s your answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back