List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Edmund on the SEN Trade Bell thinks theres a long line for Houston. St Kilda throwing a lucrative deal at him, Carlton very keen but not wanting to lose their pick 11. He is summising that if its Carlton they will be loking to move a future first to richmond (who will want to spread their first rounders across 24/25) for one of the picks they obtain and using that as the centre of the deal with Port.
Well then they're not very keen.

If I walk into the Ferrari dealership and say I'm not willing to spend more than $5k, I'm not actually 'very keen' on a Ferrari.

I've heard Blues are looking to offload some talls to re-jig their lineup so I'm taking an educated guess Harry Lemmey is on the cards for us.

Did you see their tall forward line up with Curnow and McKay out? No me either. They have none. Lemmey has shown nothing.

And if anybody is thinking Motlop, did you watch the final against Brisbane? Third round at best.

Bit sick of stinkers bringing in so many b-c graders all the time. It’s always better to draft juniors and train them for spots than trying to plug holes with rejects. Seems like a shortcut which will put others nose out of joint

I used to have a boss who did something similar. Hang a carrot in your face in terms of a big promotion & pay rise. So everyone would work their asses off to win the promotion. Then he would make a captains call & hand the new role to a ring in. Someone he had headhunted from another firm. This someone had less experience & skill than many long term loyal employees who had done the hard yards.

So good long term employees would get pissed off & leave or pretend to work. I left for this reason & got the promotion/ pay rise I was after just by jumping ship. And my new boss backed me to the hilt because it was his personal call.

It’s the same story with your home loan, internet, phone deal. Loyal customers get shafted. New customers get a better deal.

Suspect this is why Houston is jumping ship & why Visentini, butters will follow. Imagine being Houston, 2x AA gun, and you hear the club will bring in Perryman & pay him more & give him a better contract when you know you are the better player and more deserving?
He has to. He can't develop players at all!

On SM-S711B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did you see their tall forward line up with Curnow and McKay out? No me either. They have none. Lemmey has shown nothing.

And if anybody is thinking Motlop, did you watch the final against Brisbane? Third round at best.
He’s only 20 and kicked 14.10 to go with 40 marks in his last 8 VFL games.

He was a little disgruntled with Carlton as they backflipped on his development plan and chose to try and develop him as a KPD during pre-season, and played him there early in the year. So he’s not really been able to develop his position as his role keeps changing from KPF to ruck/fwd to KPD.

Certainly not saying he’s destined to be a star, he definitely hasn’t lived up to his underage form, but he’s absolutely no worse than Scully or Lord.

Lorenz is a skinny kid who needs this pre-season. Think he starts Round 1 next year.

That said I'd play him this week, maybe sub.
We should be hoping he, Sinn and Jackson step up in 2025.

It also appears the AFl follow the leader will be in and less talks and more smalls will be in vogue.

I wonder if it will go to, two versatile forwards and a rest ruck. I did notice on Thursday Dixon and Esava were being run off majorily. They had spares and it was off of them.

Luko, Mitch Lord/Marshall could be a good combo, with Luko and Mitch rotating floating up the ground.

SPP, Rioli and DBJ as small forwards is okay, DBJ has been quite good as a small forward, even with his peahearted one arm attempted tackles at times.

If Josh Carr is the man, I hope he sets our zone and defence deeper. We will then have mastered the high press and defensive zone to alternate between. That would give us more options.

Why didn't we trial Lorenz or Anastasopoulos this season. Surely they could of offered us the same imput as Mac N Cheese or Frank the tank if not more

To answer that you have to walk the convolutions of Ken's brain, and none of us want to do that.

Lorenz is a skinny kid who needs this pre-season. Think he starts Round 1 next year.

That said I'd play him this week, maybe sub.

And this is one of the issues I have, he shouldn't need this pre-season. He looks the same size as he did in Yr 12, Anastasopoulos the same. Do they do any weights with these kids? Could you imagine first year Geelong players looking that puny?

And this is one of the issues I have, he shouldn't need this pre-season. He looks the same size as he did in Yr 12, Anastasopoulos the same. Do they do any weights with these kids? Could you imagine first year Geelong players looking that puny?
It’s been a bugbear of many for how long now? 2010?

It’s been a bugbear of many for how long now? 2010?

How long have I been on Bigfooty?

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

If I walk into the Ferrari dealership and say I'm not willing to spend more than $5k, I'm not actually 'very keen' on a Ferrari.

Just find a one owner 7yr old Ferrari and grab it for nothing as an UFA and let the AFL pay the owner compo.

How long have I been on Bigfooty?
You are known as Gandolf the White these days aren’t you?

I wouldn’t say 2004 team was slight but I thought 2007 Choco wanted the lightening fast slender players as the AFL was going to transition to supporting that type of play. Until we got crushed by Gorillas with pace. Surely Danks supplement program is running down there in some form

You are known as Gandolf the White these days aren’t you?

I wouldn’t say 2004 team was slight but I thought 2007 Choco wanted the lightening fast slender players as the AFL was going to transition to supporting that type of play. Until we got crushed by Gorillas with pace. Surely Danks supplement program is running down there in some form

Yes, Choco did go that long distance Olympic running physique route late in his reign.

I really thought Hinkley would bring the Geelong philosophy with him (sans chemical enhancement of course) ... but no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be hoping he, Sinn and Jackson step up in 2025.

It also appears the AFl follow the leader will be in and less talks and more smalls will be in vogue.

I wonder if it will go to, two versatile forwards and a rest ruck. I did notice on Thursday Dixon and Esava were being run off majorily. They had spares and it was off of them.

Luko, Mitch Lord/Marshall could be a good combo, with Luko and Mitch rotating floating up the ground.

SPP, Rioli and DBJ as small forwards is okay, DBJ has been quite good as a small forward, even with his peahearted one arm attempted tackles at times.

If Josh Carr is the man, I hope he sets our zone and defence deeper. We will then have mastered the high press and defensive zone to alternate between. That would give us more options.
Liked for the peahearted one arm attempted tackles comment. He's a weird player, can be unsighted and look like a headless chook at times, then he'll pop up and dribble one through from 40 out of nothing.

Liked for the peahearted one arm attempted tackles comment. He's a weird player, can be unsighted and look like a headless chook at times, then he'll pop up and dribble one through from 40 out of nothing.
That is the small forward though isn’t it? Take your chances when presented.

The Carlton equivalent would be, But I have 3 'as new' Hyundai Excels that I can throw in with the $5K.

Yes, Choco did go that long distance Olympic running physique route late in his reign.

I really thought Hinkley would bring the Geelong philosophy with him (sans chemical enhancement of course) ... but no.
Re the possible chemical enhancement bit, when I was in the pharmaceutical industry in the early 2000's a bloke came in trying to sell us some whizz bang supplement, that he said brisvegas were using.

He showed some before and after pics of one of the blokes they had picked up from Fitzroy, and the difference in his physique from this small skinny kid when he was at his original club to what he had become was amazing, bearing in mind of course the transition may have had more to do with his 3 or 4 extra years in the weight room than the use of any supplement. :think:

Re the possible chemical enhancement bit, when I was in the pharmaceutical industry in the early 2000's a bloke came in trying to sell us some whizz bang supplement, that he said brisvegas were using.

He showed some before and after pics of one of the blokes they had picked up from Fitzroy, and the difference in his physique from this small skinny kid when he was at his original club to what he had become was amazing, bearing in mind of course the transition may have had more to do with his 3 or 4 extra years in the weight room than the use of any supplement. :think:

Well of course.

Look who's back

Major factor left out of this list is how many years left on their contract? Taranto, I believe, was out of contract and a free agent the next year. Houston has three years left on his contract. This influences the asking price enormously.

If that tweet was to suggest that the asking price for Houston (2 x 1st round) is over the top, it is intellectually dishonest. If it is put up for lively discussion, it is incomplete.

Jack Macrae has told the Western Bulldogs he will be seeking a trade. The premiership midfielder has three years remaining on his deal but will be looking to play elsewhere in 2025. Hasn't nominated a club.
I'd take him if Boak retires. Would be a big upgrade in a wing/HF role. I expect he probably wants to go somewhere he'll get proper midfield time though.

So if Carlton trade a future first to Richmond, the best they could hope to get back is pick 12.

It's going to take a lot more than that to turn Port's head.

Jack Macrae has told the Western Bulldogs he will be seeking a trade. The premiership midfielder has three years remaining on his deal but will be looking to play elsewhere in 2025. Hasn't nominated a club.
Would say that it's quite likely he ends up at Collingwood to play with his brother. Or he's waiting to see if his brother moves somewhere so he can too

It might be that they are not valued in terms of contract dollars but the evidence of the value of smalls as goal kickers and pressure players in finals paints a different picture. Across 4 games on the weekend 44 goals were kicked by smalls and 29 by tall forwards. That doesn’t include rucks like English or full time mids like Cripps and Bont, but does include heeney who plays forward a lot.

All of the talk in the media during the week was that finals are won on pressure and ground ball, which is why Geelong were confident of winning, why hoyne from champion data didn’t rate us and why hawthorn are looking so damaging.

Geelong got 11 goals out of their small forwards last week, 13 if you include Bowes. We got 4 and that includes Rozee and jhf.

The fact you’re listing a bunch of ring ins kicking goals as “small forwards” proves what I’m saying.

Reckon we let Houston go for a top 10 this year and a F2

Yuck. Why should we take such an average deal for a contracted player who is key to any hopes we have of contending in the next couple of years, while turning another club into a cup fancy.

Sam Edmund on the SEN Trade Bell thinks theres a long line for Houston. St Kilda throwing a lucrative deal at him, Carlton very keen but not wanting to lose their pick 11. He is summising that if its Carlton they will be loking to move a future first to richmond (who will want to spread their first rounders across 24/25) for one of the picks they obtain and using that as the centre of the deal with Port.

Lol here we go. Watch the vic media go to work somehow balancing “he’s wanted by lots of clubs” and “port should take pennies for him”

Would have thought with Campo F/S Carlton be happy to offload their 1st. That's going to end up being around the mark Campo gets a bid.

There’s no chance campo goes before blues 1st round pick. He’s considered a 20-35 rated talent

I've heard Blues are looking to offload some talls to re-jig their lineup so I'm taking an educated guess Harry Lemmey is on the cards for us.

Lemmey has zero value, he’s dfa material right now.

In isolation, considering age as well, you'd probably pay more for Taranto than Houston.

But it's certainly in our favour that Houston is open to a number of clubs and letting competition drive his price up.

Hell no, Taranto is the type of low impact mid that there is plenty of in the afl. And his contract situation was way different to Dan.

I'd take him if Boak retires. Would be a big upgrade in a wing/HF role. I expect he probably wants to go somewhere he'll get proper midfield time though.

Macrae is 30 years old coming off a 18d a game season.

I would hate to be plugging games into him after trading for him while Lorenz / sinn / Jackson play sanfl.

At some point you’ve got to back your own, and I know you also take talent from outside when you can, but don’t think an out of form zero hurt factor 30 year old in a position we have young players we could develop is the right guy to back.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back