List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Macrae is 30 years old coming off a 18d a game season.

I would hate to be plugging games into him after trading for him while Lorenz / sinn / Jackson play sanfl.

At some point you’ve got to back your own, and I know you also take talent from outside when you can, but don’t think an out of form zero hurt factor 30 year old in a position we have young players we could develop is the right guy to back.
I'm not saying we should target him, but I'm pretty sure that stat is skewed thanks to Bevo doing some dumb shit with him and his role in the side.

How long have I been on Bigfooty?

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF
It's back to Choco days. He went 'run all day' lean players after the 2004 GF, and it was one of the reasons we got brushed aside so easily in the 2007 GF. You can add that size differential being a massive negative to the list of lessons no one bothered to learn from that disaster. Or all the times since we've bemoaned our players looking like boys vs. men, as our tackles are brushed aside.

I'm not saying we should target him, but I'm pretty sure that stat is skewed thanks to Bevo doing some dumb shit with him and his role in the side.

Players who are regularly subbed in or out of games have their stats distorted and seemingly nobody makes any effort to take note of this. Take out the 4 games where Macrae started as sub (collecting a total of 27 possessions @ 6.75 per game) and he averages a very respectable 21 possessions per game playing more of an outside role.

I don’t want to back in our own because our own is shit. I’m happy to bring multiple experienced players from other clubs into this mentally weak team.

I don’t want to back in our own because our own is shit. I’m happy to bring multiple experienced players from other clubs into this mentally weak team.

Counter point - we do this every year and the problem seems to get worse not better.

The fact you’re listing a bunch of ring ins kicking goals as “small forwards” proves what I’m saying.

Yuck. Why should we take such an average deal for a contracted player who is key to any hopes we have of contending in the next couple of years, while turning another club into a cup fancy.

Lol here we go. Watch the vic media go to work somehow balancing “he’s wanted by lots of clubs” and “port should take pennies for him”

There’s no chance campo goes before blues 1st round pick. He’s considered a 20-35 rated talent

Lemmey has zero value, he’s dfa material right now.

Hell no, Taranto is the type of low impact mid that there is plenty of in the afl. And his contract situation was way different to Dan.

I would hate to be plugging games into him after trading for him while Lorenz / sinn / Jackson play sanfl.

At some point you’ve got to back your own, and I know you also take talent from outside when you can, but don’t think an out of form zero hurt factor 30 year old in a position we have young players we could develop is the right guy to back.

Lemmey just no good or?

Every offer I’ve seen floated for Dan Houston feels like an offer we’d get next year regardless, maybe worse considering the change of future picks being able to be traded 2 years in advance.

Port need to hold firm until a suitable offer comes around - if it’s doesn’t then it seems there will be no love lost between player and club anyway.

Would take him on a wing for sure. We need to bolster our experienced players and he wouldn't cost too much.
Macrae is cooked.

Would rather play Lorenz over him.

Strongly disagree that Macrae is 'zero hurt factor'. One of the best kicks inside 50 in the comp, which is one of our weaknesses.

So far Sinn and Jackson have shown absolutely zero to suggest we should be relying on them to do anything at AFL level. Lorenz I like but he's still a teenager, he still has plenty of time. Teams in their premiership window (and if we **** Hinkley off we're still well and truly in ours) need to be prioritising winning over developing late pick teenagers.

Counter point - we do this every year and the problem seems to get worse not better.
How many of those players are champions, or at the very least were premiership players?

Soldo a premiership player but with only a small role and amount of experience. Motlop and Aliir from teams with champions but no premiership experience themselves. Rockliff was a star in his prime but from a loser culture at Brisbane. Finlayson played in a GF but infamously only had the one touch from a full game. Ryder was a star in his prime too, but from possibly the only club with a more pathetic mental state than Port, which manifested in his woefully pathetic only finals appearance for Port.

After that you have players that are just mired in mediocrity both in terms of talent and culture: Monfries, Toumpas, Watts, Dumont, Trengove.

Perhaps we need to buy in some leadership cause we sure as shit can’t develop it at the moment.

Lemmey just no good or?
At a guess, just isn’t quick or Athletic enough. No Curnow, McKay, DeKoning, Silvangi they threw Kemp forward and ran 6 smalls instead of giving a ‘promising’ kid a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lemmey just no good or?
Has shown some good signs, still very young. Did ok as a KPD in the first half of the year then averaged about 2 goals a game when shifted forward mid year. Pretty good in the air too.

Not too sure why but AFL clubs are horribly averse to debuting talls early.

Why didn't we trial Lorenz or Anastasopoulos this season. Surely they could of offered us the same imput as Mac N Cheese or Frank the tank if not more
Hinkley reads like a dictionary. He plays old, injured players in preference to blooding young players out of self preservation. To his mind finishing top 4 and folding like a cheap suit in finals is a smaller career risk than putting miles in young legs that may not pay dividends in the short term.

We have a board focused on public perceptions and membership count. Thirty years ago they were focused on success, didn't gaf about public perceptions and membership took care of itself. If they were still focused on success then Hinkley and quarter of our current list would be playing finals in country football this weekend.

How many of those players are champions, or at the very least were premiership players?

Perhaps we need to buy in some leadership cause we sure as shit can’t develop it at the moment.
We had to bring in Hardwick & Pickett & curb Chocos power years ago.
Not sure there are any ready made toughies like that available or if our board has any cahoonas. I think the board have let stinkers have too much power for too long

That was the good ol days thinking, not so today.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
*Not that I was ever a star player....

But I left my club and went to a different club for less money... But better chance of a premiership.

P.s at my new club we lost the grand final 😔

P.p.s never played finals at my previous club. (Home town club)

I wish I played in a premiership 🥺

*Not that I was ever a star player....

But I left my club and went to a different club for less money... But better chance of a premiership.

P.s at my new club we lost the grand final 😔

P.p.s never played finals at my previous club. (Home town club)

I wish I played in a premiership 🥺

Thankfully my brain function is far better than my sporting ability. I have never won any premierships but have many injury stories 🤣🤣

We had to bring in Hardwick & Pickett & curb Chocos power years ago.
Not sure there are any ready made toughies like that available or if our board has any cahoonas. I think the board have let stinkers have too much power for too long
Would you believe Lukoscious and Perryman?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back