List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Last time I saw Greg Anderson I was doing a 5k run around the Torrens and thinking I was travelling OK and then I was passed by this blurr where I could only make out his hair as he disappeared into the distance. I remember thinking I have never seen someone move so fast and so smooth and I'm sure he was only half pace.

Ando was a star junior athlete, he was a state champion in the 100m and 400m hurdlers, Long and Triple Jump. Greg held the state record in Triple Jump for 21 years.

I wouldn’t cut Boak.

Adams was in the Sydney midfield until recently and the Collingwood midfield prior to that.

He would be playing for port this Friday if he was on our list.

He is tough and competitive, has come from two successful systems, wouldn’t cost much in cap or picks, would add high quality, ready to go depth.

The longer boak plays the more harm he does to his legacy as a port champion. Players need to know when to retire.

As for Adams, who is he replacing in our midfield? He’s an onballer , not a wingman from what I’ve seen.

You want to kick drew or wines out for him?

What’s the point of bringing in depth when the depth is a 31yr old cooked player? Just develop our own kids.

Cal Twomey on the show Gettable has again stated St Kilda are interested in bringing Soldo

West Coast list manager Matthew Clarke on the show stated they may look at contracted Tom Clurey if they loose Barrass via trade to bring in senior defenders.

I would be quite nervous about trading soldo with sweets game last week.

If soldo wanted out to saints , I’m asking for phillipou as a straight swap , or a good second rounder.

Could understand saints if they didn’t want to do that, but it would be stupid of port to give up soldo with our rucks far from being established for anything other than a win for our list.

**** taylor adams for kneeing the hoff in the head.

side note he only got 2 weeks for purposefully kneeing someone in the head 3 times, protectin the head since 2015

I'm all aboard trading out Soldo. Just not sure we'll get much for him. Should never have gone so hard for him.

Visentini needs games, the question if we only have Sweet and Visentini on the roster though, is who becomes 3rd string and what do we do about that.

I'm all aboard trading out Soldo. Just not sure we'll get much for him. Should never have gone so hard for him.

Visentini needs games, the question if we only have Sweet and Visentini on the roster though, is who becomes 3rd string and what do we do about that.
Eh, I don't think anyone ever expected Sweet to rise so fast. He was clearly initially recruited as a backup to Soldo.

Eh, I don't think anyone ever expected Sweet to rise so fast. He was clearly initially recruited as a backup to Soldo.
There are many of us that were against/confused by the trading for two at the time, myself included. This was totally forseeable. With Visentini looking only 1 year away, we needed a stop gap, not an overhaul.

There are many of us that were against/confused by the trading for two at the time, myself included. This was totally forseeable. With Visentini looking only 1 year away, we needed a stop gap, not an overhaul.

Well done for the foresight. There were also many (if I remember) that figured that Sam Hayes was a better option than Sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done for the foresight. There were also many (if I remember) that figured that Sam Hayes was a better option than Sweet.
We just keep burning draft capital and then sit here with none and start pushing our best players out to get more. Our list management has many wins, but there are a heck of a lot of losses on the board too.

Having said all that, I appreciate that they're having a crack and mixing up our approach constantly, rather than just persisting with the same line of attack all the time which summarises Hinkley.

We just keep burning draft capital and then sit here with none and start pushing our best players out to get more. Our list management has many wins, but there are a heck of a lot of losses on the board too.

this is a valid point.

Fox reporting Carlton could be looking to trade Cerra to land a first round pick as part of their chase for Houston

*Not that I was ever a star player....

But I left my club and went to a different club for less money... But better chance of a premiership.

P.s at my new club we lost the grand final

P.p.s never played finals at my previous club. (Home town club)

I wish I played in a premiership 🥺

Yeah I just don’t think it’s as big a motivator anymore, player wages are enormous these days, players want to milk it for all its worth, given their careers are only 5-10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Look at Tilthorpe vs Marshall
A few of our guys seem allergic to the weights room & unable to bulk up.
It’s actually pretty easy to get massive depending on your genetics. One year I broke my ankle so hit the gym & 9 months later I was bloody huge & had half a dozen amateur clubs chasing me
But I looked a lot better than I actually played & lost a lot of pace & run so tried to slim down again
AFL players do weights differently, a bloke like me who just wants to get ripped will do 12-6 reps to exhaustion with a 90-120 second break between sets, then rest 3-4 days to recover. building up a lot of inefficient, fast twitch muscle mass, which the ladies love.
But AFL players train differently, they will have shorter breaks between sets & much less recovery time in order to build less bulk and more ingrained, hard, resilient body with more efficient slow twitch muscles. It’s a long and difficult process to get some bulk & not lose running power & speed
Pretty certain the attitude at ports is get your running up to scratch then put on a little bulk. Whilst other clubs go for bulk first then try to get the running up to scratch

Shorter breaks between sets, why would that stop one from bulking up ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back