List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade wagon is awesome today.

Pick 12 for Noble, pick 25 for Neal-Bullen.

If Houston is traded, surely that’s two top 10 draft picks…. (Not that I would like to see Houston traded)

Edit: and now 2 first rounders for Barrass.

Last edited:
I would be quite nervous about trading soldo with sweets game last week.

If soldo wanted out to saints , I’m asking for phillipou as a straight swap , or a good second rounder.

Could understand saints if they didn’t want to do that, but it would be stupid of port to give up soldo with our rucks far from being established for anything other than a win for our list.
Agree re Soldo v Sweet.

Shorter breaks between sets, why would that stop one from bulking up ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
shorter break means muscles don’t have a proper chance to recover before the next set.
A power lifter might rest 180 seconds between 4 rep sets, because he only needs to make one massive effort
A footballer needs to make multiple repeat efforts so trains accordingly
Was watching an old vid of a big bikie brawl at a kickboxing tournament in Queensland & mate & I both said ‘too much weights … not enough speedwork’
My point was it’s not hard to bulk up, but it’s easy to lose your speed & endurance so afl players train a lot different to bodybuilders or weightlifters

If soldo wanted out to saints , I’m asking for phillipou as a straight swap

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Let's see if we can get Max King thrown in for McEntee while we're at it.

It is St Kilda, they were happy to give us pick 6 for Barry Brooks, so maybe.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Let's see if we can get Max King thrown in for McEntee while we're at it.

You must be living in 2022 when Mattaes was drafted to be the next bont. Hasn’t worked out.

The same way jones hasn’t worked out for us and isn’t worth near the pick 16 he was bid on.

I was clear in my post saints / saint fans don’t have to want that trade , but the only reason we should toss aside a contracted ruckman and risk a year with sweet / barely tried vis as our rucks is for a pretty damn good offer.

We should absolutely hold soldo unless the offer is too good, not because soldo is awesome or what not, but because our ruck situation isn’t exactly safe and Ivan is contracted.

You must be living in 2022 when Mattaes was drafted to be the next bont. Hasn’t worked out.
It's been two years. He's still in their best 22 and showing good signs.

Phillipou's career right now is in a similar spot to where someone like Bergman was a couple of years ago. Hasn't fully put it together but anyone with eyes can see that the tools are there. Bergman came good, Phillipou more than likely will too. If we'd traded Bergman for an 28 year old injury prone average ruck like Soldo two years ago I'd have burned the club down.

That trade is surely the biggest trade 'steal' of all time. Almost criminal.

We ended up with Salopek who was good despite his injuries.

In retrospect we should have chosen Andrew Mackie, at least then he wouldn’t have then formed a relationship with Hinkley and then endorsed him as the next Port coach, real sliding doors moment that pick.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The longer boak plays the more harm he does to his legacy as a port champion. Players need to know when to retire.

As for Adams, who is he replacing in our midfield? He’s an onballer , not a wingman from what I’ve seen.

You want to kick drew or wines out for him?

What’s the point of bringing in depth when the depth is a 31yr old cooked player? Just develop our own kids.

I would be quite nervous about trading soldo with sweets game last week.

If soldo wanted out to saints , I’m asking for phillipou as a straight swap , or a good second rounder.

Could understand saints if they didn’t want to do that, but it would be stupid of port to give up soldo with our rucks far from being established for anything other than a win for our list.
If we can turn soldo into phillipou Parker would end up with a statue at alberton

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any way we could trade in a good key forward if we are losing Houston?
Not really any available.

Luko probably the best option. Maybe Sam Day as a break glass option.

If the Saints really are hell bent on turning Marshall into a forward maybe someone like Caminiti could be pried out. Very long shot though.

Apart from that might be a case of grabbing a Lemmey, Grainger-Barras, or Coleman-Jones just to bolster our stocks

Edit: I’d give Taberner a go as a DFA

Last edited:
shorter break means muscles don’t have a proper chance to recover before the next set.
A power lifter might rest 180 seconds between 4 rep sets, because he only needs to make one massive effort
A footballer needs to make multiple repeat efforts so trains accordingly
Was watching an old vid of a big bikie brawl at a kickboxing tournament in Queensland & mate & I both said ‘too much weights … not enough speedwork’
My point was it’s not hard to bulk up, but it’s easy to lose your speed & endurance so afl players train a lot different to bodybuilders or weightlifters

I rest maybe 30 seconds between sets, heavy lifting that is. I’ve never had issues bulking up.
I sometimes do my own weights circuit (hit) sessions. Everyone is built different, what works for me may not work for you, vice versa. I do believe most of our players are allergic to weights, is why they look like marathon runners.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's been two years. He's still in their best 22 and showing good signs.

Phillipou's career right now is in a similar spot to where someone like Bergman was a couple of years ago. Hasn't fully put it together but anyone with eyes can see that the tools are there. Bergman came good, Phillipou more than likely will too. If we'd traded Bergman for an 28 year old injury prone average ruck like Soldo two years ago I'd have burned the club down.

Don’t agree Bergman was in a similar place at all. Bergman had showed some elite signs, then had some serious illnesses set him back.

Phillipou was an early bloomer with a great tank who was meant to be the next bont.

Pre - draft when I was a fan of mattaes a well known ex recruiter that posts here told me he wasn’t a fan and gave me a few reasons why. Everything he predicted pretty well came true.

I still think there’s something salvageable there, he’s got good hands to be a decent 3rd tall up forward , maybe eventually he could develop into the mid he was meant to be. But there’s a bit of work to do.

If I’m saints I hold onto him while you can, and don’t trade him. I’ve been clear that I’ve said I don’t think it’s a trade they really could / should be keen on.

All I’ve said, and I’ve been very clear, is that our ruck stocks are so tenuous that I’m only dealing soldo for something very enticing.

Saints come knocking I would ask for Philipou, or maybe that good second rounder if we like that area of the draft , and saying take it or leave it. They have every right to say no, but we shouldn’t be exposing our ruck stocks for anything less.

Don’t agree Bergman was in a similar place at all. Bergman had showed some elite signs, then had some serious illnesses set him back.

Phillipou was an early bloomer with a great tank who was meant to be the next bont.

Pre - draft when I was a fan of mattaes a well known ex recruiter that posts here told me he wasn’t a fan and gave me a few reasons why. Everything he predicted pretty well came true.

I still think there’s something salvageable there, he’s got good hands to be a decent 3rd tall up forward , maybe eventually he could develop into the mid he was meant to be. But there’s a bit of work to do.

If I’m saints I hold onto him while you can, and don’t trade him. I’ve been clear that I’ve said I don’t think it’s a trade they really could / should be keen on.

All I’ve said, and I’ve been very clear, is that our ruck stocks are so tenuous that I’m only dealing soldo for something very enticing.

Saints come knocking I would ask for Philipou, or maybe that good second rounder if we like that area of the draft , and saying take it or leave it. They have every right to say no, but we shouldn’t be exposing our ruck stocks for anything less.
🚨 what are you doing 🚨

Its not that hard to look up what he did in his last 4 games and still only 19.

complete HOGWASH

Phillipou has absolutely shown elite signs.

What’s Macrae worth? If he was cheap, I reckon he would be worth a punt for a couple of years, and Rozee could play at half forward.

Not really any available.

Luko probably the best option. Maybe Sam Day as a break glass option.

If the Saints really are hell bent on turning Marshall into a forward maybe someone like Caminiti could be pried out. Very long shot though.

Apart from that might be a case of grabbing a Lemmey, Grainger-Barras, or Coleman-Jones just to bolster our stocks

Edit: I’d give Taberner a go as a DFA
If Taberner is over his injury issues, then hell yeah.
Big 'IF' though!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back