List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

it could just be seen as more papering over the cracks until we fix the losing/mentally weak soft culture, but SPP and Kozzie replacing spuds like Evans, Narkle and McEntee is a huge upgrade. Jesus even Joe Richards is an upgrade, our small forwards have been an issue for a while but it was all amplified with SPP being suspended and then doing his ACL, which basically meant he missed the entire season.

We addressed the issue at the draft last year with Anastasopolous and Charleson but neither of those guys were ready this year but hopefully they step up next year.

We need to find another tall or two to help out Georgiades too, as much as it concerns me getting into a bidding war with Crows over Luko, i feel like he is a much bigger need for us. We basically have to plan next year on the basis that Marshall won't be playing.

Well I think the list clearly has some holes but we arenā€™t alone there.

Geelong, Brisbane, Sydney, Hawthorn, etc - all have holes. We are also quite a young and inexperienced side.

Assuming Houston goes, but no other changes, we still have a backline made of Jones, Evans, Bergmann, Farrell, Sinn - all young and minimal games.

Across the midfield, Butters, Rozee, Mead, Sweet, Burgoyne, Lorenz, Drew - 3 have reached 100 games. Boak likely isnā€™t first 22 and Wines could be surpassed at his age.

Forwards should see Rioli, DBJ, SPP, Georgiades and Finlayson - actually our most experienced line.

You could comfortably move on Dixon, Boak (or rookie or SANFL captain), McKenzie, Clurey, Williams, Soldo, F.Evans, McEntee and Narkle without impacting our depth or core at all. Thatā€™s 9 players. L.Evans needs a spot so thatā€™s 8.

Perryman, Cuming, Richards and Lukoscious makes that 4 spots. Burgoyne and Monty as rookies, Barret as a cat B, 2 spots left. We should also be in Rosas ear.

We need to turn Houston, Soldo, Clurey, Williams (and I would throw in Lord and Boak) into 2 first rounders, Luko and Richards. We have to turn what we have into as many points for Gold Coast, Brisbane and whoever else has F/S and academy picks this year and next. Take the Whitlock boys and Dodson - thatā€™s our spine secured and keeps us competitive next year.

When do delistings happen?

I'm expecting it'll be from this group

Scully, K.Marshall

Narkle and Evans out of contract (i think)

D.Will and McEntee contracted rookies

Keeping in mind we have trades and retirees that will save a few of these guys
No way Scully gets delisted

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No way Scully gets delisted

On PHN110 using BigFooty.com mobile app
As of about 2-3 weeks ago, he was flat out told (in simple terms) that they couldn't guarantee he'll be there next year. He personally believes if Hinkley isn't retained he will be gone.

Last edited:
Let Boak do a couple of years at Collingwood under a different coach, then come back.

I don't think he would end up coming back. I can see him taking a part-time development role somewhere in Vic, while playing at least a season at Torquay.

I reckon he'll end up living on the Surf Coast. If I had **** off money, I probably would too.

Is Cumming an ex-Crows supporter? I really feel like with those types you have bugger all chance of winning that battle when bring them home. Rankine, Dawson, examples of those ex Crows fans we never had a shot with.

Would love to pickup Perryman and Cumming for our depth, any FA of quality is a boost for a shallow list like ours, but I won't lose sleep when Cumming goes to the Crows. It just would help. We either need to look at some mature aged SANFL/VFL talent to boost our depth IMO or hit some of those FA's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to turn Houston, Soldo, Clurey, Williams (and I would throw in Lord and Boak) into 2 first rounders, Luko and Richards. We have to turn what we have into as many points for Gold Coast, Brisbane and whoever else has F/S and academy picks this year and next. Take the Whitlock boys and Dodson - thatā€™s our spine secured and keeps us competitive next year.
If Houstonā€™s gone as expected, thereā€™s 2 x 1st round picks. You have to expect at least one of those picks would be in the top 10 in this years draft and the other 1st round pick in next years draft.

If Clurey, Soldo, Williams and I would throw in Burton as well. You would be seeing a mixture of 2nd and 3rd round picks which we could offload to GC or Lions for their F/S or Academy selections in exchange for their 1st round picks which sounds great in theory, but Iā€™m not sure if clubs would be willing to pay that much to acquire those players.

As for Luko, I would think that GC would request a future 1st pick for him which I wouldnā€™t do. I would only get him if Port has enough in the cap to absorb his salary in exchange for a future 2nd.

Richards might be a little tricky since Collingwood would demand something like a 2nd round pick.

In regards to the Whitlock and Dodson, all three are 199cm+ which is great for starters.

According to the phantom guide, theyā€™re all ranked between 20-30 as of right now. I would imagine they may go up the order come near draft night. Only question I have for the Whitlock twins is what type of key forward is Jack Whitlock? What type of Key Defender is Matt Whitlock? Are they both agile and move well. Last thing I want is some slow lumbering players refusing to move and create space.

So sounds like Perryman is swaying towards Pies and Cumming was initially set on Crows but now is 50/50. If we don't get either, we'll overpay for Lukosius in terms of picks and at the end of the none of it will matter cause Donuts will still be here. Gee whiz I have been completely drained of any optimism.

I don't think he would end up coming back. I can see him taking a part-time development role somewhere in Vic, while playing at least a season at Torquay.

I reckon he'll end up living on the Surf Coast. If I had **** off money, I probably would too.
It's a given he will end up back at Torquay, the question is when.
Torquay has just gone back to back in the Bellarine League and is under fierce scrutiny from AFL Barwon after they were done for rorting the draft ' points' system half a dozen years back. He may take on the inaugural coaching role at the Surf Coast Suns when they come into the BFL in 2026, but honestly can't see him playing at any other club in the district, much as I'd love to see him at Queenscliff.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back