List Management - Trading and Delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind another developing KPD on the list but I'd say we have bigger needs for the first round, wouldn't mind one a bit later in the draft though. I think if we really thought we needed one we would have taken Plowman.

Where do we see Roberts playing? I'd probably rather him play just at one end of the ground rather then swapping every week at VFL level but I'm really not too sure. Would like him as a KPD cause we would be pretty set for a while there, but also really like him in the forward line too.
Plowman was off the board by our picks

I wouldn't mind another developing KPD on the list but I'd say we have bigger needs for the first round, wouldn't mind one a bit later in the draft though. I think if we really thought we needed one we would have taken Plowman.

Where do we see Roberts playing? I'd probably rather him play just at one end of the ground rather then swapping every week at VFL level but I'm really not too sure. Would like him as a KPD cause we would be pretty set for a while there, but also really like him in the forward line too.
i would prefer Roberts to be a full time swing man
play 30% forward 70% back

Just quietly, don't mind the idea of poaching Thomas just so we could have a captain after Boyd. Can't stand the idea of giving it to a young kid and hinder their development

Hows Kane Lucas going this year? Haven't seen much of Carlton. I really like him and there were rumors of him wanting to leave last year weren't there? Has he re-signed yet? Could be worth a try.

i still hope we make a play for Tom Bell from Carlton
give that kid a senior spot and watch him destroy people.

I think he has already been guaranteed a spot on the senior list next season.

Hows Kane Lucas going this year? Haven't seen much of Carlton. I really like him and there were rumors of him wanting to leave last year weren't there? Has he re-signed yet? Could be worth a try.

Watched a few Carlton games this year. Has looked good at times but very average at other times. I'm not that interested in him as we wouldn't be able to get him for cheap and looks pretty similar to Stevens.

Really would love for the club to make a play for Sam Reid in the off-season. I know his a premiership forward but his really struggling at Sydney at the moment and when Tippet returns he may not be in their best 22.

I highly doubt the club would do this but chucking up a Shaun Higgins plus a pick may be able to do the trick to get him here. Seeing Jones + Reid + Stringer in the forward line for the next 8-10 years would be a sight.

Really would love for the club to make a play for Sam Reid in the off-season. I know his a premiership forward but his really struggling at Sydney at the moment and when Tippet returns he may not be in their best 22.

I highly doubt the club would do this but chucking up a Shaun Higgins plus a pick may be able to do the trick to get him here. Seeing Jones + Reid + Stringer in the forward line for the next 8-10 years would be a sight.
Disagree, Reid is too similar to Jones IMO, and it looks like Jones might turn out to be the better of the two :D plus we'd have to pay massive overs for him. Do not want.

Too similar to Jones and Sydney wouldn't trade him anyway, Goodes only has a year or 2 left, they signed him up to long term deal for a reason, they can't afford to lose him. Sydney don't take talls with their first round picks, so when they get a decent one they are not going to let him go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand it'd be very hard to get him but I don't think him being similar to Jones will be a problem at all. A lot of elite forward lines have had similar key forwards in the same forward line.

Jeez imagine them two in the same forward line, our forward 50 entries would no longer be a problem seeing as we could just bomb it in and get a mark 99% of the time :p

I know its not going to happen, but personally I think they'd work well together. Jones plays more up the ground and Reid stays deep.

I understand it'd be very hard to get him but I don't think him being similar to Jones will be a problem at all. A lot of elite forward lines have had similar key forwards in the same forward line.
Not having a go but can you name one... I'm really struggling to think of an elite side wit two very similar talls. Normally they're complimentary like Buddy and Roughead or Hawkins and Pods, Brown and Lynch...etc.

Just having a think about players we might have a look at at the end of the year, what do people think about Jeremy Laidler? Not getting a game for the Blues atm, and has played some good footy in the past.
He's 189cm though, so he sort of fits into the group we already have.

Just having a think about players we might have a look at at the end of the year, what do people think about Jeremy Laidler? Not getting a game for the Blues atm, and has played some good footy in the past.
Nah, I don't think he'd be worth what the Blues would ask for him. Not to mention the fact that a 189cm defender isn't really a glaring deficiency on our list. I'd pass, personally.

I do like the way he goes about it :p But realistically I can't find a spot for him in the team, unless we go with a back six in the future of:

Laidler Roughead Young
JJ Talia Pearce

But then Goodes could play for a while yet, still have Wood, among others to come back in. But for a low draft pick then I would go for him

Nah, I don't think he'd be worth what the Blues would ask for him. Not to mention the fact that a 189cm defender isn't really a glaring deficiency on our list. I'd pass, personally.
The most I'd offer would probably be a 3rd round pick. If he continues to not get games, I'd say it's fair. Although I can see them wanting more.
Can play small, and would know Macca from his time at Geelong.

I do like the way he goes about it :p But realistically I can't find a spot for him in the team, unless we go with a back six in the future of:

Laidler Roughead Young
JJ Talia Pearce

But then Goodes could play for a while yet, still have Wood, among others to come back in. But for a low draft pick then I would go for him
I'd probably prefer him over Wood. I wouldn't give up anything of decent value to get him though.
My suggestion was more of a "to watch" kind of thing :p.

The most I'd offer would probably be a 3rd round pick. If he continues to not get games, I'd say it's fair. Although I can see them wanting more.
Can play small, and would know Macca from his time at Geelong.
I dunno, I just feel like we need to start filling some holes rather than saying, "Who's a decent player in a position we're OK for?" To be honest I'd rather fill a list spot with a 3rd round draft pick who may not make it in a position we're deficient in than an older guy who's shown some good football in a position we're doing alright in. Just my opinion though.

Laidler and Duigan are funny ones, played really good footy year before last had some injuries and now seem out of favour but both are not on injured list and didn't get a VFL game last week and prior to that were both struggling to even get a kick in VFL Blues previous VFL games. Big fall from grace for these guys, but seem pretty similar to Young so not for us.

I dunno, I just feel like we need to start filling some holes rather than saying, "Who's a decent player in a position we're OK for?" To be honest I'd rather fill a list spot with a 3rd round draft pick who may not make it in a position we're deficient in than an older guy who's shown some good football in a position we're doing alright in. Just my opinion though.
I agree mostly, but I was thinking of him more playing on smalls than mediums/talls. This is a position we certainly aren't ok in. He's done it well in the past, so I don't see why he wouldn't in the future.
He's only 23 as well, so he's a good age for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back