Live All Australian Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because you get big numbers as midfielder doesn't mean you can pop them wherever on the field. Have a look at that forward line and tell me if it would function in a real game.

Of course it would function in a real game. Murphy and Swan would be miles better as HFF's than any of the players that actually play there.

Swan had 31 goals and 23 assists, despite not playing there very much. He'd go ok if he was there full time.

too many midfielders, mark murphy and swan on the hf line wtf

3 midfielders on the bench

happy kelly got in, he deserved it, best geelong player all year

I think it's hilarious that all of you think you actually know better than people who have played and are involved in the industry. Like, you're getting genuinely upset because your uninformed opinion is incorrect. Funny.

As a fan who watches 5+ games a week, every week, over the whole season, my opinion is hardly 'uninformed' and I'm sure this goes for many other fans. I am confident that I watch more footy and have more of a clue than most of the panel of muppets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is Robert Murphy in there ahead of Brett Deledio? Totally ridiculous decision. And Scarlett seemingly only got in on reputation by the looks of it. And Fyfe out and Milne in?

Look I can see why they picked petrie over goldstein as second ruck, but it seems to me they decided to be overly pedantic with the second ruck position (picking also based on forward ability) when they've not bothered with other positions (putting mids in random spots etc).

Goldstein incredibly stiff, but congrats big Drewy

The 2011 All Australian Team.

B: M.Scarlett (Geel), D.Glass (WCE), C.Enright (Geel)
HB: R.Murphy (WB), B.Reid (Coll), L.Davis (Coll)
C: D.Thomas (Coll), S.Mitchell (Haw), S.Pendlebury (Coll)
HF: M.Murphy (Carl), T.Cloke (Coll), D.Swan (Coll)
F: S.Milne (St K), L.Franklin (Haw), A.Goodes (Syd)
Foll: D.Cox (WCE), C.Judd (Carl), G.Ablett (GC)

I/C: M.Boyd (WB), N.Dal Santo (St K), J.Kelly (Geel), D.Petrie (NM)

Captain: Gary Ablett (Geel)
Vice Captain: Chris Judd (Carl)

Remove this Banner Ad

Live All Australian Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back