Live All Australian Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Midfielder dominated side. Losses any credibility it may have had. Poor selections. Pick players where they play.

R Murphy extremely lucky. S Fisher. Birchall, Gibbs, Deledio all ahead of him IMO.

Petrie another lucky one.

Agree with the captain/vice captains, Ablett has been amazing.:thumbsu:

HF should be:

Johnson - Cloke - Fyfe

Midfielders are midfielders. They fight for the spot of best midfielders don't they?

Why do people keep saying fyfe as a forward then he was playing more wing than forward taking great grabs across the midfield and half back line, the bloke kicked 18 goals. Just cause he was a forward in Supercoach doesnt make him a forward in general.

Will be a star...Midfielder... If anyone wants to be mentioned here its probably Sky Walker who's not even in the team!

Bobby and Boydy :)

Thought Goldstein had a better year than Cox. Mumford better than both. Oh well.

Juddy vice captain wtf.

Fair enough when you thin about it. Can't hate on Ablett for what he's done.

Probably one of the only correct decisions all night.

Judd went missing in both finals when his team needed him. That's not leadership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To those complaining about Swan and Murphy on the HF line saying they are midfielders, you are bringing up SJ, who played in the midfield for a hell of a lot early on.

Let me rephrase that for accuracy. SJ played the vast majority of this season at HF, with rotations through the midfield only early in the season. He is a true HFF, and among the best 2 in the AFL this season. The AFL's fetish for the midfielder continues, and will do so on Brownlow night.

As a fan who watches 5+ games a week, every week, over the whole season, my opinion is hardly 'uninformed' and I'm sure this goes for many other fans. I am confident that I watch more footy and have more of a clue than most of the panel of muppets.
Very well said. Sounds like another AA selection debacle. Thompson or Boyd was always 50/50, but I thought Thommo may have had some more outstanding games, I guess not...

Well, at least they got the captain right.

Totally agree - cannot believe how good a captain he has been. As I said in another thread I didn't think he was cut out to be a captain and he has proved me and know doubt others to be wrong

hawthorn finish 3rd on the ladder and only have 2 in the all aust
and the doggies finish bottom 4 and tehy have two in aswell

this award is rubbish

Look I can see why they picked petrie over goldstein as second ruck, but it seems to me they decided to be overly pedantic with the second ruck position (picking also based on forward ability) when they've not bothered with other positions (putting mids in random spots etc).

Goldstein incredibly stiff, but congrats big Drewy

I love big Drew and his comeback from two broken feet has been nothing short of remarkable, but the selectors have gotten this one quite clearly the wrong way around. Given his workload, Goldstein's year has been quite phenomenal.

sigh

another year, another team based on reputation over output. gibson should have been in for sure. that's probably my biggest gripe. swan and murphy at least kicked goals, but i would have had johnson in over one of them probably. but hey, at least we got all the big names in, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Live All Australian Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back