News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s pray your in the ticket office then 😊

They don't really have those anymore, at least in Sydney :p

I am actually a guard, and I have standby shifts a lot, which means sitting around in a room waiting for something to go wrong. I prefer to be watching football during those times :)

I live in a TV transmission shadow so having Foxtel is the best way to watch FTA.

If you have Foxtel you can live stream off the Foxtel go app or via watch.foxtel in the web browser.

You can invite 5 other users via email to use your account too so that might be an option for a family or mates.

I hate Foxtel and the murdocracy but I'm also a ****ing hypocrite

Always thought Kayo was a pretty good deal to be honest. $25 a month for all the sport channels. I don't blink twice about buying a six pack that costs that much (several times a week) lol. I do have unlimited NBN at home for work purposes, but that's still only $60 a month. For watching games when i'm away from home though I keep things to an absolute minimum as I only have 10Gb per month to use.

So the first year costs 60 bucks where it was, what, $90 before, then the second year it goes to 300 bucks, if they leave it at the current price?

So much extra value....

But you only need it for 6 months not 12 and kayo is a month to month sub, like Netflix. No lock in contracts. So year 1 is $30 and year 2 $150.

From the press release...
Kayo will replace Telstra Live Pass in the AFL Live App and NRL Official App, delivering sports fans a world-class experience featuring every AFL and NRL game, of every round, live and ad-break free during play.

So Foxtel has finally got the ad-free rights to channel 7 games. And Footy Play has been rebranded as Fox Footy on Foxtel Go (although Footy Play Plus is still there) so it seems that they can finally get rid of disparity between streaming and broadcast.

(Footy Play was just Fox Footy without the channel 7 games which were on Footy Play Plus so they could get the local channel 7 ads, hopefully Footy Play Plus is only sticking around for the AFLW or something)

but if you buy a premium pass which then means 3 homes can access . $35 per months /3 is $11.67 per month and you get all of kayo not just AFL

I'll be watching 2 sports, AFL and F1. I'll just chuck the sports package onto my Foxtel package for the seasons I guess. No stuffing around then, I get it on the big screen and Foxtel Go on laptop, tablet and phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayo streaming quality is second rate espically when watching on a big screen. Also no dedicated TV app. Great timing Telstra to pull the pin on AfL live during reduced crown capacity in 2021. See ya Telstra overpriced rip-off.

But you only need it for 6 months not 12 and kayo is a month to month sub, like Netflix. No lock in contracts. So year 1 is $30 and year 2 $150.

So it works out to be the same price over the 2 year period plus you get whatever else is going on during the football season. Honestly I am shocked there were people actually using AFL live, I guess the unmetered data was handy for people working away.

Always thought Kayo was a pretty good deal to be honest. $25 a month for all the sport channels. I don't blink twice about buying a six pack that costs that much (several times a week) lol. I do have unlimited NBN at home for work purposes, but that's still only $60 a month. For watching games when I'm away from home though I keep things to an absolute minimum as I only have 10Gb per month to use.
The AFL Live subscription was one of the last things keeping me at Telstra. Been with them for some 20 years.
When I worked out that I could get a better package (cheaper per month with more data) from Optus and the savings even more than catered for paying out my contract early, the AFL subscription didn't seem as important.
I made the switch maybe 6 or so months ago and haven't looked back. Optus also have better packages when upgrading your phone. Whenever I upgraded my phone with Telstra, I'd always get the second best option (couldn't get the plus sized screen or maximum storage without paying too much). Then my wife would upgrade hers with Optus and get all the bells and whistles.
I now pay less per month and have jumped from 10gb to 60gb of data. Plus my wife and I are on data share, so we have 120gb per month to play with between us, which we never come close to.

From the press release...

So Foxtel has finally got the ad-free rights to channel 7 games. And Footy Play has been rebranded as Fox Footy on Foxtel Go (although Footy Play Plus is still there) so it seems that they can finally get rid of disparity between streaming and broadcast.

(Footy Play was just Fox Footy without the channel 7 games which were on Footy Play Plus so they could get the local channel 7 ads, hopefully Footy Play Plus is only sticking around for the AFLW or something)

That just means they will run Foxtel ads instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back