News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kayo is for people in Oz.
I access it via a VPN but they're always trying to geo block VPN's
I'm not sure why really as it's money they've wouldn't be getting.

From their website they say its some sort of marketing agreement or something silly like that. I dont plan to spend $20 A WEEK just to watch matches because Im overseas.

I guess promoting the game overseas is not something the AFL are interested in. If anything they should make streaming AFL from overseas free.
There's enough AFL on overseas channels as it is.

Watchafllive is pretty much for the die hard fans.

I think it's pretty good value as you get Fox Footy as well.

prolly talking about VPN cost...

there's free VPNs, TOR....but be prepared for Shitne$$ if you don't want to pay for VPN, then there's pirate streaming sites but who wants to watch shitty less than 1080p ? I don't.
I pay for a good vpn, Expressvpn but even with that and $25 per month for kayo, it no where near $80 per month.

I pay for a good vpn, Expressvpn but even with that and $25 per month for kayo, it no where near $80 per month.
i use PIA

2 years....AUD3.78/month...rhetorical again...why would you go without VPN ?

i use PIA

2 years....AUD3.78/month...rhetorical again...why would you go without VPN ?
I haven't tried PIA but have tried a few and Expressvpn works best for me.

Even then I have to mess around a bit to get connected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took me to a link for international AFL viewing and it said $20 a week to me...
Probably a lot more expensive paying weekly.
If you go through a club, its about $180 for the season.

** just checked and monthly is $40.
Still better to go through a club IMO.

Last edited:
say $5 for a coffee, x 5 workdays, x 4 weeks = $100 a month, $1200 a year.

So i got an espresso machine instead, money saved go towards Kayo.

1080p, high frame rate, timeshifting, replays on demand...AND World Cornhole Championships
I hate the way people now justify almost any rip off in terms of takeaway coffees to make it seem not so bad. A lot of us are not consuming takeaway coffees everyday. I have Foxtel but I know it's a rip off, other than the AFL it's full of rubbish and way less value than the streaming service competitors like Netflix, Amazon etc

Yeh Ive just found out how to watch it in the Middle East;

It appears I have to pay $199 to watch AFL this year from the ME but I can only watch it on my mobile phone. With the different time zones, I'ii just try and watch the game highlights via the AFL app instead.

If you don't mind a delay, you can usually find games somewhere online a couple of days after they're played. My time zone means I would only watch 2pm starts live. Some clubs offer international memberships with streaming games included. Carlton's is $180, so cheaper and get to support your club.

I hate the way people now justify almost any rip off in terms of takeaway coffees to make it seem not so bad. A lot of us are not consuming takeaway coffees everyday. I have Foxtel but I know it's a rip off, other than the AFL it's full of rubbish and way less value than the streaming service competitors like Netflix, Amazon etc
you say it's a rip off, many say no it's not.

Probably a lot more expensive paying weekly.
If you go through a club, its about $180 for the season.

** just checked and monthly is $40.
Still better to go through a club IMO.
Each club charge differently for this, Crows being the cheapest at $155 (or $15.50 a month for 10 months), going up to $210 for the Swans and Bulldogs, everyone else except Freo in between, Freo don't seem to have one.

If you don't mind a delay, you can usually find games somewhere online a couple of days after they're played. My time zone means I would only watch 2pm starts live. Some clubs offer international memberships with streaming games included. Carlton's is $180, so cheaper and get to support your club.
Yeh I might have to either look at the international streaming membership or just try and watch the highlights of games as my work schedule over here is over the place.

Last edited:
here's what they say for non Australians:

It's also important to note, that if you have a Virtual Private Network (VPN) enabled on your device, you will need to choose to disable it to access Kayo. To disable a VPN, click here .

just FYI, I have VPN on ALL the time, including when watching Kayo programs...I jut have to be connected to an Oz server...it works, so 'technically' you don't have to disable your VPN.

So, the AFL, has just scrapped live pass, with Telstra sending out emails saying to stream live games you now need to pay for Kayo...thanks very much.

Only reason I am with Telstra. Ahh well cya later. I am guessing it’s not data free either.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back