Liverpool FC: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's over I said it a few months ago on a thread and was laughed at by like ten players. Could see it late last season when we were struggling to score. Jota injury prone/hit his peak and is average. Mane was good but people going overboard with his influence if he was still here we'd still be struggling. Diaz doesn't score often. Salah is not the same player and I was hoping he'd piss off but the club gave him new contract. Got a Portugese headbutter for 120 million.

Midfield is all runners and some are injury prone. High intensity game too for so long as the 🤡@moomba said so this isn't helping.

Defence in the shits.. Long road for Liverpool 5 year period of success got us one title and champions league thanks to the oil thugs from Manchester. Won't be long before we get in another manager who is a dud then connect it with owners who run the club responsibly and don't overspend when we need too to stay challenging and in time, we'll be starting with players like David Ngog and Martin Skrtel again.

Future looking bleak ☹️
Cracking Up Lol GIF by NBA on TNT

I fully expect them to finish top four comfortably, however...

I see some interesting similarities to Ferguson's last great United side where ageing legends weren't replaced and Ferguson refused to upgrade the midfield because he "didn't see value in the market" at the time. That United side was incredible but they were in the shadow of Pep's Barcelona team, just as this incredible Liverpool side has largely been overshadowed by Pep's City.

The difference between now and then is that fixture congestion has got out of hand in recent years and Liverpool have been in the thick of everything. When you also factor in Klopp's hesitancy to rotate it does look like things are starting to catch up with them.

What do Liverpool fans think about the strategy of not reinforcing the midfield now and waiting to pursue Bellingham? There's no doubt he's a star but for what it will cost, is he really worth the wait? I think it's a big risk as that midfield needs more reinforcement than just Bellingham moving forward.

I think most pool fans and other fans are overreacting like how is it to this day a shock when a team goes through a rough patch injuries or not, they have one of the best managers in the world, they will be fine.

For now, I'll enjoy their every defeat and them overeacting.

Otherwise players they should target Bellingham, Rice, and Tielemans for their midfield woes.
Rice is too expensive for them

They really need Southampton to start producing players again so they can poach them

I think most pool fans and other fans are overreacting
I see what you're doing. Like when oppo fans tried to cheer on Ole and keep him in the job at United. Pool lost to United is not a surprise but the other results are where the problem is. They couldn't even beat Crystal Palace :D. Whether they keep Klopp or not they're screwed.

I think most pool fans and other fans are overreacting like how is it to this day a shock when a team goes through a rough patch injuries or not, they have one of the best managers in the world, they will be fine.

For now, I'll enjoy their every defeat and them overeacting.

Fans always overreact. It's a bit like when Liverpool got smashed 7-2 in 2020-21 by Villa but they finished 3rd. United lost their opening two games in 1992-93 but won the title.

What do Liverpool fans think about the strategy of not reinforcing the midfield now and waiting to pursue Bellingham? There's no doubt he's a star but for what it will cost, is he really worth the wait? I think it's a big risk as that midfield needs more reinforcement than just Bellingham moving forward.
This is one gripe I have at the minute. Klopp and the club tend to go for players they want and are prepared to wait to get them. I think we are waiting on Bellingham, which is fine, I dont mind waiting 12 months if it means we definitely get him. But the problem is the midfield in 12 months will be even worse. Henderson and Milner another year older. Ox will be gone and Keita too. Thiago another year older.

The only blokes under 30 are Fabinho and I guess Elliott, Carvalho and Jones who havent really nailed down a spot in midfield and are still young and trying to prove themselves at the top level.

So in 12 months time if we get Bellingham we're still gonna need 1-2 midfielders on top of that. So why not get that 1-2 mids now to strengthen us this season and then still bring in Bellingham in 12 months time.

Maybe we havent identified another couple of mids we're that keen on. No idea... but midfield really is a problem area for us at the moment.

This is one gripe I have at the minute. Klopp and the club tend to go for players they want and are prepared to wait to get them. I think we are waiting on Bellingham, which is fine, I dont mind waiting 12 months if it means we definitely get him. But the problem is the midfield in 12 months will be even worse. Henderson and Milner another year older. Ox will be gone and Keita too. Thiago another year older.

The only blokes under 30 are Fabinho and I guess Elliott, Carvalho and Jones who havent really nailed down a spot in midfield and are still young and trying to prove themselves at the top level.

So in 12 months time if we get Bellingham we're still gonna need 1-2 midfielders on top of that. So why not get that 1-2 mids now to strengthen us this season and then still bring in Bellingham in 12 months time.

Maybe we havent identified another couple of mids we're that keen on. No idea... but midfield really is a problem area for us at the moment.
I’m just shocked as to why Milner started over Fabinho.

A midfield of Tiago Hendo and fab is still pretty decent when fully fit.

Yeah very happy with Thiago and Fab. Not sure why Klopp didnt start Fabinho against United. Thiago is obviously injured.

Hendo has gone backwards, Milner is old, Keita is a sick note, Ox is average as **** and Jones, Elliott and Carvalho are all super young. We need massive improvements in midfield. But looks like nothing will be done about it until next summer.

I’ve been a massive Hendo fan for years now. Under Rodgers he was awesome in that title challenging year. However, it was obvious last season that he started to hit a wall. His injury stricken 2020/21 season has probably hastened his decline.
We needed two mids in the transfer market. One would have been Bellingham but Dortmund don’t want to sell him yet. If we don’t find another mid we might miss Top 4 this season.
Chelsea, ManU, Spurs and even Forest ffs have opened up the chequebook. FSG won’t alter from their money ball approach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While they’re in the Premier League?
Well that as well.

That result fills the place with confidence again.

I'd have been more interested to see them play a Man C/Arsenal/Spurs type fixture with their backs against the wall.

Think they'll kick on from here pretty easily.

Well that as well.

That result fills the place with confidence again.

I'd have been more interested to see them play a Man C/Arsenal/Spurs type fixture with their backs against the wall.

Think they'll kick on from here pretty easily.

Still in desperate need of investment. Another midfielder is a must right now. We haven't bought one since Thiago and only then because he was available for 20m.

Simply can't be relying on a couple of kids (Elliot, Carvalho) and grandpa Milner. Infact, we should never be in a position where Milner needs to be starting a PL match again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Liverpool FC: Where to next?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back