Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win. If there is 2 teams I want to beat it blues and cats and we done it 2 weeks in row. For years I supported Bevo but lost faith last season after the WCE lost last season and waivered if he should stay and go. Now have I got the faith back again even though we still have a lot of work to do to play finals. Not sure if it has been mentioned have not read all of the posts but a shout out to Jobe Watson tipping us to do a 2016.

Absolutely, all supporters think they know better than the coaching staff

images - 2024-07-21T083520.743.jpeg

😄😄😄

Never used to be that bad….

Used to be worse in the 70s, was even referred to in the media as a "cow paddock". I remember rocking up to the start of a reserves game in that era, and before they'd even bounced the ball (at 11am) there were chopped up clumps of grass and soil all over it. By the end of the senior game, was barely a blade of grass visible.

That was awesome to watch. Especially in those conditions! Made them look like they didn’t want to be there. I think that was my favourite game to watch over the last couple of years. Complete performance and everyone had an impact and put in the effort. Was impressed with how clean we were with the ball. Although every bounce and dribble did seem to go our way for once!

What a win. Lobb was BOG, the most complete performance by a defender in the entire league this year. The Lobby chants were great.

One of those nights where every single bounce and dump kick ended up in our players hands, it was fantastic. In reality they kicked two of their 7 from a 50m penalty and a Dempsey dive, we really could smacked them by 80.

Side note, ridiculous there are no ramps to walk up the upper levels behind both sets of goals. Just slippery concrete steps.
Well you do know the guy who gave them the money for the stand likes slippery steps….

What a wonderful thing to have defenders that mark the ball, instead of that mindless spoil that can go anywhere.
( remember those 😩)

That back six right now , even without Jones , is a great mix.

Who would have thought this at the start of the year ?

Big big fan of Bramble , great recruiting.
No place for a Gardener even on that paddock King 😜

How glad am I to be so so wrong about this game.
Happy to eat humble pie in fact lots of it

Never underestimate a team with a Libbberrrrrrr in it

Off to eat my pie and gladly

Ps please ignore my post in game day thread before the game 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this top 4 list stuff we're all sounding a bit Kornes here.

However, unlike Kornes, we're saying it because we actually want the best for the club and not to drive our own personal agendas after a bad loss.

On a more serious note, in years past no matter how well we have played we have struggled against top 4 sides. We have just gone back to back with a chance to make it a triple next week. This is the stat that gets me excited for this year and the future, does so much for the teams mental strength.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congratulations to your team. Was worried pregame after your beating of the Blues, and have felt your list is worthy of top 4. Now, completely convinced. That sort of form will worry every team, and Lobb and Buku in defence are revelations. Darcy is scarily good, JUH as well. Enviable talent all over the ground. Swans, Lions, Blues, Dogs, Freo should fight it out this season.

I want to say that I was baffled why we extended Bramble's contract so early when he was giving away multiple easy goals from miskicks but I will put my hand up and say that I was too harsh on him, he has been killing it when he's rebounding aggressively and he & Freijah have left Richards be freed up to play really well in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Back