Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't expect Scott to give any credit to Bevo, but the insufferable campaigner can't even admit they were outplayed onfield.

Hopefully his car has a flat battery and he's stuck at that hole overnight. (Not what I'd actually like to post, obviously! 😉)

Best night at the footy in so long. Standing in front of the Selwood stand, with one absolute legend who was also completely cooked leading 3 of us in doggy doggy doggy ☺️ Seeing so many Geelong fans leave early was beautiful ❤️

What was the fifty against Treloar about?

When is throwing the ball too slowly been a 50?
Because he didn't instantly give him the ball. Not as bad as the soft free kick to Dempsey who turned into Coffield and they came together, should have been play on. Instead home town umpiring at it's finest kicked in and free kick awarded

Has Weightman's game gone to another level since returning? he seems almost complete now
He’s becoming a much more complete player. The knock I always had on Weightman was that he’d go missing for long periods after completing his work up front, just seems more involved of late.

Pushing up a bit higher has helped him, he’s too good a player to not use more in that regard.

He was kind of an undersized CHF at times tonight.

Has Chris Scott whinged about the umpires yet

Just come down to earth.

So good on so many levels. The fact that we belted them, Scott, Cameron, Dangerflog, Channel 7 inexplicably barracking for Geelong (cos you know they're such underdogs 🙄) the umps (yeah you Nicholls), that s***hole of a ground which no opposition fans can get into, Lobb, Freijah, Darcy, Ed, all of our lads. Epic. Edit....TRELOAR ❤️

Percentage booster. For those of us (and there are plenty of us) that lived through the 90s (and 2000s) heartbreak including all the finals against those blue and white p*****, thank you.

To Geelong, get knotted. Then get knotted again. 😜

Excited Season 6 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see 2016 Prelim Jeremy Cameron back tonight 😍

Reminder that Fletcher Roberts kept Jeremy Cameron to 5 touches, 1 mark, 1 behind in a preliminary final. Lobb was great but not quite Fletch levels! ;)

Lobb with get a lot of the credit but Buku was unbelievable. Looked powerful !!!
Going back to the VFL his positioning has improved and has added 1v1 spoiling as he is now in positioning to intercept marking. Credit to him

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Its just dawned on my smooth brain that the rapid rise of Freijah was the key to allowing Richards to play his transformative role in the midfield.

They play in such a similar way by straight lining every ball and using their pace to break the lines.

Not that I value the award much, but he'd have to be in line for a RS nomination very soon.

Last edited:
Time to put your hand up and accept that you were wrong if you thought this isn’t a top four list.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
9th on the ladder last I looked with a lot of young players just starting to step up. Will be a top 4 list very soon but as the Port and Brisbane games show not quite there yet

9th on the ladder last I looked with a lot of young players just starting to step up. Will be a top 4 list very soon but as the Port and Brisbane games show not quite there yet

Next week is a massive test. Massive. Win that and look the hell out. Wowsers. Got to really take it up to them. No regrets.

After that, we are a huge chance and should, yes, should be winning our last four (he says with everything crossed).

Bevo has his critics but you can't tell me that Lobb and Khamis don't play the game that they do if they didn't have confidence to play the game they did because of Bevo's "support, defend and back in the players" emotional intelligence way of builiding relationships and coaching the game. And for those two to back in Bevo after their season where they might be frustrated and let their footy do the talking.

Both would have been either nervous wrecks or just pissed off the back of their seasons so far under other coaches, but instead, they get this game, and the support of the teammates and fans. I may rub a few people the wrong way in this board but by god I love this club.

Great team effort and I am so proud of how the boys played. Just quietly, I may have been wrong about Bramble. Played very well tonight.

My only complaint is how the hell did we stuff up three 666 starts???????
Has any team had two frees for that given against them in a game? It’s almost enough to spoil the win for me ………….. nah just kidding, loved the win tonight. Go Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Back