Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Never thought I’d see the day that Bevo outcoached Chris Scott.

3 points STC:

- Treloar is just incredible. Consistent, skilful, good finish (despite the ball drop in front of goal)

- Bailey Dale & Ed Richards play well, we win.

- Garcia needs to come in for Vandermeer

Chris Scott is a miserable prick.
They beat themselves, apparently.
They had a number of players who were "off".
They kept kicking the ball to our players
We took advantage of some half chances.
He stamped his card on AFL360 after we won the grand final.
Refused to give any credit to Beveridge.
I hope this one really hurts.

Please remember that you are the worst kind of supporter; still happy not to pay another cent while bevo was coach

Oh it's you again, you keep bringing this up as if it's the most important thing in your life. 15% of your total posts on BF have been about my opinion of the current state of our men's program. I'm not sure how many times I have to explain myself but I never said that I would not support the club financially until Bevo was gone, I was specifically talking about the men's program and I stand by it.

This time last year we were on the same number of wins and 5th on the ladder and ended up missing finals. We were promised changes this year and nothing short of making the finals and winning at least one would be considered a down year, considering the way the club carried on over the off-season. We are still leaking far too many goals from our defensive half, missing easy shots and having form swings like no other. These aren't new issues, they have been around for years now and I want to see some change. I'd like nothing more than to see us go deep into September but there is still a very real chance we won't make the finals. Just because I have that opinion doesn't mean I can't enjoy the wins we do have.

I'd argue the worst kind of supporter is one who is obsessed with what others think more than what actually goes on on the field. You also seem to be unaware that there are other ways of financially supporting the club than just through the men's program. Your life must be pretty good if you're worried this much about what another supporter thinks.

Last edited:
Does Bont poll this game? I was so caught up with the mania, I didn't pay close attention like I normally do.

Just based of Memory and Naked eye.

3 - Treloar
2- Ugle-Hagan
1- Bontempelli
I don't think so but he is mid-field. My thoughts are that Richards and Dale need to be considered along with backmen Lobb and Khamis but Brownlow votes don't go to backmen. Check out the Ching thread and ask there.

Chris Scott is a miserable prick.
They beat themselves, apparently.
They had a number of players who were "off".
They kept kicking the ball to our players
We took advantage of some half chances.
He stamped his card on AFL360 after we won the grand final.
Refused to give any credit to Beveridge.
I hope this one really hurts.
Always was, and still is a cocky, arrogant prick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a win. Lobb was BOG, the most complete performance by a defender in the entire league this year. The Lobby chants were great.

One of those nights where every single bounce and dump kick ended up in our players hands, it was fantastic. In reality they kicked two of their 7 from a 50m penalty and a Dempsey dive, we really could smacked them by 80.

Side note, ridiculous there are no ramps to walk up the upper levels behind both sets of goals. Just slippery concrete steps.

Really want to see Jones and Lobb together for an extended period. Dale, Duryea, Frejiah, Khamis and Bramble is a good mix but Coffield has been alright too. Hard to round out the best 7 out of those.

I don't think so but he is mid-field. My thoughts are that Richards and Dale need to be considered along with backmen Lobb and Khamis but Brownlow votes don't go to backmen. Check out the Ching thread and ask there.
This is the beauty of it though. Bont might not win the brownlow because we have too many match winners. I'm sure it won't matter when he's holding up the cup

Oh it's you again, you keep bringing this up as if it's the most important thing in your life. 15% of your total posts on BF have been about my opinion of the current state of our men's program. I'm not sure how many times I have to explain myself but I never said that I would not support the club financially until Bevo was gone, I was specifically talking about the men's program and I stand by it.

This time last year we were on the same number of wins and 5th on the ladder and ended up missing finals. We were promised changes this year and nothing short of making the finals and winning at least one would be considered a down year, considering the way the club carried on over the off-season. We are still leaking far too many goals from our defensive half, missing easy shots and having form swings like no other. These aren't new issues, they have been around for years now and I want to see some change. I'd like nothing more than to see us go deep into September but there is still a very real chance we won't make the finals. Just because I have that opinion doesn't mean I can't enjoy the wins we do have.

I'd argue the worst kind of supporter is one who is obsessed with what others think more than what actually goes on on the field. You also seem to be unaware that there are other ways of financially supporting the club than just through the men's program. Your life must be pretty good if you're worried this much about what another supporter thinks.
The beauty/torture of being a fan is that you can never be truly right, nor truly wrong. I would have sacked Bevo before now, but he proves you right and proves you wrong on a weekly basis.

One thing I would hope even the most ardent Bevo fan would agree on is that our review was about the wettest lettuce to have ever grazed a football department. I don’t mean to berate an individual but there is no way any serious review could find Spangher to be the right man for that particular job - be that judging by credentials or current performance.

Absolutely, all supporters think they know better than the coaching staff, that's half the fun. The way CrumpetAgony carries on it's like he thinks I'm loving it when we lose and shaking my head when we win. I'd like nothing more than to see Bevo become a 2x premiership coach, I just personally think we can't continue on the way it's been going for the last couple of seasons with tremendous form swings, leaking defensive half goals and gifting games to VFL standard players.

At the end of the day we should definitely celebrate wins like tonight regardless of what any of our opinions are.

Was that the first time English has won the hitout battle this season ? He was great, I can't believe Scott didn't play Stanley who got a hold of Tim earlier in the year... Big mistake

That would also have let their best key defender in SDK play back, on Marra or Darcy. He’s the closest defender in the league (besides Lobb) to a height match on Darcy.

Was that the first time English has won the hitout battle this season ? He was great, I can't believe Scott didn't play Stanley who got a hold of Tim earlier in the year... Big mistake
English was really good tonight. I've been his biggest critic. Dekoning and blisvacs pushed him around at stoppages but Tim's best work was behind the ball and the down the option

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Back