Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

He is pretty quick to point out where people should have kicked the ball to him, but when he has the ball, he is worse. Hes a role player with flaws. We should be able to do better eventually.
He can be ill-disciplined and selfish also. Although the selfishness maybe is because he has a low football IQ. I just think he's a dumb player, that you're right....we can do better. Garcia a far better option

If you try to bounce the ball and it skids along the ground (in a wet game, for instance) and you pick it up, it's not an incorrect disposal.

When the Bont paddles the ball in front of him he is in control of it and it's not incorrect disposal. If he is tackled while paddling it along he would be pinged for holding the ball.

The bottom line is Treloar was still in control of the ball and could be tackled but not pinged for incorrect disposal because he didn't dispose of the ball until he kicked it. Unconventional....but not illegal.
That would only be if he took possession first then paddled / dropped or bounced it without disposing of it legally I guess

Who was Sanders' elite handball too in the second half? Set up a clear inside 50 for us?

Memory is a bit hazy
Vandermeer I think. I think it was the one where it got to Darcy who had the great inside 50 to Weightman.

VDM's decision making and skill execution is abysmal, not taking that option to Richards, wow,
still plays in my team however for his defensive work and mongrel.
wish he could learn to play though
I can't see how VDM has a greater upside than what Daniel or Macrae could give us right now at HFF - much better kicking into the 50 and less inaccuracy on goal

Sack Bevo. He is a stubborn coach who makes dumb moves, like putting Lobb at CHB and moving Ed to the middle. What a spud!
I will say something. Some great moves in 2024 in no way make up for all the head scratchers that he's put us through over the years.

Two things can be true - Bevo has a history of being stubborn and Bevo has also made numerous good coaching moves in 2024.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you try to bounce the ball and it skids along the ground (in a wet game, for instance) and you pick it up, it's not an incorrect disposal.

When the Bont paddles the ball in front of him he is in control of it and it's not incorrect disposal. If he is tackled while paddling it along he would be pinged for holding the ball.

The bottom line is Treloar was still in control of the ball and could be tackled but not pinged for incorrect disposal because he didn't dispose of the ball until he kicked it. Unconventional....but not illegal.
If he'd been tackled while the ball was on the ground he'd have got a free kick!

Who was Sanders' elite handball too in the second half? Set up a clear inside 50 for us?

Memory is a bit hazy
Was to VDM who went to Poulter to Darcy who hit Weightman on the tit. Happened right in front of me on the wing.

Bontempelli-esque Gretzky style disposal to where a man should be going.

Exactly why I want Sanders to use his footskills more often. Has a magnificent ability to find teammates and clear congestion for a player so young.

I will say something. Some great moves in 2024 in no way make up for all the head scratchers that he's put us through over the years.

Two things can be true - Bevo has a history of being stubborn and Bevo has also made numerous good coaching moves in 2024.
1) Beveridge isn't dumb. Stubborn? Yes. Dumb? No. He's aware his previous affinity for wacky selection experiments earlier on in the year, was a key factor in the outside noise for his head. The last two weeks he's stuck his head down and committed to a best 23 and the results have been extremely telling.

2) In the past, I believe we have attempted to make-up for an Young Inexperienced Forward line and a severely underdeveloped backline, by throwing tactical spanners at opponents in an attempt to cause some discomfort for the opp coaching unit. Historically However, if the opposition can navigate the early damage, Bevo has often had no answer, no returning punch.

3) At least one more season in the system for the Young Bucks and I think we have a strong enough game day team all around to contend.

Last edited:
Pace and pressure the 2 named offer little to none,

Garcia is the one
100% agree. Garcia is the one we need to get into the team somehow. I’m afraid CDs days are numbered. Won’t be surprised if we try to persuade him to look elsewhere at the end of the season. Hope I’m wrong.

Sack Bevo. He is a stubborn coach who makes dumb moves, like putting Lobb at CHB and moving Ed to the middle. What a spud!

Look I fall in and out of love with Bev all the time,I desperately want to love him all the time ,but it has taken him 2 3/4 seasons to put Lobb back , by his own admission, because he is too good a player not to be in the side and there was no other spot for him.
Don’t think you can call that a master stroke!

And Richard’s , a lot of us wanted Richard’s into the mid field
I reckon you would have eventually made that switch perro when given the chance.

Coaches Votes

Geelong v Western Bulldogs​

9 Adam Treloar (WB)
9 Rory Lobb (WB)
6 Ed Richards (WB)
2 Buku Khamis (WB)
2 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (WB)
1 Bailey Dale (WB)
1 Tom Stewart (GEEL)

Look I fall in and out of love with Bev all the time,I desperately want to love him all the time ,but it has taken him 2 3/4 seasons to put Lobb back , by his own admission, because he is too good a player not to be in the side and there was no other spot for him.
Don’t think you can call that a master stroke!

And Richard’s , a lot of us wanted Richard’s into the mid field
I reckon you would have eventually made that switch perro when given the chance.
I think both of these moves were born from the extensive injuries the team have sustained, but I guess that they could have tried other players, and chose these two, so some kudos go their way.

Coaches Votes

Geelong v Western Bulldogs​

9 Adam Treloar (WB)
9 Rory Lobb (WB)
6 Ed Richards (WB)
2 Buku Khamis (WB)
2 Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (WB)
1 Bailey Dale (WB)
1 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
Easy to work out.

Treloar and Lobb both got a 5 and a 4.

Ed got 3-3 and the rest got 1 or 2. Wonder who gave Bailey a 1 and who gave Tom a 1.

Easy to work out.

Treloar and Lobb both got a 5 and a 4.

Ed got 3-3 and the rest got 1 or 2. Wonder who gave Bailey a 1 and who gave Tom a 1.
I'd put good money on

Bevo

Lobb 5
Treloar 4
Richards 3
Buku 2
Dale 1

And TBF, we've played well across the park if Marra can't make it into Bevo's top 5 in that game. That can only be good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb shines as Dogs thrash Cats at pork barrel stadium 95-48

Remove this Banner Ad

Back