Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
heard on the radio this morning that a st.marys reserves player has been charged after the prelim final. apparently a grovedale player suffered a fractured skull. would the club appeal being a reserves player to try and get him a grand final place? based on the injury concerned you would say he is likely to get suspended. any thoughts on this matter??

From what i know, it was Troy Nolan who was the st mary's player involved.. wasnt exactly his fault for the accident. The grovedale player is suing the grovie footy club for not looking after him properly...

From what i know, it was Troy Nolan who was the st mary's player involved.. wasnt exactly his fault for the accident. The grovedale player is suing the grovie footy club for not looking after him properly...

thats a big thing..what exactly did grovie do to upset the bloke do you know? havent heard anything on a suspension so expecting him to line up in gf 2moro. leading goalkicker at st.marys so an important player i would say.

Did i hear right on k rock sat morn that modda have signed up former grovey big man peter wilkinson he wouldnt have played for 3-4 years and would be 35 or 36 inetresting signing how do people think he will go.

Did i hear right on k rock sat morn that modda have signed up former grovey big man peter wilkinson he wouldnt have played for 3-4 years and would be 35 or 36 inetresting signing how do people think he will go.

Thought he was training for the Winter Olympics bobsled. Should enjoy the cold out at Modda then. Modda, could they ever seriously win a flag. I doubt it.

yer wilko is playing at modda next year but he wont be playin many games cause of his knees and also Luke Primus has been apponited as the New Anglesea Football Club Seniors Coach:thumbsu::)

Lara have announced that Ben Harris is to be their playing coach for the next 2 seasons. Handy player at Spotswood, if you like the "kick it to me" type of midfielder. He will ad um, not sure what he will ad unless they are planning on losing several of their undersized midfielders. I hope for Lara's sake he can bring with him several players over 6'2" because, he is small, his best mate is a small rover and bar 2 or 3 players, the majority of Lara's list is small.

Lara have announced that Ben Harris is to be their playing coach for the next 2 seasons. Handy player at Spotswood, if you like the "kick it to me" type of midfielder. He will ad um, not sure what he will ad unless they are planning on losing several of their undersized midfielders. I hope for Lara's sake he can bring with him several players over 6'2" because, he is small, his best mate is a small rover and bar 2 or 3 players, the majority of Lara's list is small.

SO much for them sacking Normington cos they wanted a quality key position player who can bring lots of players. :rolleyes: By all reports he is a bit of a pisshead as well, should fit in nicely at the Snake Pit. I have a mate at Spotswood who says that league is barely BFL standard as well.

SO much for them sacking Normington cos they wanted a quality key position player who can bring lots of players. :rolleyes: By all reports he is a bit of a pisshead as well, should fit in nicely at the Snake Pit. I have a mate at Spotswood who says that league is barely BFL standard as well.
Ben Harris is a gun and has dominated every league he's played in. Was a star at Camperdown, continued that form at Spotswood and was also good in his early days at Colac. So what if he likes a beer with the boys, he keeps himself in great shape and will be fitter than most GFL onballers. A great get for Lara. Agreed though, he's not a key position player which is what Lara need but none the less a great aquisition. He has been heavily courted by North Shore for the last 2 years. Don't know what Lara said to convince him so quickly to sign?? Not that much closer to Melbourne than North Shore...

conversation would have gone like this
LARA- How much north shore paying you?
HARRIS- This much(add what $ you want)
LARA-- Ok we will DOUBLE it
HARRIS- Screw North Shore were do i sign

That would be the main reason he would have screwed north shore over. Also heard he believes that he can get his brother Adam to leave Colac and join the snakepit

Having watched the past couple of finals series, the top 3-4 sides in the WRFL would be very competitive in the GFL. Don't try and pump up the BFL any more than what it's worth, because I have a fair idea of who your mate is. A superstar in the BFL, a backpocket/flank in the WRFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having watched the past couple of finals series, the top 3-4 sides in the WRFL would be very competitive in the GFL. Don't try and pump up the BFL any more than what it's worth, because I have a fair idea of who your mate is. A superstar in the BFL, a backpocket/flank in the WRFL.

Not sure who u are talking about, but my mate is an official there, not a player. I will take your word for it, I was just going on what he told me - he may have been bitter that Harris had been taken away from them! :D

A good player in a Div1/Major league will be a good player in any other Div 1/Major league. Carson bro's both played in WRFL didn't they??

I have watched a bit of both WRFL and GFL, played against Sth Barwon of the past few years and Spotswood, and I think they would be fairly close in match ups. I also believe both pay similar budgets of around the $150k a season on players, and both are very decent sides. The bottom teams in the WRFL fall away from the GFL, and that is where the gap in quality lies.

rumour has it that a successful north shore coach in the 90's is hoping to spoil the potential back to back party of a former teammate of his, and current coach of a rival BFL side by coaching Ocean Grove

was running last night and saw big peter street talking to ammo's coach trav robertson, would be a huge get, especially if some of there big men are leaving as has been suggested

Speaking of bitter, it didn't take long for you to stick the boots in. The Club tried to find an ex AFL 6' 6" centre half forward playing coach who is an on-field leader, non-drinker and with 17 mates who were willing to follow him wherever he went but surprisingly when we shook the football tree none fell out. How about giving Harris a chance to prove himself in the GFL before you suck your lemon.

I'm not sure if this is the right league, but who are some good players from Leopold U18 and Seniors

I'm not sure if this is the right league, but who are some good players from Leopold U18 and Seniors

Yeh its the right league!
In the 18's Ryan Rich won the League B&F and the medal for Geelongs best player in the interleague carnival. Daniel Hovey and Jack Stephens are another two handy players.
In the 1s James Walker, Cam Wright, Tim Marshall, Lee Purton and Brad Grills would be a few of the good players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back