Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I played on him back when he was playing 2's at Drysdale, he must have improved a bit coz even i was better than him back then.

Yeh, certaintly has. 3rd In the B&F this year. Took the best foward each week and rarely got beaten! Only exception was the raping he got from Mensch in the last round! hahaha

So who will be departing from st mary's side this year?
Looks like sean mcdougall will be heading their from North Ballarat. Might not be a walk up start but will add depth to already strong midfield

it all depends on whether greaves will play, was able to stand up this season but not sure if he can handle another pre-season as the standard of gfl is getting higher and higher and the quality of training has increased dramatically. excellent pick up though, will free up jas tom as you said, if tom limb stays from north ballarat that provides another tall marking option around the ground.
have you ever seen him before? because he is not a tall marking option...182cm is not tall. and i know for a fact that if he is not at north next year he is going back to queenscliff to play with all his brothers.

have you ever seen him before? because he is not a tall marking option...182cm is not tall. and i know for a fact that if he is not at north next year he is going back to queenscliff to play with all his brothers.

have you got some inside info on the limb boys because all of his brothers would be returning to queenscliff with him as michael and matt both played at leopold this season and have been there last few years (apart from matt missing last year) and blake has also played at leopold. i didnt see tom play the 1 game for leopold he did play in but have seen him up close and he appeared larger than 182 when standing next to him.

It seems the 18 and a half concept was almost over the line but has been put on the backburner. A graded Football Geelong U18 comp is still very much on the agenda.

im pretty sure there was an 18.5 back in 2001 in the under 18 comp, coz myself and many others turned 19 during the season and we still qualified as the cut off date was july 1 i think. it did run for a couple seasons if i remember correctly and it was quite handy for anyone who was not ready for taking that step straight into senior footy.

im pretty sure there was an 18.5 back in 2001 in the under 18 comp, coz myself and many others turned 19 during the season and we still qualified as the cut off date was july 1 i think. it did run for a couple seasons if i remember correctly and it was quite handy for anyone who was not ready for taking that step straight into senior footy.

it was definatley 18.5 in 2004 as i recall we were going to start the season with what i expected to be a pretty good team for under 18's then we got a few more blokes under this rule that could play a bit and it was very handy...

i did hear that newtown pushed this heavily with the league this year as they were losing players to gdfl because they could still play in the gdfl under 18 competition where at the same age they would be forced to play senior football in the gfl...

Whats Grigc doing Tomma? Staying at BPH or going back to Park?

ask anyone from bell park and they'll say he's coming back but ask anyone from bell post and they will say he is staying haha...

i know for a fact half way through last year he wanted to come back however bell post hills strong finish to the season restored some hope. both clubs have put offers on the table but yeh its up in the air at the moment...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funnily enough he walked past my work about an hour ago.

Rick Wilde to Newcomb as ruck coach but unlikely to play due to ankle problems...

Dinos are also chasing Adam Holland from Leopold as assistant coach.... however he is good mates with Matty Sproule, so could end up at Ocean Grove.

Doug Scott also a chance to be at the Grove..

Talking of Scotts... both Drysdale bro's have returned to Hawks nest...

Jarrod Garth is being chased by an Ovens and Murray club

Matt Sproule has been contacted about Blue West job but knocked it back...

The Forbes brothers' look set to head to Belmont Lions, good mates with Murphy...

Rick Wilde to Newcomb as ruck coach but unlikely to play due to ankle problems...

Dinos are also chasing Adam Holland from Leopold as assistant coach.... however he is good mates with Matty Sproule, so could end up at Ocean Grove.

Doug Scott also a chance to be at the Grove..

Talking of Scotts... both Drysdale bro's have returned to Hawks nest...

Jarrod Garth is being chased by an Ovens and Murray club

Matt Sproule has been contacted about Blue West job but knocked it back...

The Forbes brothers' look set to head to Belmont Lions, good mates with Murphy...

FTB the man with the goss, good info pal.

ask anyone from bell park and they'll say he's coming back but ask anyone from bell post and they will say he is staying haha...

i know for a fact half way through last year he wanted to come back however bell post hills strong finish to the season restored some hope. both clubs have put offers on the table but yeh its up in the air at the moment...
Could the return be related to the fact that the job BPH sourced for him has dried up?

I heard Scott was going to Torquay.
I also heard that Matty Sproule is off to St Joseph's as Assist Coach and taking the Rock's and Riccardo with him.
Bell Park are at it again chasing 3 from Grovedale incuding Davenport. Probably not a good time for a new coach to go Overseas.

i am now 90% sure grgic is staying at bell post as an assistant coach...

also bell park has signed davenport and he has been going to training which is old news, the other two from grovedale would be hayden graham and wayne barrett who i believe are close to a deal if not done...

From talking to people involved on boards at both joeys and newtown recently. Sounds like Street will play at Newtown if he plays in the GFL at all.
His wife/fiancee lives and works here and he has confirmed playing for them if he lives in Geelong.
Mensch and Graham are both very close to go to Newtown. Graham has spoken to every club except colac apparently..
Sam Chapman will miss next year being overseas, but Damian Harrington is possibly going to return.

Joeys havent really looked at getting anyone high profiled this year... have had a lot of players come speak to them, but are happy with their youth.

I heard Scott was going to Torquay.
I also heard that Matty Sproule is off to St Joseph's as Assist Coach and taking the Rock's and Riccardo with him.
Bell Park are at it again chasing 3 from Grovedale incuding Davenport. Probably not a good time for a new coach to go Overseas.
rock going to GWSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back