Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know who actually got the ocean grove job? heard off a mate that it was getting decided this week sometime?

Few smal bits of news courtesy of the Addy.

Marc Woolnough no longer co coach of St Marys, gone to coach Uni Blacks in the VAFA.

Ammos David Mitchell confirmed off to Hoppers Crossing but Ammos dont appear to be losing anyone else of note.

Ocean Grove coaching job out of Sproule, Ric Wilde, Doug Scott and Matt Payne, with Payne the favorite.

Marc Woolnough story a week old... heard it on K-Rock last week... and they actually spoke to Woolnough

Ocean Grove job to be decided after AGM on Sunday... and it won't be Sprouley...

And if the Addy knew anything, and if its not Brad Green... they don't...it's not Payne alone... Greg Mervin is also involved...

Rumor has it James Podsiadly is heading to St Albans for massive money. Anyone know any figures if true? At a guess I'd say $35,000 plus for a player like that.

Get set for SANFL clubs to do a mini-raid of the GFL. Batchelor is South Aust I believe so maybe he would accompany Garth?

garth has had offers from everywhere but has not decided to stay or go, he wants to play for bell park but has just moved to melbourne where larger offers are coming obviously so just have to wait n see. as for batchelor, he's pretty well set up here and there is nothng to suggest he's looking to move back...

Garth gone and Batchalor has signed for 2 years, believe Bell Park and a few other clubs are keen to get Luke Buckland from Sth Barwon I know his brother Trent has been approached by 3 clubs and I believe he is talking to one of those clubs. Tim Sheringham maybe on the move to Grovedale while his brother Jackson is coming home to Bell Park from Werribee.

Garth gone and Batchalor has signed for 2 years, believe Bell Park and a few other clubs are keen to get Luke Buckland from Sth Barwon I know his brother Trent has been approached by 3 clubs and I believe he is talking to one of those clubs. Tim Sheringham maybe on the move to Grovedale while his brother Jackson is coming home to Bell Park from Werribee.

macpop u have just destroyed any credibility u may have had saying sheringham is going to grovedale as it could not be further from the truth...

the other sheringham is in discussions but nothing is set in stone...

Tommahawk I didn't say he is, I said he maybe, I was at Grovedale Hotel and he was talking to 4 Grovedale match committee people all sitting nice and tight around a table. I don't no what happened after that.

Tommahawk I didn't say he is, I said he maybe, I was at Grovedale Hotel and he was talking to 4 Grovedale match committee people all sitting nice and tight around a table. I don't no what happened after that.

wayne barretts had meetings with about 50 clubs mate but ppl dont come on here and say he might be going to every club hes had a meeting with because its just speculation and you did say that jackson is coming back to bell park which is far from confirmed as well...

come back when u have something concrete...

Rumor has it James Podsiadly is heading to St Albans for massive money. Anyone know any figures if true? At a guess I'd say $35,000 plus for a player like that.

If true would be one of the best recruits going around, would kick a ton of goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wayne barretts had meetings with about 50 clubs mate but ppl dont come on here and say he might be going to every club hes had a meeting with because its just speculation and you did say that jackson is coming back to bell park which is far from confirmed as well...

come back when u have something concrete...

come on tommahawk it is the silly season dont get upset when people talk about bell park they will buy a premership sooner or later

I dont know who your sources are but one of mine has told me that the younger of the Bucklands had been contacted by 4 clubs but has confirmed his loyalty to South Barwon and it will be South or nowhere.

I think the real question is, Why do clubs want this kid?? From what I've seen, he is a role player at best and was lucky to play as many senior games as he did this year.

Leopold has signed Jeremy Larcombe for 2009...........key defender who has spent time at Camperdown & more recently Grovedale.

Leopold has signed Jeremy Larcombe for 2009...........key defender who has spent time at Camperdown & more recently Grovedale.

Good signing by Leopold. Added more strength to their spine. Will allow Thom to stay down forward with Greavesy.

Good signing by Leopold. Added more strength to their spine. Will allow Thom to stay down forward with Greavesy.

it all depends on whether greaves will play, was able to stand up this season but not sure if he can handle another pre-season as the standard of gfl is getting higher and higher and the quality of training has increased dramatically. excellent pick up though, will free up jas tom as you said, if tom limb stays from north ballarat that provides another tall marking option around the ground.

Not to mention a few games for Geelong in the VFL.
This is a huge get for Leopold, Larcombe is in the top 3 defenders in the league if not the best!
Purton, Larcombe & Tim Marshall makes for a pretty imposing backline!

Not to mention a few games for Geelong in the VFL.
This is a huge get for Leopold, Larcombe is in the top 3 defenders in the league if not the best!
Purton, Larcombe & Tim Marshall makes for a pretty imposing backline!
Who is this bloke Toffee?

Who is this bloke Toffee?

tim marshall was recruited from drysdale last season and has shown to be pretty solid across the back half. also played cricket with leopold which i think was a key in getting him across as he knew alot of the boys already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back