Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
tim finnigan, so an interesrting game at burdoo reserve. i heard from all reports umpire was terrible and that it maybe played a part in the end result??

umpiring had nothing to do with the result. there were bad decisions that went both ways. after lara kicked the first 3 goals of the last quarter they looked like they were going to run away with it easily. to grovey's credit the dug deep and found a little extra. if sam clark would stop playing for free kicks every time he goes near the ball he would be alot better player.

geez daine taylor passes the ball well by foot. one of the best kicks in the geelong region i'd say. i know he can be hot and cold but yesterday he was definitely hot.

umpiring had nothing to do with the result. there were bad decisions that went both ways. after lara kicked the first 3 goals of the last quarter they looked like they were going to run away with it easily. to grovey's credit the dug deep and found a little extra. if sam clark would stop playing for free kicks every time he goes near the ball he would be alot better player.

geez daine taylor passes the ball well by foot. one of the best kicks in the geelong region i'd say. i know he can be hot and cold but yesterday he was definitely hot.

The umpiring was disgusting yesterday the downfield free kick grovey got deep in the last when ben patrick bumped the grovey bloke as he kicked it was the worst desicion ive possibly ever seen. Your right tho beaublazer the umpires didnt cost lara the game infact i felt they were worse towards grovey.

Daine Taylor has a beautiful kick but i reckn he's not even the best kick at grovey. For me Brown has the best left foot down there.

2 massive games coming up Grovedale. Newtown next week followed by North Shore, they win them 2 and they'll be 7-5 and could be in the top 5:thumbsu:

Just thought id make a comment on the issue of pokies and footy clubs.

I used to go out with a girl who worked at the lara sports club now i could be wrong here so if i am maybe hbk_aus could fill us in but im pretty sure the bistro at lara is actually a seperately owned business that has nothing to do with the sports club.

Obviously they'd get a bit of extra coin from there pokies,tab machine and bar but it wouldnt be as much as people think because unlike most clubs that have footy, netball and cricket the money lara generate has to be spread amongst the football club the netball club the cricket the lara little league the baseball club plus the soccer club so at the end of the day thats alot of places the money has to go.

The umpiring was disgusting yesterday the downfield free kick grovey got deep in the last when ben patrick bumped the grovey bloke as he kicked it was the worst desicion ive possibly ever seen. Your right tho beaublazer the umpires didnt cost lara the game infact i felt they were worse towards grovey.

Daine Taylor has a beautiful kick but i reckn he's not even the best kick at grovey. For me Brown has the best left foot down there.

2 massive games coming up Grovedale. Newtown next week followed by North Shore, they win them 2 and they'll be 7-5 and could be in the top 5:thumbsu:
Maybe now people who know nothing will lay off Pete Raidme and the TFC players he recruited. Brown is ex AFL and TFC b/f, Murfitt, Wall, Johnson are all BFL rep players, Mackenzie was one of TFC's top 3 juniors and Montgomery and Giglio were senior players as well. Grayling was the clubs No1 ruckman until he turned to triathalon a couple of years ago. Wont mention Raidme and Taylor as they came in last year. Apart from Brown none of them are over 23!!!. Quality young footballers at a fraction of the cost the big spenders fork out. Kudos Pete Raidme and to Grovey for backing what he is doing. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Just thought id make a comment on the issue of pokies and footy clubs.

I used to go out with a girl who worked at the lara sports club now i could be wrong here so if i am maybe hbk_aus could fill us in but im pretty sure the bistro at lara is actually a seperately owned business that has nothing to do with the sports club.

Obviously they'd get a bit of extra coin from there pokies,tab machine and bar but it wouldnt be as much as people think because unlike most clubs that have footy, netball and cricket the money lara generate has to be spread amongst the football club the netball club the cricket the lara little league the baseball club plus the soccer club so at the end of the day thats alot of places the money has to go.

I was under the impression that the bistro is part of the sporting club T.F. But you are right, there are a lot of different areas to spread it around now, especially since I think the Golf Club has also come under the Lara S.C umbrella as well. I may be wrong.

lol come on they are not GFL standard we know Grovey will definately not finish in the 5 they have to recruit better players.
MY turn to LOL....if they are not up to GFL standard Grovey wouldn't win a game...check groveys best players to date and I think you will find most of them get a regular mention. You're right Grovey wont make the top 5 but now are now well placed to have a real impact over the next couple of seasons provided they can find the dollars for the half dozen top notch players they lack right now. :thumbsu:

Maybe now people who know nothing will lay off Pete Raidme and the TFC players he recruited. Brown is ex AFL and TFC b/f, Murfitt, Wall, Johnson are all BFL rep players, Mackenzie was one of TFC's top 3 juniors and Montgomery and Giglio were senior players as well. Grayling was the clubs No1 ruckman until he turned to triathalon a couple of years ago. Wont mention Raidme and Taylor as they came in last year. Apart from Brown none of them are over 23!!!. Quality young footballers at a fraction of the cost the big spenders fork out. Kudos Pete Raidme and to Grovey for backing what he is doing. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Raidme is doing a brilliant job at grovey this season and the side are definately doing alot better than anyone thought they would. Brown is just a class act, wall's been really good and johnson had gfl experience previously with st marys and has been very solid this year. Montgomery and giglio have done very well also.

I dont think they will make finals this year but if they can have 8-9 wins at the end of the season you'd have to say it would have been a pretty good year. Also with the cultre changing on and off the field hopefully this can be the start of some good times for the grovey boys:thumbsu:

I was under the impression that the bistro is part of the sporting club T.F. But you are right, there are a lot of different areas to spread it around now, especially since I think the Golf Club has also come under the Lara S.C umbrella as well. I may be wrong.

She worked there over 2 years ago and im pretty sure at that time it was a seperate business that just happened to be at the footy club, obviously it may have changed now so im not sure?

Ps. Best chicken parmi's in geelong at the lara sporto:thumbsu:

Raidme is doing a brilliant job at grovey this season and the side are definately doing alot better than anyone thought they would. Brown is just a class act, wall's been really good and johnson had gfl experience previously with st marys and has been very solid this year. Montgomery and giglio have done very well also.

I dont think they will make finals this year but if they can have 8-9 wins at the end of the season you'd have to say it would have been a pretty good year. Also with the cultre changing on and off the field hopefully this can be the start of some good times for the grovey boys:thumbsu:

-What is Brown's background?

-Can now see how Lara's pokie revenue would have been dispersed, etc. What about club's like North Shore and Bell Park? Surely, the Sports Club wouldn't just have a separate business run this side of the venue and only charge them rent?! Assume both NS & BP only have football and to a very, very lesser extent cricket to disperse funds to. Thoughts?

lol come on they are not GFL standard we know Grovey will definately not finish in the 5 they have to recruit better players.

I tell you what if Torquay had of been able to retain all of those players that were mentioned they would be a far superior side to Amatuers, without a doubt.
Montgomery is a class act and always has been. I still can't believe he was stuck in a back-pocket at TFC for the last 3 years.
He'd have to be up there in the B & F at grovey wouldn't you say Tim?

I tell you what if Torquay had of been able to retain all of those players that were mentioned they would be a far superior side to Amatuers, without a doubt.
Montgomery is a class act and always has been. I still can't believe he was stuck in a back-pocket at TFC for the last 3 years.
He'd have to be up there in the B & F at grovey wouldn't you say Tim?

Someone at torquay obviously didnt rate these boys which is puzzling as they've made a pretty good impression at gfl level.

I'd think montgomery would be up there for sure but ive gotta say alot of older grovey boys have been pretty good also.

-What is Brown's background?

-Can now see how Lara's pokie revenue would have been dispersed, etc. What about club's like North Shore and Bell Park? Surely, the Sports Club wouldn't just have a separate business run this side of the venue and only charge them rent?! Assume both NS & BP only have football and to a very, very lesser extent cricket to disperse funds to. Thoughts?

Lara is basically a town just outside geelong ( i think thats how lara folk think! ) where half the town drink at the lara pub whilst the other half go to the sporto so i'd say there sports club would probably do a fair bit more business than bell parks and north shores, who have more pubs and pokies venues closer to them than lara.

North shore also have the little league where some of the money would have to go. And you only get a small % of the money generated from pokies with tabaret obviously getting the lions share.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She worked there over 2 years ago and im pretty sure at that time it was a seperate business that just happened to be at the footy club, obviously it may have changed now so im not sure?

Ps. Best chicken parmi's in geelong at the lara sporto:thumbsu:
Had a few parmi's in your life have we :confused:

Apprently it was mentioned on Krock the other day that Pete Davenport and Wayne Barrett are disgruntled at Bell Park and wanted to return home to Grovedale. At 1st i thought it was a ridiculous rumour but after speaking to certain people i now believe there may be some merit to this story.

I cant say to much about it but watch this space....

Apprently it was mentioned on Krock the other day that Pete Davenport and Wayne Barrett are disgruntled at Bell Park and wanted to return home to Grovedale. At 1st i thought it was a ridiculous rumour but after speaking to certain people i now believe there may be some merit to this story.

They were disgruntled at grovedale last year weren't they...?
You have to start to question both of these blokes character a bit then don't you if this is true?

They were disgruntled at grovedale last year weren't they...?
You have to start to question both of these blokes character a bit then don't you if this is true?

Barrett was actually at Werribee last year and played just 1 game for grovey when Werribee had a bye. I think there was alot of shit goin on behind the scenes at grovey for a few years which is a big reason for the mass exodus at before this season. The club wouldv'e been happy to see the backs of a few of the boys but defiantely not all of them.

Not sure what the clubs take on these 2 wanting to come back would be but i'd imagine they'd welcome Barrett back with open arms as he's an ex junior and i'd say they'd take davenport back to. We'll see what happens...

Probably because he was playing Reserves.

Where do you get your imformation from timmy.:confused::confused:

Could be the reason but also remember that they both have alot of mates playing at grovey espicially Barrett who'd been there since he was 13.
Maybe it could be as simple as they both regretted leaving? who knows.
Would they have daveport back after all the trouble he caused there:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back