Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised there has been no talk of the Joeys vs South game. Apparently south having their entire first qtr score wiped for having 18 players on the field when one of their players had been yellow carded. Turns out that the score that they had wiped ended up being the difference between the two sides at the end of the game.

I thought the send off rule was clear cut, player gets a yellow card he's off for 15 minutes and cant be replaced. Player gets red card team has to play rest of the game with 17 men on the field. Obviously the astute coaching panel at South weren't aware of this:p

As for the losing margain being the same what they were winning by before there score got wiped, dont think it mattered to much as there was still 3/4's of the game to play. Will play each other in the granny this year i think.

I thought the send off rule was clear cut, player gets a yellow card he's off for 15 minutes and cant be replaced. Player gets red card team has to play rest of the game with 17 men on the field. Obviously the astute coaching panel at South weren't aware of this:p

As for the losing margain being the same what they were winning by before there score got wiped, dont think it mattered to much as there was still 3/4's of the game to play. Will play each other in the granny this year i think.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2009/07/06/82601_geelong_sports.html

Corrigan said as much by the looks of it

Is that a pot shot at me mate?? If you read back a few pages you should find that i am definately not a faceless indvidual. Didn't one of them supposedly throw his jumper at the coach? Nothin supposed about it coz it actually happened, ask tommahawk mate he plays out there. Davenport did ring grovey inquiring about the possibillitie of returning, again nothin made up there just pure fact. I bought up the rumour id heard about the meeting between Football Geelong and St Albans to see if anyone else had heard the same thing, who is that meant to hurt??

Potter left St Albans coz they told him they were chopping his $700 a game in half ( still far to much money for the fairy ). He told them he accepted that and that he understood there decision. Next day he's put in a clearance back to Greenvale. Feel free to correct me if im wrong on that.

Ps- sorry if this has offended anyone:eek:
Timmy do you know what GROVEDALES answer was to DAVENPORT:confused:

Timmy do you know what GROVEDALES answer was to DAVENPORT:confused:

Not sure what there answer was but one bloke i was speaking to didnt want him back. Not sure if the coach or commitee have the same view or not. Any particullar reason you've got the words Grovedale and Davenport in capital letters wiseoldman???

Not sure what there answer was but one bloke i was speaking to didnt want him back. Not sure if the coach or commitee have the same view or not. Any particullar reason you've got the words Grovedale and Davenport in capital letters wiseoldman???

Why is it that we keep hearing that Davenport's time at Grovedale was a chequered history and that a lot of club people don't want him back. Would be good to know the true story there.

Why is it that we keep hearing that Davenport's time at Grovedale was a chequered history and that a lot of club people don't want him back. Would be good to know the true story there.

I thought he was good value for grovey in his time here and so did alot of people. Sometimes he may have been a bit outspoken but he never really did anything wrong except the game at Colac last year where he walked off the ground in the 1st quarter.

There was some allegations directed at him by certain people that i cant go into on here but needless to say they were unproven allegations.

The only reason you keep hearing about him on here is coz blokes like wiseoldman who hasn't got nothin to do with the club anymore, ( when was the last time you were up at burdoo wiseoldman??? ) continue bringing it up. I dont know what you've got against him wiseoldman considering you've never met the bloke and your involved with Belmont lions now???

I thought he was good value for grovey in his time here and so did alot of people. Sometimes he may have been a bit outspoken but he never really did anything wrong except the game at Colac last year where he walked off the ground in the 1st quarter.

There was some allegations directed at him by certain people that i cant go into on here but needless to say they were unproven allegations.

The only reason you keep hearing about him on here is coz blokes like wiseoldman who hasn't got nothin to do with the club anymore, ( when was the last time you were up at burdoo wiseoldman??? ) continue bringing it up. I dont know what you've got against him wiseoldman considering you've never met the bloke and your involved with Belmont lions now???
Who was the somebody at the club that said that they would not have him back.AND WHY????.What do you have to do with the club one game forrest ressie player
I went to one game this year and they where crap.Didnt see you there you must have played for forrest that day and got your two kicks:D:D

Who was the somebody at the club that said that they would not have him back.AND WHY????.What do you have to do with the club one game forrest ressie player
I went to one game this year and they where crap.Didnt see you there you must have played for forrest that day and got your two kicks:D:D

Easy now lads...

Some of these comments wiseoldman make you sound like a "BOGAN" when you clearly have no connection to the club:cool:

Some of these comments wiseoldman make you sound like a "BOGAN" when you clearly have no connection to the club:cool:

Saw you up at Burdoo on saturday Bobby with the lens around your neck:D You still coaching North Shore's u18's or just sticking to the nursing and amateur phtography:D. Your spot on about wiseoldman being a "BOGAN" tho Bobby maybe if he took his Belmont lions eye patch off he could maybe make insightful comments about other clubs instead of just hanging shit on grovey:thumbsu:

Saw you up at Burdoo on saturday Bobby with the lens around your neck:D You still coaching North Shore's u18's or just sticking to the nursing and amateur phtography:D. Your spot on about wiseoldman being a "BOGAN" tho Bobby maybe if he took his Belmont lions eye patch off he could maybe make insightful comments about other clubs instead of just hanging shit on grovey:thumbsu:
Just another stupid comment again timmy.As for bobby j i think he got demoted to the u16's .I thought you would have known that being one of his FAVOURITES winning three bobby medals:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets get back down to the real issues here:

Will the top 5 change before the end of the season?

Who is the favourite to take out this years Premiership.

Personally I don't think the top 5 will change and I think St Mary's if they have a full list available although I would not count out South Barwon.

Lets get back down to the real issues here:

Will the top 5 change before the end of the season?

Who is the favourite to take out this years Premiership.

Personally I don't think the top 5 will change and I think St Mary's if they have a full list available although I would not count out South Barwon.

Top 5 won't change. St Marys will meet Sth Barwon in the GF and J Sheringham will win the Mathiseon Medal.

Ammos looking to embarrass Ocean Grove again down at Queens Park just like we did in the Prelim last year. The magoos should bounce back nicely as well after a shock loss last round. Just another day at the office for the "juggernaut".

St. Marys at fullstrength are the best team in the comp, so they should make the granny. And I reckon Colac and South Barwon will battle it out in the premlim again like last year

Ammos looking to embarrass Ocean Grove again down at Queens Park just like we did in the Prelim last year. The magoos should bounce back nicely as well after a shock loss last round. Just another day at the office for the "juggernaut".
typical ammo supporter pumping your tyres up already,will be good to c you guys lose again..

St. Marys at fullstrength are the best team in the comp, so they should make the granny. And I reckon Colac and South Barwon will battle it out in the premlim again like last year

Grovey to beat Bell Park in rond 16 and overtake them in 5th spot:eek::eek: Nah top 5 wont change, the side's in there now are a cut above the rest of the league. St Mary's on paper are probably the best team but i think South will play Joeys in the big 1. Cant discount St Mary's or Colac two very good side's that could easily win it this year. Bell Park just making up the numbers.

What odd's would i get for South Barwon into Queenscliff into East Geelong? Reckn i'd clean out the Grovey hotel's safe;)

Mate you are a deadset fu*king flog. Since 2000 you bloke's have only lost 38 games and drawn 2 for a good return of 2 premierships, top effort.

Play in 15 straight grand final's like that side that you think you'll embarrass 2moro or win 6 straight like North Shore did then you can call your club a "juggernaut". Cant wait to hear the excuse's that will start rolling outta Queens Park when Queenscliff roll you ********s in the granny:thumbsu:

Mate you are a deadset fu*king flog. Since 2000 you bloke's have only lost 38 games and drawn 2 for a good return of 2 premierships, top effort.

Play in 15 straight grand final's like that side that you think you'll embarrass 2moro or win 6 straight like North Shore did then you can call your club a "juggernaut". Cant wait to hear the excuse's that will start rolling outta Queens Park when Queenscliff roll you ********s in the granny:thumbsu:

If there is one thing that I want to see in local footy this year it would be seeing the ammos get knocked off in the big one. Would be even better to see them not make it!
Are they the most hated team in Geelong?

Not doing you or your club any favours here.

'Juggernauts' or good sides win premierships not just lots of games; ie. North Shore, Sth Barwon, Brisbane Lions. Geelong has won what; 55 out of 59 or something like that but if they again fail to win the flag; it means nothing. After all, who remembers how many actual games Nth Melbourne won in '75, '76, '77? We just know they won two flags in that period.

Obviously some sides are only in it for the ride and are not evenly matched. How else do you explain scores like 190vs 15(!)n143vs 61.Feel sorry for the supporters who give their heart and soul to the clubs.As the saying goes you are only as good as your opposition. Beating a weak side is nothing to crow about.

You are the biggest knob head on this board. You do not have a juggernaut, you morons have won 2 flags and been at the top of the ladder for the passed 10 years, does that constitute a 'juggernaut'?

You are a bunch of arrogant toss bags and the whole footballing community hates your team. And it is true floggers like yourself who emphasize this opinion.

Go back to your little boyfriends and piss off out of here because we like to have a chat about local footy, not having to listen to your pathetic posts every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back