Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a choke by Colac, the big margin will be worrying. Drysdale have got the choke tag off their back for now.
But if you want to see the biggest choke of the year look no further than the Geelong Amateurs reserves. On top of the ladder going into the last round of the year and then out of the finals in straight sets. Choke of the year, typical soft effort from Ammos.

Bit of a choke by Colac, the big margin will be worrying. Drysdale have got the choke tag off their back for now.
But if you want to see the biggest choke of the year look no further than the Geelong Amateurs reserves. On top of the ladder going into the last round of the year and then out of the finals in straight sets. Choke of the year, typical soft effort from Ammos.

I know it was only their reserves side but gee it was great too see the ammos out in straight sets!
Scores level at 3 quarter time and the ammos were kicking with a 4 goal breeze and they didnt even fire a shot.

In the main game on Sunday the Jamieson vs. water-boy fight was a classic! Anyone know if he got reported for it?

That water boy wouldn't have happened to be Peter Preece would it?
Cheeky bugger
Queenscliff looked very average after quarter time, don't know if the Hawks have got the talent to go all the way.
I watched Colac get off to a flyer on Saturday and then just went missing for the last two and a half quarters.
Joeys desperate, they may worry South Barwon.
Colac will struggle to beat Bell Park on that effort.
If South barwon win this week it would be tough for anyone to beat them as they will be well rested.

I posted this back in mid July.

Listening to K Rock on Saturday and Bluey McGrath said there were a few rumblings of discontent in the coaching ranks down at Ocean Grove. Seemed pretty sure about what he said.

Not sure if there are any legs to this but Bluey wouldnt say it is there wasnt i would have thought.

Noticed that Ocean Grove had an ad in the Addy on Saturday for a new senior coach. Sounds like the Payne/Mervyn combo didnt quite work out. Any reports from down there. They werent that bad this year.

Bad luck to turbo anderson who broke his wrist on that horrible bike track that goes round the west oval. Turbo has had a great year for the dragons after crossing over from modda at the start of the season. Can any of you colac flogs that were on here mouthing off a few weeks ago come back on and let us know your excuses for a terrible performance on the wknd and how the sister club relationship with the drysdale footy club is going???

Anyone got a tip for the Les Ash medal??? I can't really think of one player really standing out should be a close count.
Team of the year???

colac were disgraceful after quarter time, without doubt one of their worst performances of the year. they've got an ordinary record at west oval in finals. i'm sure they'll put up more of a fight this week at skilled

Just in regards to there fantastic finals records mate. Pete Davenport has applied for the vacant coaching position at St Albans.

thats what i thought, didnt think there was anything else to it

drysdale have "broken" the hoodoo now, so you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got a tip for the Les Ash medal??? I can't really think of one player really standing out should be a close count.
Team of the year???

will be very close count.. maybe lindsay smith from ammo's, ben ricardo from og, or a suprise packet like farrelly or hughes from torquay..

any word on a winner yet?

Can any of you colac flogs that were on here mouthing off a few weeks ago come back on and let us know your excuses for a terrible performance on the wknd and how the sister club relationship with the drysdale footy club is going???

Big words for a flogger himself Timmy boy. They are still alive and should get the job done on the big Skilled Stadium this week, next week and the week after. As you, being a Grovedale fan would know, it's a bit hard to win the flag when you're not playing finals ...

Big words for a flogger himself Timmy boy. They are still alive and should get the job done on the big Skilled Stadium this week, next week and the week after. As you, being a Grovedale fan would know, it's a bit hard to win the flag when you're not playing finals ...

Dont worry about grovey mate no flogs out that way! Mark these words pieman bell park will destroy you blokes this week on the spacious skilled stadium and it'll be another year of so close yet so far for you colac lads. Also drysdale havnt lost there chockers tag just coz the won a 1st semi final, torquay will smack em on saturday and then beat ammo's in the big one. South vs joeys will be the only close game with south getting up by a couple goals.

Dont worry about grovey mate no flogs out that way! Mark these words pieman bell park will destroy you blokes this week on the spacious skilled stadium and it'll be another year of so close yet so far for you colac lads. Also drysdale havnt lost there chockers tag just coz the won a 1st semi final, torquay will smack em on saturday and then beat ammo's in the big one. South vs joeys will be the only close game with south getting up by a couple goals.

timmy finnigans you are the only one who speaks sense out on this board. shut your own pie hole pie man you got no idea. the chokers tag has not left the drysdale chokers, it never will, one win against a team which had 15 lads in the hospital on saturday wont cut it, unlucky for the cliff boys.

timmy finnigans you are the only one who speaks sense out on this board. shut your own pie hole pie man you got no idea. the chokers tag has not left the drysdale chokers, it never will, one win against a team which had 15 lads in the hospital on saturday wont cut it, unlucky for the cliff boys.

now who's talking sense??

dont worry about grovey mate no flogs out that way! mark these words pieman bell park will destroy you blokes this week on the spacious skilled stadium and it'll be another year of so close yet so far for you colac lads. also drysdale havnt lost there chockers tag just coz the won a 1st semi final, torquay will smack em on saturday and then beat ammo's in the big one. South vs joeys will be the only close game with south getting up by a couple goals.

i hope you eat your own words finnigan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you talk a whole lot for someone who aint playing finals...get off the computer and do some training!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back