Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL) 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Settle down Timmy Boy

Why the grudge against the colac, one of the local girls punch you in the face one night or something?

And if you are who i think you are i would keep my mouth shut, especially a man of your looks and sporting talents

Tim "THE MAN PUTTING CHICKEN SALT ON YOUR CHIPS AT KFC" Finnigan

Keeping you informed fists of fury

Sorry mate ive never had that much trouble with the lovely ladies of Geelong that ive had to sink to the depths of despair and wander down the highway to try it on with the ' ladies ' from Colac:D

You probably dont know me at all brother but someone did give my name away on this forum a few months back and i havnt hid from it. But if you wanna try and have a crack then ive got no problem with you telling everyone on here who i am, what i look like and what my sporting talents are. Looking forward to your response mate....

Also not a bad try with the KFC joke but if you know me like you say you do then you'd know that i actually went for a job at KFC when i was 15 and was told i wasnt required:eek: But you do get points for trying to come up with some sort of humour:thumbsu:

With young Timmy comments on Grovedale being on the up and up next year (which i agree with) i think the GFL will be an awesome comp next year.

With teams like South Barwon, St Joeys, Bell Park, Colac and St Mary's being perennial finalists. I would think these teams would all be thereabouts for finals action next year.

But i also think teams like Grovedale, Leopold and Newtown will also lift their games next year and should be challenging for serious finals action.

So thats 8 teams who you would think may be genuine finals contenders.

Makes for a great comp.

Of the rest Geelong West shoud be competitive as will Lara.

North Shore and St Albans will still be down the bottom.

With those 3 challengers next year should be a beauty.

I am aware it is a little early for this sort of call but logic says it will not be far off that.

Has anyone heard any whispers about the Ocean Grove coaching role for next year. I saw they have advertised. Any word on whether Payne and Mervin will go around again?

With young Timmy comments on Grovedale being on the up and up next year (which i agree with) i think the GFL will be an awesome comp next year.

With teams like South Barwon, St Joeys, Bell Park, Colac and St Mary's being perennial finalists. I would think these teams would all be thereabouts for finals action next year.

But i also think teams like Grovedale, Leopold and Newtown will also lift their games next year and should be challenging for serious finals action.

So thats 8 teams who you would think may be genuine finals contenders.

Makes for a great comp.

Of the rest Geelong West shoud be competitive as will Lara.

North Shore and St Albans will still be down the bottom.

With those 3 challengers next year should be a beauty.

I am aware it is a little early for this sort of call but logic says it will not be far off that.

Great comment there chops, its good to see not everyone on this site is below par in the intellect stakes! I can only really talk about grovey as you guys know but i think it is pretty clear that we are starting to get some respect thru hard work both on and off the field. With majority of the senior side contracted again next season and some potential big name recruits i really expect the club to really start pushing the top sides and hopefully having a sustained run in the finals!

Im the first to admit that we've been mediocre for a long time rizzo but at the end of the day whats Colac got in common with Grovey West and Leopold??? There all yet to win a GFL senior flag:eek:

Come up with any excuses you wont lads but for a club that is the only major league side in a big town to have finished top 3 for the past 3-4 years or whatever it is and do have never looked like winning the game that counts is an ordinary effort.

Grovedale entered comp in 1979 and are yet to get beyond a prelim

Colac (2001) and GWSP (1989) have both played in grand finals... Leopold entered in 1992 and have got as far as a prelim.

Colac won the Hampden flag in 1993, Leopold the Bellarine in 91, St.Peter's GDFL Div One in 1981.

Grovedale's last senior flag, I think a GDFL Div 2 in about 77 or 78...

Last finals appearance 1SF 1997... mmmm

Grovedale entered comp in 1979 and are yet to get beyond a prelim

Colac (2001) and GWSP (1989) have both played in grand finals... Leopold entered in 1992 and have got as far as a prelim.

Colac won the Hampden flag in 1993, Leopold the Bellarine in 91, St.Peter's GDFL Div One in 1981.

Grovedale's last senior flag, I think a GDFL Div 2 in about 77 or 78...

Last finals appearance 1SF 1997... mmmm

Yeah and what is your point? Ive always been the 1st to admit that Grovey have been mediocre. 3 finals series in 30 years tends to back it up! The facts are none of these clubs have won a senior flag. But why is everyone getting upset about my comments on Colac? There finals record is disgusting but all you blokes seem to feel sorry for them! Im perplexed!!!

Has anyone heard any whispers about the Ocean Grove coaching role for next year. I saw they have advertised. Any word on whether Payne and Mervin will go around again?
I would assume that because it has been advertised it is a vacant position. Something must be going on down there for these 2 not to go around again. They are both revered figures at Grove and they did make the finals so something doesnt quite add up.

As for the BFL grand final this week, logic says Ammos will win easily but i just get the feeling Drysdale may take it right up to the Ammos. Can i hedge my bets and say either Ammos by 10+ goals or Ammos by a couple of points. Its an all or nothing there but either way Ammos win. For mine they just have to many goal scoring options for Drysdale to shut them down.

In the GDFL you cant go past East Geelong best team all year and should win. The Hill will take it right up to them in the first half but East should be too good.

As for the coaching merry go round if Glen Wallace is not staying at Thomson i would have thought GFL clubs such as St Albans and North Shore should be getting in contact with him very quickly.

BFL GRAND FINAL

Previous 2009 Games

Rd6 Drysdale 9.18.72 def by Geel Ammos 18.9.117
(Drysdale L.Maher 5 goals B.Carmichael best)
(Geel Ammos T.Clarke 6 goals N.Bromley best)

Rd15 Geel Ammos 25.14.164 def Drysdale 17.11.113
(Geel Ammos D.Guinane 7 goals D.Zaparenkov 6 goals M.Trevaskis best)
(Drysdale S.Scott 4 goals L.Maher 3 goals S.Scott best)

Grand Final Odds

Geel Ammos $1.15
Drysdale $5.50

My Tip....

Geelong Ammos by 49 pts

This week in the GFL I think Bell Park are a big chance of running over South Barwon, especially if Josh McCann and Knucky play, too slow on the big ground..got found out against Joeys.

For South Barwon to win they simply need to stop the Bell Park wingmen and onballers kicking goals, 15 goals came from the Sheringham brothers, Jason Graham and Batchelor against Colac. Vital when they don't have a dominant tall forward.

Anyone got any recruiting news?? Have heard a whisper linking Paul Carson to Leopold... but it seems everyone gets linked to Leopold these days!! also we know Paul Carson is leaving West, but has Dale also left the Roosters?

Anyone got any recruiting news?? Have heard a whisper linking Paul Carson to Leopold... but it seems everyone gets linked to Leopold these days!! also we know Paul Carson is leaving West, but has Dale also left the Roosters?[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty certain that both carson's will be leaving west but it would also be safe to say that nearly every club in geelong plus hoppers crossing would've spoken to them.

didn't kick a goal...

apologies tomma, got my Grahams mixed up!

In saying that though, of the 34 goals Bell Park have kicked this finals series, only 4 have come from a legitimate tall forward in Hayden Graham, the rest through midfielders and small forwards. quite a stat!

In saying that though, of the 34 goals Bell Park have kicked this finals series, only 4 have come from a legitimate tall forward in Hayden Graham, the rest through midfielders and small forwards. quite a stat!

Apprently it was reported on a local radio station this morning that the carson's have signed on at st joeys next year. Anyone hear this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the Carsons have signed at Joeys for 2010. The club told the players and committee last night, but they don't want to take the focus away from next weekend so have only made a small announcement to the media today ...

after digging out a stat like that, you are forgiven rocky!

having said that, he is the only legitamate tall forward in the team and has probably averaged about 2 or 2.5 a game this season so its not like the smalls have just turned it on now... maybe you can get the GFL almanac out again for us rocky and find out his average gpg?

the point being someone has to kick them and if you dont have the talls then it will have to be the smalls...

Yep, the Carsons have signed at Joeys for 2010. The club told the players and committee last night, but they don't want to take the focus away from next weekend so have only made a small announcement to the media today ...

How do you make a small announcement to the media?
So by small I assume they have spoken to the Geelong News?
Or by small thay have made a one line quote?
It is a big recruiting positive for St Joeys there is no doubting that.
They must be taking funds from the collection plate on Sundays.

Was just thinking at the end of the season there have been 9 vacant senior coaching jobs around Geelong footy.

GFL
Geelong West (filled)
ST Albans
North Shore

BFL
Portarlington (filled)
Barwon Heads
Ocean Grove

GDFL
Blue West
Anakie
Corio

With the possibility according to rumour of 2 more to make it 11 coaching jobs. (those being Bell Post Hill and Thomson)

How do you make a small announcement to the media?
So by small I assume they have spoken to the Geelong News?
Or by small thay have made a one line quote?
It is a big recruiting positive for St Joeys there is no doubting that.
They must be taking funds from the collection plate on Sundays.

You would think with Peter Street, etc as well as the Carsons, they would be extremely close to leading the comp in player payments. Just think it was only about four years ago that there was a $55,000 salary cap.

You would think with Peter Street, etc as well as the Carsons, they would be extremely close to leading the comp in player payments. Just think it was only about four years ago that there was a $55,000 salary cap.

haha well as someone quite close to the club, i can assure you that wouldn't be the case. about 80% of the playing group are home grown Joeys people and play for peanuts. ive heard of clubs signing apparant gun players then paying them all year while they play reserves!!

after digging out a stat like that, you are forgiven rocky!

having said that, he is the only legitamate tall forward in the team and has probably averaged about 2 or 2.5 a game this season so its not like the smalls have just turned it on now... maybe you can get the GFL almanac out again for us rocky and find out his average gpg?

the point being someone has to kick them and if you dont have the talls then it will have to be the smalls...

too easy great man!
Games Played Goals kicked Ave. goals per game
Jason Graham (Bell Park)20 53 2.65
Nick Batchelor (Bell Park)20 50 2.50
Timothy Sheringham (Bell Park)20 34 1.70
Hayden Graham (Bell Park)19 32 1.68
Daniel Lowther (Bell Park)19 30 1.58
Charlie Hallam (Bell Park) 20 30 1.50

What it shows is where Bell Parks strength lies, and if South Barwon are any chance to win, their onballers need to play some accountable footy!

haha well as someone quite close to the club, i can assure you that wouldn't be the case. about 80% of the playing group are home grown Joeys people and play for peanuts. ive heard of clubs signing apparant gun players then paying them all year while they play reserves!!

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to pipe up and tell us all that '' my club doesnt pay this and that for players they just love the jumper blah blah blah '' mate unless your on the committe im tipping you'd have no idea wat joeys spend, the same with the rest of us and the club we follow. Do you think joeys would spend less on players than clubs outside the top 5? Highly unlikely. Good on joeys if they do have blokes playing for peanuts but unfortunately in this day and age i dont think this would be the case.

too easy great man!
Games Played Goals kicked Ave. goals per game
Jason Graham (Bell Park)20 53 2.65
Nick Batchelor (Bell Park)20 50 2.50
Timothy Sheringham (Bell Park)20 34 1.70
Hayden Graham (Bell Park)19 32 1.68
Daniel Lowther (Bell Park)19 30 1.58
Charlie Hallam (Bell Park) 20 30 1.50

What it shows is where Bell Parks strength lies, and if South Barwon are any chance to win, their onballers need to play some accountable footy!

wowee i would thought he'd have kicked more than that... some of your finest work rock man!

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to pipe up and tell us all that '' my club doesnt pay this and that for players they just love the jumper blah blah blah '' mate unless your on the committe im tipping you'd have no idea wat joeys spend, the same with the rest of us and the club we follow. Do you think joeys would spend less on players than clubs outside the top 5? Highly unlikely. Good on joeys if they do have blokes playing for peanuts but unfortunately in this day and age i dont think this would be the case.
Joeys must be paying more than grovedale were going to hay timmy because you said that they were going to grovedale didnt you timmy.Wrong again:D:D

Joeys must be paying more than grovedale were going to hay timmy because you said that they were going to grovedale didnt you timmy.Wrong again:D:D

Welcome back wiseoldman. Did you forget the passwords to your other identitys whoistimfinnigan and ivegot6fishingrods??? Once again you've just proven how much of a flog you really are. Find me the post where i said they were definately going to grovey and ill admit i was wrong...

Anyone who thinks good players play for very little just because they played juniors at the same club are kidding themselves. T Baker, D Lovick, etc would be on very, very good wickets i would suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back