Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

heys guys just a couple of qwik qns.
how are both st.Joeys and north shore looking this year.
who are there main guns, if injury strikes who will suffer most?
and duz a damien zaparenkov play in any of the leauges around the areas?
was a local boy, i he duz how duz he go n who duz he play for?
cheers guys!!!!

good luck to newtown this week against hampden fl
Co-incidental that Terry Bright is coach? ie. amount of Newtown players in squad and the fact that Michael Bright was picked straight up after two games when coming off a season following a knee re-co? Shane Jack unlucky to miss out I would have thought; 55 goals from ruck rover and a bloke who doesn't play a game gets straight in after 12 months on the sidelines.

wat is the side for this weekend?? brighty is killing it this year for newtown he is a freak!

wat is the side for this weekend?? brighty is killing it this year for newtown he is a freak!
That might be the case but he was chosen in the squad before he had a chance to kill it. GFL & GCA are identical in this respect. Interleague squads should be chosen to reward players for stand out seasons the year before; not players with big reputations. What are the selectors trying to achieve? A win at all costs against the opposition or to pick players who have earned the right to represent the competition. The AFL used to have it spot on and only ever rewarded players on form. Too bad local comps don't see fit to do the same.

Co-incidental that Terry Bright is coach? ie. amount of Newtown players in squad and the fact that Michael Bright was picked straight up after two games when coming off a season following a knee re-co? Shane Jack unlucky to miss out I would have thought; 55 goals from ruck rover and a bloke who doesn't play a game gets straight in after 12 months on the sidelines.

Def agree on shane Jack, was just about best on last week again... and not even an invitation???? should hav put a newtown jumper on at half time he'd prob be playing this week!

Hi,

I was just wondering how Geelong west are going??

Can anyone comment on the following;

Costa, shane jack, carson brothers

They seem to have a pretty strong list just wondering how they are coming together

Hi,

I was just wondering how Geelong west are going??

Can anyone comment on the following;

Costa, shane jack, carson brothers

They seem to have a pretty strong list just wondering how they are coming together
Going along ok. Loss to Grovedale was obviously not in the plans but Grovey played very well on the day and deserved to win. Costa has been going along ok and played at his best in Round 1. Jack coming off B&F year has been best player for the past couple and as said before was very unlucky to miss out on GFL honours. Carson boys have slotted in well. Both very different players to each other. Dale has kicked 16 so far at FF whilst Paul runs all day and has been amongst the best each week. Other recruits have all been good inc. Saunders at CHF, Faulkner across half back and Whiteford in the centre. Some lesser lights have also been solid. St Albans at home this week followed by a tough test out at North Shore. Coming from only two wins last season, they will do well to knock on the finals door.

Does anyone know anything about this skinny Anglesea recruit Brent Lynch #20 played his first 1's game not long ago?

Does anyone know anything about this skinny Anglesea recruit Brent Lynch #20 played his first 1's game not long ago?

Yeh i am a local geelong boy and closely follow the anglesea roo's. Seen the boy work his way up through the ranks of the 2's and is a good unit for the side. Is a "massive chance" to stay in the big boys game of seniors. Can play footy the brute of a man...

Yeh i am a local geelong boy and closely follow the anglesea roo's. Seen the boy work his way up through the ranks of the 2's and is a good unit for the side. Is a "massive chance" to stay in the big boys game of seniors. Can play footy the brute of a man...
Well perry 18, i have heard of the kid. And its just another charity story that has come out of the anglesea fc. Tristan lynch has had a few stern words to the coaching staff about giving young cuz a run it looks like. Vicious rumors going around about the young fella being put on the wing in the ones and the kid broke his leg from running wide, too wide into the fence. But when the kid comes back they will place him on the ball. In and under player. And apparently the kid loves a punt.

Well perry 18, i have heard of the kid. And its just another charity story that has come out of the anglesea fc. Tristan lynch has had a few stern words to the coaching staff about giving young cuz a run it looks like. Vicious rumors going around about the young fella being put on the wing in the ones and the kid broke his leg from running wide, too wide into the fence. But when the kid comes back they will place him on the ball. In and under player. And apparently the kid loves a punt.

Chinka, it appears you know the lad well? Do i know of you by any chance? But yeh herd about the injury, but i thought it was from falling from the heights of the "block"? but i must be mistaken.

But curious chinka, do you play football by any chance, or just stick to being unsocial and a hermit??

Chinka, it appears you know the lad well? Do i know of you by any chance? But yeh herd about the injury, but i thought it was from falling from the heights of the "block"? but i must be mistaken.

But curious chinka, do you play football by any chance, or just stick to being unsocial and a hermit??
perry, perry, perry. little do you know about my very reliable sources. All im sayin is that "burnsy" has a crack, and good on him.
And no, i dont know the kid, not at all. Just keeping this disgustingly distructive thread alive my man. Just tuning right into dribble FM. Good station that, look it up perry.
And im going to be straight with you, i havent played football in 18 months. This is due to a terrible accident with my hair straightener. Look out for them.

perry, perry, perry. little do you know about my very reliable sources. All im sayin is that "burnsy" has a crack, and good on him.
And no, i dont know the kid, not at all. Just keeping this disgustingly distructive thread alive my man. Just tuning right into dribble FM. Good station that, look it up perry.
And im going to be straight with you, i havent played football in 18 months. This is due to a terrible accident with my hair straightener. Look out for them.

ah chinka chinka chinka i feel for you my man, terrible accident i read about in the geelong advertser.... i herd ryrie hall was the victim in that eposide. Go for the chemical straighten mate, its alot safter. But i actully read about that boy and herd he was abit of a gun player in the football world... massive unit who could play the game. Until he had a stay over in barton college...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ah chinka chinka chinka i feel for you my man, terrible accident i read about in the geelong advertser.... i herd ryrie hall was the victim in that eposide. Go for the chemical straighten mate, its alot safter. But i actully read about that boy and herd he was abit of a gun player in the football world... massive unit who could play the game. Until he had a stay over in barton college...
perry my man, i bet you would know all about the hair straighening strategies wouldnt you? Yeah and im not blaming the accident, because i cant play the game for s#%t anyway. Yeah dont know about the barton college debarkle your going on about here, where is barton?

Yer i was at the modda game where they beat Geelong Amateur by 32pts and which was a great game to watch....in the 1st Quarter modda kick 5 goals straight to Amos 0 goals & 2 behinds which modda was kicking uphill and with the wind which set the game up for modda....Daniel Hermans the ex Sth Barwon Ruckman got best on ground which he killed Geelong Amateurs ruckman in Lindsay Smith.... Hermans was every where and winnin the tap outs.....Sam Clark for Geelong Amateur who only kicked 1 goal had a very quite game.....aswell ex Carins player in Jason Elliott for modda who got 2nd in the best players for the BFL interleague side last week aswell played a very good game and Steve Dellow kicking 5 goals for modda....
If modda plays 4 Quarters of footy and there starts playing good they might seek into the 5 by the end of the year:thumbsu:

What are great win by Grovedale on the weekend against Nth Shore 88 points are fair hiding!!! Whats peoples thoughts about Grovedale???

What are great win by Grovedale on the weekend against Nth Shore 88 points are fair hiding!!! Whats peoples thoughts about Grovedale???
Unsurprisingly, I was very disappointed in the Geelong Advertiser Mon morning. They ran with the StJ/Lara and Newtown/St Marys games. Meanwhile, two of the biggest upsets unfolded in Sth Barwon and North Shore both being defeated, yet not even a short note. Well done to both Grovey and Bell Park. Certainly makes for a continuing interesting season. I have seen Grovey play once this season and they looked a lot better than the punters were giving them credit for. Mensch has got them playing a very smart brand of football and after last season's exodus of players they have a good handful of blokes now standing up. Davenport looks to be one of the best going around at present whilst Riordan continues to be one of the fast rising stars of the comp. If they keep up their form, they will certainly be in the mix at the end of the season. Not sure who they play this week but NS have GWSP at home who will want to arrest their pattern of win one, lose one and this should be one of the games of the round.

i too was very disappointed hornet, although i understand the matches of the round are predetermined to give everyone a go throughout the season surely there could have been room for some kind of article about these two results! watching bell park beat sth barwon was the best day for the club since the '03 grand final and it deserved something more than just the results and saying that south can be beaten in an interview with greaves. maybe in the coming days a young reporter like nick wade can rustle up something about these two great wins that seem to have been overlooked...

I'm pretty sure Nick Wade will be all over this one.

It's a disgrace...at least the GDFL can have notes on all the games...in Noel Fanning's own unique style...

The Geelong Addy's coverage of local footy is terrible...

Anybody notice how East Geelong players all of a sudden became Thomson players in last Monday's photos...Tom Harriott in maroon and gold...hahahahaha...it's crap like that and the fact the Addy has a Geelong win as a frontpage that gives it absolutley no credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back