Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Newcomb put together a dad's army should be a good game versus Drysdale with some of the old men they will have out there

I am the second oldest person in the reserves team at age 30. A good bunch of kids down there which is good to see, but if any of the legends want to come down and watch feel free.

Just hope Newcomb do it the right way now and not just put the coin out there and get alot of players that are only there for what they can get!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AFTER YOUR KIDS

Ladder Predictions GFL
St Marys- Always there about and good recruits
Sth Barwon- Still strong but will be beatable after losing key players
GWSP have picked up a few and apparently have looked good
St Josephs- Extremely fit i hear na dgood pick ups in Shaw Bowyer and few boys from Bendigo
Bell Park- Gained and lost equally good players but remember only jst snuck in last yr so wouldnt get too excited

colac- Hard to say really
Grovedale- Young prob same as last yr
Leopold- No massive recruits
St Albans- Still Sh*t
Nth Shore- Once powerful club could b on a path to destruction sad to see really. By own admission have said " There playing for Fun"

Ladder Predictions GFL
St Josephs- Extremely fit i hear na dgood pick ups in Shaw Bowyer and few boys from Bendigo
Bell Park- Gained and lost equally good players but remember only jst snuck in last yr so wouldnt get too excited

St Albans- Still Sh*t
Nth Shore- Once powerful club could b on a path to destruction sad to see really. By own admission have said " There playing for Fun"
What happened to Lara & Newtown?

South Barwon, Bell Park & GWSP to fight out top spots.

St Albans, Leopold and Lara to improve with some good long term recuriting.

Can someone give me the good oil on Queenscliffe? Doesn't seem to be much written about them on here. Have a mate coaching them this year and am interested in an unbiased opinion of what they'll be like.

Ladder Predictions GFL

St Albans- Still Sh*t

i see you've done your research and provided some really insightful comments. well done.

Can someone give me the good oil on Queenscliffe? Doesn't seem to be much written about them on here. Have a mate coaching them this year and am interested in an unbiased opinion of what they'll be like.

They will be average at best. Will battle it out for the wooden spoon to be honest. Just dont have much quality. Thats not biased just an honest opinion.

Anglesea went down to portarlington by about 2 goals. Anglesea looked the goods at 3qtr time but the last quarter lost it for them. Number 6 for angleasea was extremely greedy and cost them the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anglesea went down to portarlington by about 2 goals. Anglesea looked the goods at 3qtr time but the last quarter lost it for them. Number 6 for angleasea was extremely greedy and cost them the game.

does port have any new players this year or are they just building from within?

Any truth to these two rumours:

-Matt Bruhn is playing back at Grovedale.
-North Shore had to forfeit a practice game due to lack of numbers.

pretty sure matt bruhn has retired. would take alot for him to be back playing, even if it was grovedale.

Hey Powerpunch, I'm told you would be a good chance for a senior berth after Newcomb's dismal performance after quarter time and your bold showing in the reserves???

I'm of the understanding that North Shore couldn't get enough to travel to Learmonth on the last week of March...

yeah thats right, 17 players pulled out on the thursday and friday before the game for a number of reasons mainly due to work and a couple of injuries. it couldnt be helped. and you can find 17 players in 2 days. footy doesnt pay the bills and put food on your table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back