Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the problem with our league. We rate and PAY blokes like Miggy Podosky ( great young bloke ) to play football yet they have never played consistent major league footy or even been close to a regular senior player. The same goes for the two Golden Square blokes recruited by Pyramid Hill. The amount of money they are being paid and to never have been considered a senior player in Bendigo is a joke. At least blokes like Steve Cox, Wally Maxted, Shevlin, Comer etc earnt there price tag. Now it is a case of " I am a good Bendigo Two's player" pay me $200+ or you don't get me. Get stuffed.

It is unfortunate and blokes should not be getting paid that amount, however if a club comes to them and offers it then you cannot blame them for grabbing it with both hands. I do agree with what you say mate, although with Miggy on an individual basis he wasn't a senior player for South yet from what i have seen of him I would think he will be more than a handy senior footballer for Serp. If he doesn't finish in the top 3-5 of the clubs b&f i would be surprised.

It is unfortunate and blokes should not be getting paid that amount, however if a club comes to them and offers it then you cannot blame them for grabbing it with both hands. I do agree with what you say mate, although with Miggy on an individual basis he wasn't a senior player for South yet from what i have seen of him I would think he will be more than a handy senior footballer for Serp. If he doesn't finish in the top 3-5 of the clubs b&f i would be surprised.

i have played along side miggy and know that once there is some attention payed to him, he goes missing

I think you read his post wrong. You're on your horse... the high one.

Looking at your posts KITC, with all due respect... and remember, I'm saying with all due respect.... your opinion ain't worth a velvet painting of a whale and a donkey gettin it on.

Posting long, self-rightous drivel is your game... You don't support Serp but you know the inside stories... and on the Bendigo FL thread, you don't support Flat but you went into great detail about the Phil Lobb story... too much spare time fella :cool:
Shake and Bake Plugger.

Absolutely. Some criticism is warranted however. I was talking about if you leave some points out of an argument, people love to point out flaws in your view. I believed what Dr. K was implying / imparting / delivering (whatever) warranted me to post critical comments and defend those he was questioning. He still posted what he posted, and set himself up as the 'expert' and part of that is to take responsibility for what you say / post. i felt he backed down and was hoping to get away with a fairly cheap shot on certain people and clubs. What he posted was wrong. I do agree my criticism was quite agressive and over-zealous... but still warranted.

I'm glad I entertain you at the very least then. I think I have certanly stimulated this thread a bit if nothing else. I don't particularly enjoy being referred to as a 'pit bull in a cage' but it is probably, here's that word, warranted. :p

However from your lack of re-buttle about my points on my little discussion with Dr. K, should I assume you tend to agree with my contention, even if you don't agree with my method of delivering it?
Where is the off button? Any chance of moving on?

Where is the off button? Any chance of moving on?

There is an option to block posts from me, instead of complaining when you have options why don't you do something about it.

I might do the same, your terribly witty movie quote and irrelevant reply to an at least semi on topic discussion probably won't make me regret my decision.

There is an option to block posts from me, instead of complaining when you have options why don't you do something about it.

I might do the same, your terribly witty movie quote and irrelevant reply to an at least semi on topic discussion probably won't make me regret my decision.
The problem is that the "topic" has moved away from being about Serp and on to you and the chip on your shoulder.
I, like most of the people on this site read it knowing that it is more often than not peoples opinions and not necessarily fact. If Dr K says he was at training, who are we to say he was not? And if after seeing Serp train he thinks they didn't train well or hard, then thats his opinion. It is not character assassination or any other crime that would justify you getting on your soap box to the level that you have.
Fact is, Serp were beaten by the team most people thought would finish last this year. It is only early, however if this trend continues at the end of the year we may well be thinking that Dr K. is a good judge.
So climb down from off that box, and let people have their opinions, just as you have yours.

The problem is that the "topic" has moved away from being about Serp and on to you and the chip on your shoulder.
I, like most of the people on this site read it knowing that it is more often than not peoples opinions and not necessarily fact. If Dr K says he was at training, who are we to say he was not? And if after seeing Serp train he thinks they didn't train well or hard, then thats his opinion. It is not character assassination or any other crime that would justify you getting on your soap box to the level that you have.
Fact is, Serp were beaten by the team most people thought would finish last this year. It is only early, however if this trend continues at the end of the year we may well be thinking that Dr K. is a good judge.
So climb down from off that box, and let people have their opinions, just as you have yours.

Gee, I'm getting all teary Prowler. Thanks for the back-up. Fact is everyone knows I'm a Sandhurst man... and everyone should know that Serp and Hurst shared Ewing Park for most of the summer. I just called their training how I saw it... Hope they do better this week.

I am glad to get back on topic. Truly.

I do not sign up to BigFooty to have to defend myself and my posts and come across as 'being on my soap box' or 'high horse'. But enough with this, i'm happy to move on.

I didn't intend to attack Dr. K's opinion on a whole and question him personally. We will have to agree to disagree on the pre-season of Serp. I know that the comments that he may or may not of overheard about Steve not being able to train the boys due to lack of motivation are unfounded. OK. It is my opinion that they did not just do lane work and kick to kick, but compared to Sandhurst's, who i did spot doing exclusive running drills, it might have looked as such in comparison. I don't, and never did argue that Serp will be the fittest team on the park, as I too was told by many that their luck lustre efforts in the last qtr cost them, and might continue to cost them...

was at the game saturday and in my opinion it was pretty simple:

Serp had 5 good footballers on the day, the same 5 were the ones that got them back into the game in the second quarter (led by Josh Hutton, dominat display for 3.5 quarters) and then got them effectively over the line by three quarter time.

Was a warm day, round 1 of the year the 5 of them were bound to get tired and they did tire, which enabled YCW to hit back in the last quarter.

Geez, I'm glad I brought up the YCW V Serp game!

How about we turn our attention to the Miti v Calivil game. I found that to be a more interesting result from last weekend.

All pre season Miti were being slagged off for the beatings they were getting, but managed to turn it on when it counted.

They look like they must have covered the losses such as Wicks and Morrisey.

Anyone watch the game?

(and no, I'm not writing Calivil off! did they have many players missing???)

I find it quite interesting that Serp are being dismissed because YC beat them, the fact is YC had a very quiet pre-season and a lot of work was going on around the club, they only lost 3 players from last years playing list, yet recruiting a lot of people back to the club that have fantastic personalities & skills that younger kids can learn from, yet no-one gave them a chance. So realistically Serp probably shouldn't be getting bagged out as much as they are, chances are YC this year is going to be a very different and a lot more competitive side than last year, but since no-one knew anything during the pre-season you all wrote them off...... (they actually won every game of netball & football on saturday)

It shall be interesting to see how the year pans out, Miti beating Calival was an upset as like BBoy said Miti were not given a chance because of their loss of players over the pre-season yet they came out firing and won.

Round 2 shall be interesting Marong vs P Hill would have to match of the round, can Marong follow up on all their hype from pre-season chatter???? Will Bird punch someone???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it quite interesting that Serp are being dismissed because YC beat them, the fact is YC had a very quiet pre-season and a lot of work was going on around the club, they only lost 3 players from last years playing list, yet recruiting a lot of people back to the club that have fantastic personalities & skills that younger kids can learn from, yet no-one gave them a chance. So realistically Serp probably shouldn't be getting bagged out as much as they are, chances are YC this year is going to be a very different and a lot more competitive side than last year, but since no-one knew anything during the pre-season you all wrote them off...... (they actually won every game of netball & football on saturday)

It shall be interesting to see how the year pans out, Miti beating Calival was an upset as like BBoy said Miti were not given a chance because of their loss of players over the pre-season yet they came out firing and won.

Round 2 shall be interesting Marong vs P Hill would have to match of the round, can Marong follow up on all their hype from pre-season chatter???? Will Bird punch someone???

I'd say P Hill by 10 goals, 5 goals minimum. If Marong can play 4 quarters in the same fashion they played the 3rd quarter last saturday then they may have a chance but it is unlikely!

Geez, I'm glad I brought up the YCW V Serp game!

How about we turn our attention to the Miti v Calivil game. I found that to be a more interesting result from last weekend.

All pre season Miti were being slagged off for the beatings they were getting, but managed to turn it on when it counted.

They look like they must have covered the losses such as Wicks and Morrisey.

Anyone watch the game?

(and no, I'm not writing Calivil off! did they have many players missing???)

I was at the Calivil vs Miti game on the weekend. Miti were simply the better team on the day. Was a strong breeze which both teams used to their advantage until the last quarter when Calivil ran out of legs. Miti's new players were promising however Calivil had about 5 regular senior players out. As far as I know Miti were only missing Chapman. It was an entertaining game. Will be interesting to see if both teams form carries over into the rest of the season...

Tips for this weekend ??? . . . seniors, reserves and under 17s
YCW vs Inglewood
Calivil United vs BL Serpentine
Marong vs Pyrimid Hill

Tips for this weekend ??? . . . seniors, reserves and under 17s
YCW vs Inglewood
Calivil United vs BL Serpentine
Marong vs Pyrimid Hill

seniors tips
ycw by 6 goals
calivil by 5 goals
miti by 7 goals
marong by a point

reserves tips
ycw by 10 goals
calivil by 5 goals
miti by 2 goals
p hill by 2 goals

under 17 tips
ycw
serp by a goal
miti by 3 goals
marong by 7 goals

seniors tips
ycw by 6 goals
calivil by 5 goals
miti by 7 goals
marong by a point

reserves tips
ycw by 10 goals
calivil by 5 goals
miti by 2 goals
p hill by 2 goals

under 17 tips
ycw
serp by a goal
miti by 3 goals
marong by 7 goals

my tips seniors
inglewood by 5pts
calivil by 18
miti by 12
marong by 6

2s
ycw by 50
calivi by 60
miti by 12
marong by 15

u17s
ycw
calivil by 10
miti by 30
marong by 30
all tips in points.

Probably rubbish, but I'd heard that Fevaleaki had a hamstring injury and Marsh a groin injury. Anyone know any more?

Either way, I suppose we'll find out in Friday's Advertiser.

I see Damien King has put in another clearance back to Heathcote. Probably safe to assume this one won't be cancelled.

That's a real shame for Serp because him and Hutton were the only two good things going for it. Coupled with the fact that Hutton is known to go a bit soft at times, King was a great combo with him because it gave Hutton a chance to have a rest off the ball. He will be the poorer player with King leaving. Serp are strengthening for the spoon now I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back